Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Anyone watching the hot mess of the F1 race..I think half the field is out after 2 attempted starts

Brutally.

The first start mess up was understandable. The second one just stupid.

• Like 1

Second race of the Indycar double header from Mid Ohio this afternoon...big win  yesterday for Will Power. Also keep your eye on rookie phenom Rinus Veekay...the kid can absolutely wheel an Indycar.

https://www.indycar.com/Series/Indy-Lights/Rinus-VeeKay

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Second race of the Indycar double header from Mid Ohio this afternoon...big win  yesterday for Will Power. Also keep your eye on rookie phenom Rinus Veekay...the kid can absolutely wheel an Indycar.

https://www.indycar.com/Series/Indy-Lights/Rinus-VeeKay

I watched yesterday's, going to watch todays too, just finished all my chores..haha..

Should be a good race, drivers are going to be tired, yesterday was exhausting for them. I'm rooting for Rahal..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Damn, WTF,  toss some used up tires at least in front of the pole.  

I'll bet it'll be mounded up around it about 10 feet high or have some armco around it come first race next year.  To top it off, the light fixture came crashing down on the car too.  

Probably one of the stranger weeks of racing for us.  My friend raced in the literal rain, on a dirt track.  Raced in the fog.  Raced til 4am.  Etc.  

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll bet it'll be mounded up around it about 10 feet high or have some armco around it come first race next year.  To top it off, the light fixture came crashing down on the car too.  

Probably one of the stranger weeks of racing for us.  My friend raced in the literal rain, on a dirt track.  Raced in the fog.  Raced til 4am.  Etc.  

It snowed the one year at the NYS fair grounds for super dirt week, cars were in track too.. Wasn't sticking or anything, but it was blowing around for sure

• Gold Member
On 9/13/2020 at 11:17 AM, Dieselgeek said:

Jimmie Johnson headed for Indy car next year. Should bring in a few more fans.  

Field filler for indy like Danica was for NASCAR?

Edited by BOHICA

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

we'll see if the sponsors have the sack to go along with him stepping in a cup car.  

Ally is signed with Hendrick for the 48 car for next year. If Ally wants Larson, he will be in the 48. If they don't, he won't. Simple as that.

p.s. Also if Chevy will let him back in the camp. Though Hendrick has HUGE pull with Chebby.

Edited by Legend

I have a feeling, maybe wrong, that Larson if he races cup next year will be in a shit car. That will be his 1 year punishment. Then after next year when Bowyer (probably) or Harvick (?) retire, Larson will be in line for SHR. 

29 minutes ago, Legend said:

btw the drama, mans soap opera, of nascar is much better than the actual racing...

Sadly that is true...you obviously are a racer so can you tell me why the racing has become so boring and bad? Is it the cars, the tracks, rules...the Bristol night race used to be one of the highlights of the  season and now not so much.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sadly that is true...you obviously are a racer so can you tell me why the racing has become so boring and bad? Is it the cars, the tracks, rules...the Bristol night race used to be one of the highlights of the  season and now not so much.

If I had the answer I'd be rich. 

I think the aero or down force is WAY too much. I think the cars handle too well. I think the personalities are too polished. I think the races are too long (though they were almost the same length back in the Dale SR days so...?). I think there are WAY to many 1.5-2 mile tracks. 

How can you change any of that though? Gotta have aero to keep the cars out of the stands. Sponsors want a polished spokesman not some Jimmy Spencer crude asshole. Nascar used to need the bigger tracks because the small tracks didn't have enough seating. Bristol held what 70K+ people, AND there was a waiting list. Kansas hold what 100K+ and they used to fill it up. But North Wilkesboro held a fraction of that. And so they don't go there. They could probably go back to smaller tracks, but it looks like the trend is to make the bigger tracks more exciting, like the Rovals. 

I will always pay attention to racing and nascar. I usually don't watch any full races on tv. But I sure do enjoy watching local short track specials, asphalt and dirt. There's no riding around waiting for the last 50 laps when the whole race is 50 or 100 laps. You gotta drive the shit out of it from the start. Thats so much more exciting. 

Just my opinions.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Legend said:

If I had the answer I'd be rich. 

I think the aero or down force is WAY too much. I think the cars handle too well. I think the personalities are too polished. I think the races are too long (though they were almost the same length back in the Dale SR days so...?). I think there are WAY to many 1.5-2 mile tracks. 

How can you change any of that though? Gotta have aero to keep the cars out of the stands. Sponsors want a polished spokesman not some Jimmy Spencer crude asshole. Nascar used to need the bigger tracks because the small tracks didn't have enough seating. Bristol held what 70K+ people, AND there was a waiting list. Kansas hold what 100K+ and they used to fill it up. But North Wilkesboro held a fraction of that. And so they don't go there. They could probably go back to smaller tracks, but it looks like the trend is to make the bigger tracks more exciting, like the Rovals. 

I will always pay attention to racing and nascar. I usually don't watch any full races on tv. But I sure do enjoy watching local short track specials, asphalt and dirt. There's no riding around waiting for the last 50 laps when the whole race is 50 or 100 laps. You gotta drive the shit out of it from the start. Thats so much more exciting. 

Just my opinions.

Thanks for the reply...all good points. 👍🏼
There has been a grass roots push to rehab N. Wilkesboro and Rockingham but I don’t see it going anywhere. There is also a push to get a date at the Nashville Fairgrounds which is apparently an old track a lot of guys really like. I know it was a product of the Covid shutdown but the doubleheader weekends with both races being shorter at places like Darlington and Michigan are a good idea IMO. Also interested to see how Tony Stewart’s new series pans out..sounds like a good idea. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

<Cracks open a Busch>

Welp, where would you like to begin, sonny?

• Haha 1