Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Chicagoland and I believe Kentucky off the schedule as well.

Nashville added to it.  Dirt on top of the pavement at bristol is kinda weird,  should have gone to a true dirt track but not sure that Nascar or bruton own one.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Nashville added to it.  Dirt on top of the pavement at bristol is kinda weird,  should have gone to a true dirt track but not sure that Nascar or bruton own one.  

They raced on Bristol covered in dirt in 1999 and 2000 or 2000 and 2001.  Several tracks in the midwest have gone from pavement to dirt and just covered the pavement too.  They are usually pretty good.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

They raced on Bristol covered in dirt in 1999 and 2000 or 2000 and 2001.  Several tracks in the midwest have gone from pavement to dirt and just covered the pavement too.  They are usually pretty good.  

They did it here to Oswego speedway when they moved Super Dirt Week from the Fair Grounds to Oswego..first year it was a little thin and the clay was peeling up in 40-50lb sheets flying through the air..Caused some nasty wrecks. Then it was right down to pavement for a BB modified dirt car...was a shit show..

quote from an owner

"Yes we'll come back and try it again," said Michael Ladouceur.  "We just hope we don't wreck the equipment, that's what we are worried about and the driver's safety and right now the track is coming apart they just have to find a way to keep the clay together."

• Like 1

No more Daytona race on the 4th of July...Road America now...not sure how I feel about that. I like RA but losing the old Firecracker 400 sucks.

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

They did it here to Oswego speedway when they moved Super Dirt Week from the Fair Grounds to Oswego..first year it was a little thin and the clay was peeling up in 40-50lb sheets flying through the air..Caused some nasty wrecks. Then it was right down to pavement for a BB modified dirt car...was a shit show..

quote from an owner

"Yes we'll come back and try it again," said Michael Ladouceur.  "We just hope we don't wreck the equipment, that's what we are worried about and the driver's safety and right now the track is coming apart they just have to find a way to keep the clay together."

Both I-94 tracks were dirt over asphalt for at least a year, or one of them was for sure.  They were fine. 

We ran Elko when they covered that in dirt too.  I think that lasted a couple years? 

There is a paved track or two somewhere south/southeast of me that has dirt over the pavement now too.  

Heartbreaker for Matty D

what a shit show of a race......lol.... I love it.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

So I guess I have James Davidson, Brandon Gaughn and Timmy Hill.

Hill had a Top 15 finish I believe.....Stenhouse finished 38th, Newman 6th and Beuscher was top 5 I believe until Nascar penalized him and he finished 22nd.