Check your account email address ×

The increasingly Republican pandemic

Increasingly, it's a Republican pandemic. 

The Associated Press reported last week that of the 18,000 American COVID-19 deaths in May, only 150 involved fully vaccinated people — and that "breakthrough" infections of vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of the 853,000 COVID-related hospitalizations during the month. Those low numbers suggest the pandemic death rate "could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine," the news service concluded. 

Unfortunately, there are a lot of vaccine holdouts. As David Leonhardt points out today at The New York Times, the refusers are trending Republican: The average county that voted for Donald Trump is just 34 percent vaccinated; the number is 45 percent for counties that went for Joe Biden. And unsurprisingly, the counties that have a low proportion of vaccinations have higher rates of new cases. 

It's here where you have to consider if Tucker Carlson holds the power of life and death — or, at least, good health or ill — over his nearly 3 million conservative viewers. 

The Fox News anchor won't disclose his own vaccination status. But he has used his show to make erroneous claims that COVID vaccines are killing people. He has also attacked businesses and events that limit their services to vaccinated people, claiming they are committing "medical Jim Crow." "White Republican men are dangerous, and they can sit at the back of the bus," he fumed. There are other conservative personalities who have failed to encourage vaccine use — Donald Trump has mostly been muted on the subject — but if there is an Anti-Vax Central in conservative media, Carlson's show might well be it. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/increasingly-republican-pandemic-184318917.html

Just now, Zambroski said:

Why is this a problem for Libtwatted Dems?  Let the R voters all die!  Their problem is solved!

Right?

Zee, dontcha' think the country is goin' fukkin insane??  

I mean really, the divisiveness is crazy.  

I don't see it getting better, anytime soon. 

This is serious shit. 

I don't know where it's gonna' lead, but I'm gonna buy a bunch of SPAM.   :lmao:

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

This is serious shit. 

I don't know where it's gonna' lead, but I'm gonna buy a bunch of SPAM.   :lmao:

I want war.  We are overdue.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The Associated Press reported last week that of the 18,000 American COVID-19 deaths in May, only 150 involved fully vaccinated people — and that "breakthrough" infections of vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of the 853,000 COVID-related hospitalizations during the month. Those low numbers suggest the pandemic death rate "could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine," the news service concluded. 

Unfortunately, there are a lot of vaccine holdouts. As David Leonhardt points out today at The New York Times, the refusers are trending Republican: The average county that voted for Donald Trump is just 34 percent vaccinated; the number is 45 percent for counties that went for Joe Biden. And unsurprisingly, the counties that have a low proportion of vaccinations have higher rates of new cases. 

It's here where you have to consider if Tucker Carlson holds the power of life and death — or, at least, good health or ill — over his nearly 3 million conservative viewers. 

The Fox News anchor won't disclose his own vaccination status. But he has used his show to make erroneous claims that COVID vaccines are killing people. He has also attacked businesses and events that limit their services to vaccinated people, claiming they are committing "medical Jim Crow." "White Republican men are dangerous, and they can sit at the back of the bus," he fumed. There are other conservative personalities who have failed to encourage vaccine use — Donald Trump has mostly been muted on the subject — but if there is an Anti-Vax Central in conservative media, Carlson's show might well be it. 

Good god you and your ilk really are getting pathetic . Again you got yours you think it works what do you care is any one else has what you have ? If it works it works 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Biden just said last week the largest group of unvaccinated are the African American community.  Looks like around 12% of blacks have been vaccinated..

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

Anyone know which party gets the black vote on election day??:dunno:

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Biden just said last week the largest group of unvaccinated are the African American community.  Looks like around 12% of blacks have been vaccinated..

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

Anyone know which party gets the black vote on election day??:dunno:

It's because they can't get access to government ID's.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

This is serious shit. 

Take a good look at which party is constantly pushing the divisiveness.  Elections have consequences. 

I am sorry, but stories like this are really pathetic.  This is what happens when you have people who are too ignorant and partisan, that they forget all common sense and just believe anything put in front of them. 

Out of the 18,000 they don't put in any facts about people who have already had COVID.  How many deaths are unvaccinated people that have had COVID before...DUH, probably 0.  The deaths are going down because of herd immunity, something that the OP wanted to ignore and something that this article ignores so that they can write a smear piece against their opponents.  And the Associated Press has the bias to run a story like this is another pathetic bias that needs to be pointed out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Take a good look at which party is constantly pushing the divisiveness.  Elections have consequences. 

I am sorry, but stories like this are really pathetic.  This is what happens when you have people who are too ignorant and partisan, that they forget all common sense and just believe anything put in front of them. 

Out of the 18,000 they don't put in any facts about people who have already had COVID.  How many deaths are unvaccinated people that have had COVID before...DUH, probably 0.  The deaths are going down because of herd immunity, something that the OP wanted to ignore and something that this article ignores so that they can write a smear piece against their opponents.  And the Associated Press has the bias to run a story like this is another pathetic bias that needs to be pointed out.

What is even worse is every morning you have the lap dog media coming out against any reporter or news agency that dares to question the left wing agenda.

Locally, we have politicians  wanting federal  disaster l money and studies as to why a freeway flooded after 6 inches of rain, but not a bit of concern for children being shot in their car seats riding  down the freeway. 

57 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Idiots 

71% of Blacks vote Democrat but only 12% of blacks are vaccinated..And this is a republican pandemic?? 

Sounds to me like you need to get your voters in check or they are all going to die of the Rona and stop believing what the msm feeds your uneducated ass..

It is utterly ridiculous, this is what we are talking about while the money tagged to "help" is being diverted to pet projects.  Body bags are being stacked with our most treasured and beloved citizens in every major city, and you are attacked for questioning elected officials about it?  

I’ll take these odds anyway…

The Associated Press reported last week that of the 18,000 American COVID-19 deaths in May, only 150 involved fully vaccinated people.

But yeah seems the republicans are responsible for the continued spread of the virus.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The Associated Press reported last week that of the 18,000 American COVID-19 deaths in May, only 150 involved fully vaccinated people.

But yeah seems the republicans are responsible for the continued spread of the virus.

Here it is!  Racists!  :lol: 

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The largest group of unvaccinated people are AA's.  :news:   Why no articles on that MC?  And please don't claim its because of availability.  

9627-Figure-1-6.23.21.png

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Screenshot_20210624-072249_Instagram.jpg

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The largest group of unvaccinated people are AA's.  :news:   Why no articles on that MC?  And please don't claim its because of availability.  

9627-Figure-1-6.23.21.png

Right in MC's groin!  Too bad there's nothing there but still....    :groin: