Check your account email address ×

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Every time I think you can't possibly be as stupid as your posts here make you seem, you prove me wrong.   Ever hear of "peak oil"? Look back at what gas prices were before the economic crash.

Don’t waste  your time...not only is he a moron he is also a repetitive one.🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Don’t waste  your time...not only is he a moron he is also a repetitive one.🤣

The truth hurts.  Look at the chart, Obama kept gas over 3 dollars a gallon for most of his 2 terms.  Mark my words, biden will have the same effect.

52 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The truth hurts.  Look at the chart, Obama kept gas over 3 dollars a gallon for most of his 2 terms.  Mark my words, biden will have the same effect.

I don't care as long as jts gives me ride in his boat to the edge of the planet. I'll even pop for premium gas.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:21 AM, racer254 said:

Great, Nuclear would be a great energy source for the US, but again, the US isn't building them like other less developed countries

image.png.9fc2093943d6284c49a4b54ec71cd388.png

Recent news suggests renewed hope for U.S nuclear:

The United States leads the world with more than 90 nuclear reactors, the country's top source of emissions-free power generation. Yet aging plants have been closing due to rising security costs and competition from plentiful natural gas, wind and solar power, which are becoming less pricey.

"There's a deepening understanding within the administration that it needs nuclear to meet its zero-emission goals," said a source engaged in the talks and familiar with the White House thinking.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sustainable-business/white-house-eyes-subsidies-nuclear-plants-help-meet-climate-targets-sources-2021-05-05/

16 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Gas prices top $3: What you need to know about gas shortages, Colonial Pipeline cyberattack

Brett Molina and Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY
Wed, May 12, 2021, 11:53 AM·7 min read

$3.13 for regular here now, hasn't been below $2.99 for months, diesel is now $3.39 here and of course that's what I use.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:52 AM, Plissken said:

As usual, Tony makes a glaring error in his analysis.  He doesn’t seem to realize that the prices in gas buddy’s charts aren’t adjusted for inflation. 

Taking that into consideration, the retail peak price in May, 2018 of $2.97, when adjusted for inflation is actually $3.13.  So we last saw > $3 gas during Trump’s presidency.

8E5795B4-5A5B-42ED-9AE6-F282B5558176.jpeg

On 4/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, Highmark said:

They will likely fudge the numbers but if things continue as is inflation is going to be very significant this year.   

^

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

$3.13 for regular here now, hasn't been below $2.99 for months, diesel is now $3.39 here and of course that's what I use.

My first diesel truck was an 05.   When I bought it diesel was minimum $.25 gallon less than gas.   Very few times since then has that occurred.   Lucky if its equal.  

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My first diesel truck was an 05.   When I bought it diesel was minimum $.25 gallon less than gas.   Very few times since then has that occurred.   Lucky if its equal.  

It was equal today.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

My first was a Mercedes 300 SD it was always .05 to 10 cents cheaper, then I bought a CTD in 05 and regular has always been cheaper by a long shot. When reg. gas was 299 diesel was 3.34 then 3.27, reg. just went up .02 since this morning diesel is still 3.39 what a bargain.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:52 AM, Plissken said:

As usual, Tony makes a glaring error in his analysis.  He doesn’t seem to realize that the prices in gas buddy’s charts aren’t adjusted for inflation. 

Taking that into consideration, the retail peak price in May, 2018 of $2.97, when adjusted for inflation is actually $3.13.  So we last saw > $3 gas during Trump’s presidency.

8E5795B4-5A5B-42ED-9AE6-F282B5558176.jpeg

Fail 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:10 AM, Plissken said:

Recent news suggests renewed hope for U.S nuclear:

The United States leads the world with more than 90 nuclear reactors, the country's top source of emissions-free power generation. Yet aging plants have been closing due to rising security costs and competition from plentiful natural gas, wind and solar power, which are becoming less pricey.

"There's a deepening understanding within the administration that it needs nuclear to meet its zero-emission goals," said a source engaged in the talks and familiar with the White House thinking.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sustainable-business/white-house-eyes-subsidies-nuclear-plants-help-meet-climate-targets-sources-2021-05-05/

The newest rector the US has is in TN and it was put in service in 16 . The next newest is also on TN and it went on line in 96 . Just pathetic 

Waiting for the Biden dick suckers to chime in with some charts and graphs of how increasing energy prices are just because of some alternative reality normalization and has nothing to do with their chosen candidates policies and ineptitude.

I see one shit for brains has already added his best attempt at deflection through total ignorance.  Yes, that's you MC.  AFJ should be along soon to tell us all how beneficial it is foe all of us to pay more for gas and how great a job his favorite pedophile is doing. 

• Like 2

10 year wholesale gasoline prices below.  Prices have skyrocked recently but they aren't anything we haven't seen going back a couple years ago.  The real question is how high will they go this year?

Oil is back to the mid $60s per barrel.  This means domestic producers are going to ramp up again and hopefully hold prices from going up much further.

image.thumb.png.c6c1d49abf8508b0b869c3d6c1d6c2cb.png

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

Waiting for the Biden dick suckers to chime in with some charts and graphs of how increasing energy prices are just because of some alternative reality normalization and has nothing to do with their chosen candidates policies and ineptitude.

I see one shit for brains has already added his best attempt at deflection through total ignorance.  Yes, that's you MC.  AFJ should be along soon to tell us all how beneficial it is foe all of us to pay more for gas and how great a job his favorite pedophile is doing. 

What a fucking retard.🤣

385DC110-24E0-44AF-9ABB-6852A7A7AFFD.gif.de0b8cdfb6e931899a8fbdb2e24f1617.gif

25 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

10 year wholesale gasoline prices below.  Prices have skyrocked recently but they aren't anything we haven't seen going back a couple years ago.  The real question is how high will they go this year?

Oil is back to the mid $60s per barrel.  This means domestic producers are going to ramp up again and hopefully hold prices from going up much further.

you mean this all of a sudden didn't just happen under Joe.  Tell me it isn't so.  

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Going back 10 years?  FFS that is the problem.  Obama's policies kept gas high, and they only dropped for the 2016 ELECTION.  Now Biden is in promoting those same policies and magically they are back up.  That is not normalization, it is an extention of the policies put in place by biden democrats.  When you put the same fucking people back in that were under obama the same shit happens. 

20 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Going back 10 years?  FFS that is the problem.  Obama's policies kept gas high, and they only dropped for the 2016 ELECTION.  Now Biden is in promoting those same policies and magically they are back up.  That is not normalization, it is an extention of the policies put in place by biden democrats.  When you put the same fucking people back in that were under obama the same shit happens. 

Prices dropped well before the 2016 election based on domestic producers being able to fill the demand once produced by OPEC and Russia.  Prices crashed when people like the Saudis needed to continue production to fund their regimes. 

Domestic production decreased and exploration crashed during covid.  It will take suppliers awhile to scramble and catch up on production.  The EIA predicts crude prices stay in the $60s through 2022.  I think prices may go into the $70s this summer before coming back down this fall.

image.thumb.png.b87e9cad49ef8ed600a702df7c8e2624.png

The number of active U.S. crude oil and natural gas rigs is at the lowest  point on record - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration  (EIA)

Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Prices dropped well before the 2016 election based on domestic producers being able to fill the demand once produced by OPEC and Russia.  Prices crashed when people like the Saudis needed to continue production to fund their regimes. 

Domestic production decreased and exploration crashed during covid.  It will take suppliers awhile to scramble and catch up on production.  The EIA predicts crude prices stay in the $60s through 2022.  I think prices may go into the $70s this summer before coming back down this fall.

Yes, we started to become more energy independent again, not hard to see what happened, though we may not agree on the cause.  If you are correct, then the prices of gas will drop again.