Check your account email address ×

Rolling coal under attack

For a "automotive" website...

EZ Lynk has one of the most popular and easy-to-use devices on the market, so if you've seen an F-150 or similar deliberately "rolling coal," then it was likely programmed to do so using EZ Lynk hardware.

• Haha 1

I dont know why any one still buys oil burners the oem runed them . They don't last any longer than a gaser if even as long  they don't get good mpg any more they cost a ton in maint . Most guys I know with small fleets of 3500s are buying gas trucks now all sick of the bullshit 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I dont know why any one still buys oil burners the oem runed them . They don't last any longer than a gaser if even as long  they don't get good mpg any more they cost a ton in maint . Most guys I know with small fleets of 3500s are buying gas trucks now all sick of the bullshit 

That was the case a few years ago but I know several business owners who have gone back to diesels for heavy hauling. The latest versions from the big 3 have been much better on fuel and the reliability has gotten better.

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

X2

if you don’t need the power of the diesel don’t buy one. Unless you just want it. But you’re not going to save money 

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

That was the case a few years ago but I know several business owners who have gone back to diesels for heavy hauling. The latest versions from the big 3 have been much better on fuel and the reliability has gotten better.

Yeah so they say . Think most of my buds are totally over it after yrs of getting ass plowed by shity overpriced at every turn oil burners . 

Just now, ACE said:

X2

if you don’t need the power of the diesel don’t buy one. Unless you just want it. But you’re not going to save money 

The only real advantage is a lot of towing , or a lot of snowplowing. That being said my 2015 6.7 milage is horrible compared to the 06 6.0 I had

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

X2

Unless you are going big trucks like f650 and up not worth it any more nor has it been for a decade 

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The only real advantage is a lot of towing , or a lot of snowplowing. That being said my 2015 6.7 milage is horrible compared to the 06 6.0 I had

The 6.0 what a fucking pile lucky you dumped that time bomb . And can't believe you got decent mpg with it . Towing exact same 22ft trailer with 3 sleds and gear for 20 hrs each way my buds 6.0 oil burner got a whopping 1 mpg better than my little 5.0 rolling 75 to 80 the whole way . Oh and I still have the 11 5.0 with over 180k and that 10 f350 with a 6.0 in in a scrap yard after it's 2nd motor blew in under 150k . 

Edited by Ez ryder

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Anything with a DPF unnecessarily burns a lot of extra fuel. Deleting my 15 dmax made it noticeably better 

I have 2 buddy's driving 2018 Cummins 6.7's and they say they are way better on fuel than the 2015's they had.  Neither one has been back to the dealer either. My one buddy said his '15 was going for service every 4 months, always some sensor or some bullshit. That's why he traded for the '18.

I have 3 Ford 6.2 gassers now myself and my old '07 6.0. That 6.0 will die with me. Best truck I've ever owned.