Check your account email address ×

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

One of the best ever. 

Former boxer Marvelous Marvin Hagler has passed away. He was 66. 

An official cause of death has not been announced yet. He passed away in New Hampshire. 

“I am sorry to make a very sad announcement,” his wife Kay G. Hagler said in a Facebook post on Marvelous Marvin Hagler Fan Club page. “Today unfortunately my beloved husband Marvelous Marvin passed away unexpectedly at his home here in New Hampshire. Our family requests that you respect our privacy during this difficult time.” 

In his boxing career, Hagler went 62-3-2 with 52 knockouts. He competed in the sport from 1973 through 1987. 

Edited by Mainecat
  • Sad 1

Our country is demented. We glorify these sports people. Floyd Mayweather is worth like 400 million dollars. 

I think medical people should be held in higher esteem, than these muscle heads. 

All these sports guys make way too much for what they do, and who they are. 

But that's America. 

Even our politics are fucked up. 

Insane fukkin country.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

He got the jab 2 weeks ago...

This is the second thread you mentioned this in...why don’t you just say you think the vaccine  killed him for FFS. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is the second thread you mentioned this in...why don’t you just say you think the vaccine  killed him for FFS. 

Because MC will ignore.

I'm not sure at this time what happened yet & just wanted to bring it up. I don't like going off half cocked like you do & look like a fool...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Because MC will ignore.

I'm not sure at this time what happened yet & just wanted to bring it up. I don't like going off half cocked like you do & look like a fool...

Oh...you’re not sure but you keep mentioning it...in other words you believe that’s what killed him but this way you can weasel out or claim you were right all along...idiot.😂

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I better not get my second shot then eh?

It's a tough one for seniors imo. Big pharma & politics has blocked the effective treatments for covid. So do you battle the covid - or risk the not fda approved vax? No good answer tbh...

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh...you’re not sure but you keep mentioning it...in other words you believe that’s what killed him but this way you can weasel out or claim you were right all along...idiot.😂

You must have ate a bowl of stupid for breakfast yet again. Read what I wrote again. Try it slowly this time...

We didn’t have fake news until Trump was in office. His PS called it alternative facts.

It got so bad Republicans still believe they won the election.....even many here.

But yeah Hagler probably died of the Covid shot or maybe he was depressed Mr. Potato head is a transsexual or Dr. Seuss was a racist.

Maybe he ordered a pizza from Hillary Pizza?

• Haha 1

Hearns posted to his verified Instagram account on Saturday and asked his followers to pray for Hagler, who he called “the king,” and his family.

“He’s in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine!” Hearns claimed in the post.

Hearns assured his followers that Hagler will “be just fine but we could use the positive energy and Prayer for his Full Recovery !”

It was unclear whether the Facebook status update from Hagler’s wife came before or after Hearns’ Instagram post.

On 3/13/2021 at 8:32 PM, J. Jackson said:

One of the baddest of the bad. The glory days of the middleweight class with him, Sugar Ray, Hitman Hearns and many more. RIP M-M!

Some of the best fights I've ever seen were during those times.   No question the glory days of the sport. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:25 AM, Mainecat said:

We didn’t have fake news until Trump was in office. His PS called it alternative facts.

It got so bad Republicans still believe they won the election.....even many here.

But yeah Hagler probably died of the Covid shot or maybe he was depressed Mr. Potato head is a transsexual or Dr. Seuss was a racist.

Maybe he ordered a pizza from Hillary Pizza?

SMH

I think the amazing thing about those classes was some tough chin's and nobody powerful enough to make quick knockouts so many fights went the distance or close to it.