Check your account email address ×

Auto industry shake up or more hot air

• Platinum Contributing Member

More good news! :bc:

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCHA.MI) (FCAU.N) on Sunday said it will invest $1 billion to modernize two plants in the U.S. Midwest and create 2,000 jobs, upping the ante as automakers respond to threats from President-elect Donald Trump to slap new taxes on imported vehicles.

FCA's announcement that it would retool factories in Ohio and Michigan to build new Jeep sport utility vehicles, including a pickup truck, and potentially move production of a Ram heavy-duty pickup truck to Michigan from Mexico, also highlighted the auto industry's keen interest in getting relief from tough fuel economy rules enacted by the outgoing Obama administration.

General Motors Co (GM.N) Chief Executive Mary Barra on Sunday said tax reform and "streamlining regulations ... are just two areas that would be extremely beneficial" for Trump to address. Trump has criticized GM for building cars in Mexico while laying off workers in the United States.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiatchrysler-usa-idUSKBN14S0WL

Whether or not Trump is pulling the strings, industry is running scared of being labeled as the new face of outsourcing like Carrier was. Somehow his rhetoric is working. However you feel about Trump, it is pretty hard to deny that. Gotta give him credit for fear shaming a lot of potential jobs and revenue into the economy. The economy was on the up under Obama, but Trump is throwing his twitter palpacy to good use in these cases. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Whether or not Trump is pulling the strings, industry is running scared of being labeled as the new face of outsourcing like Carrier was. Somehow his rhetoric is working. However you feel about Trump, it is pretty hard to deny that. Gotta give him credit for fear shaming a lot of potential jobs and revenue into the economy. The economy was on the up under Obama, but Trump is throwing his twitter palpacy to good use in these cases. 

Yahtzee!

:salute:

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the article clearly indicates that the decision to modernize the plants had been made two to three years ago. i enjoy watching trump steeple more and more everyday. 

if hillary would have won you think nothing would have changed?  Her tweets, or spoken words didn't carry the weight trump's tweets do.  I think if trump wouldnt have won Ford would have continued on their already started 1.6 billion dollar mexico plant and Fiat wouldn't have invested the billion they are in the US

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

if hillary would have won you think nothing would have changed.  Her tweets, or spoken words didn't carry the weight trump's tweets do.  I think if trump wouldnt have won Ford would have continued on their already started 1.6 billion dollar mexico plant and Fiat wouldn't have invested the billion they are.

Guarenfuckinteed 

30 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

if hillary would have won you think nothing would have changed?  Her tweets, or spoken words didn't carry the weight trump's tweets do.  I think if trump wouldnt have won Ford would have continued on their already started 1.6 billion dollar mexico plant and Fiat wouldn't have invested the billion they are in the US

sounds like you have it all figured out. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

sounds like you have it all figured out. 

I would assume business have a couple business plans based on certain elements.  Even personal life for example.  Since Trumps election win I have curbed the urge on picking up a few more scary looking semi auto guns that I want.  Instead diverted those funds to a DIY remodel project...  Cause I will be able to buy those scary looking guns anytime I want.   If hillary would have won I would have had a few more guns in the safe that were on the ban list instead of putting money into my DIY home project cause there was going to be a big push to get rid of the scary looking guns that I want.  

You know Ram trucks in the heavy duty variety are bought in great numbers by the government.  Every forest service office has a dozen or so sitting in front of them that get changed out every 2-3 year....  My state is like 70% of government owned land and I see alot of these Mexico trucks patrolling the US Forest and Lands.  Think Fiat got nervous a little with the Trump win and his stance he has taken with the US auto industry????

Each one of these auto business had at least 2 business investment plans based on who won the nomination.  To think otherwise is just completely ignorant in the way the world works.  

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the article clearly indicates that the decision to modernize the plants had been made two to three years ago. i enjoy watching trump steeple more and more everyday. 

You try and find an argument in there and I'll just recognize it as the good news it is. Way to go Nancy 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You try and find an argument in there and I'll just recognize it as the good news it is. Way to go Nancy 

:lol:

"Trump will get credit for NOTHING!   Even if he is clearly given it!"   -Lib-tard policy.

On 1/10/2017 at 6:02 PM, Edmo said:

Frame it any way your heart desires, 2000 jobs is good news!

Not framing, it's the truth. Nothing to do with Trump. 

I know he's going to MAGA, but let's not start sucking each other's dicks before he's even inaugurated.