Check your account email address ×

Lynx imo

Rod

Put aboot 130 miles on so far and I have some thoughts.

A lot people say it’s “like an XRS on steroids” wrong!

across a wind blown lake or choppy trails it’s like riding on a pillow. It feels so unique hitting solid drifts you almost aim for them. You can catch air and it’s like landing on kittens 

but it’s not a snowcross sled at all, and it comes with some minor trade offs. I had to stiffen the compression on the front shocks all the way to keep it’s from handling like a kayak. But once i got it dialed it was acceptable. Probably just fine for most people.  If you treat it like a cat RR through big whoops you can and will bottom it out, but it will be smoother than the RR until you reach that point, where the RR will just start handling better and better. But we’re talking about aggressive levels of riding that most won’t reach 

the weight transfer is incredibly beautiful, predictable and linear. 

aggressive cornering is probably acceptable for most fatsos. But it’s simply not as good as a cat or winder. Noticeably more unpredictable 

it’s an 850 so motor is nice. Smoother idling that the cat. Nice mid range, but see no noticeable difference in total power or throttle response. Fuel economy I’d say is slightly better than the 800 cat or 900T but it’s not as good as a Winder. Lynx would edge out buddies 800 assault most times in a race. And assaults handle like shit 

brake system—- I thought it was maybe just me so I never said anything, but then after Winder buddy tried the lynx he brought it up. The BRP brake is simply not as good as the cat. It takes noticeably more input effort to reach the same level of braking force. Not a deal breaker at all but coming off a cat it’s certainly noticeable. 

spent some time on the Winder again because Winder buddy wanted to try the lynx.  Just a really good all around high zoot 4 stroke with very nice all around trail characteristics on groomed trail.  After the first few trail miles Winder buddy said he didn’t see the point of the lynx, so I told him let’s both fly across the lake and back. The difference across a rough lake between the winder and lynx is night and day with winder feeling like a lead sled in comparison. But on twisty groomed trails the Winder is definitely nicer. 

jumped on a 900T renegade for 10-15 miles. What a stupid piece of shit as a sled compared to the lynx and winder. Jesus fucking Christ. 

C38EC989-172A-4085-9EF2-D3E285531409.jpeg

C6F344B0-01A8-4868-82A2-98E39351A62D.jpeg

B7D0E0F6-8C48-4B80-8365-34E93D7F4E74.jpeg

F5A6D158-34E7-445B-843F-7AC6E3D6B2B4.jpeg

4A3DFC60-8044-4EA8-B9A2-9D6DD53350DB.png

290E0621-1AE6-4800-8401-0E92EDA7DBD3.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

So I guess if you ride a lot of whooped out trail or simply off groomed trail it’s worth a serious look at.  

Do you think with some more time setting the sled up, maybe even some changes to the valving it would get better.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Do you think with some more time setting the sled up, maybe even some changes to the valving it would get better.

I’m sure a guy could get it better but between my RR and the lynx they’re simply two different sleds for a different purpose. The RR will never ride like the lynx and the lynx will never handle like the RR. 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

I’m sure a guy could get it better but between my RR and the lynx they’re simply two different sleds for a different purpose. The RR will never ride like the lynx and the lynx will never handle like the RR. 

That's sort of what I feel, no sled can do everything better pick your sweet spot.

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I bought the best sled on snow.  Dang is it nice.

4C3A1D76-722F-4A4D-BA3D-E12F1F3FDE7F.png

Beauty!!! and an added bonus is it's faster than an 800 Cat RR !!!!!  Just excellence right there!!!

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Beauty!!! and an added bonus is it's faster than an 800 Cat RR !!!!!  Just excellence right there!!!

My 2010 Nitro is faster then a Cat 800. I’m also a very skilled rider. Very photogenic as well.

0DC8DD0C-62AB-42B5-AADF-1550958BD702.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I bought the best sled on snow.  Dang is it nice.

4C3A1D76-722F-4A4D-BA3D-E12F1F3FDE7F.png

My bud got the vr1650 . 136? Or 137?  this yr has almost 4k on it now . Tossed a stud in to the cooler last week . Other than that no non maint issues . And he is one who usualy pops at least 1 motor a season. He is saying it is nice he likes it keeping it one more season cuz he keeps most 2 seasons.  but snocheck another 850 this yr  replacing the old 850 on its 3rd motor and will prob replace the 650 with a 850 next snocheck . 

It is imho a great bottom end and mid range in to upper midrange ride . Only time I wished it had more was the few times I wanted to get the skis up  at higher speed . But that is really nit picky .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

My bud got the vr1650 . 136? Or 137?  this yr has almost 4k on it now . Tossed a stud in to the cooler last week . Other than that no non maint issues . And he is one who usualy pops at least 1 motor a season. He is saying it is nice he likes it keeping it one more season cuz he keeps most 2 seasons.  but snocheck another 850 this yr  replacing the old 850 on its 3rd motor and will prob replace the 650 with a 850 next snocheck . 

It is imho a great bottom end and mid range in to upper midrange ride . Only time I wished it had more was the few times I wanted to get the skis up  at higher speed . But that is really nit picky .

I bought it for the mid range. That’s the power band I’m in most of the time. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I bought it for the mid range. That’s the power band I’m in most of the time. 

Bad ass mang!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ACE said:

Put aboot 130 miles on so far and I have some thoughts.

A lot people say it’s “like an XRS on steroids” wrong!

across a wind blown lake or choppy trails it’s like riding on a pillow. It feels so unique hitting solid drifts you almost aim for them. You can catch air and it’s like landing on kittens 

but it’s not a snowcross sled at all, and it comes with some minor trade offs. I had to stiffen the compression on the front shocks all the way to keep it’s from handling like a kayak. But once i got it dialed it was acceptable. Probably just fine for most people.  If you treat it like a cat RR through big whoops you can and will bottom it out, but it will be smoother than the RR until you reach that point, where the RR will just start handling better and better. But we’re talking about aggressive levels of riding that most won’t reach 

the weight transfer is incredibly beautiful, predictable and linear. 

aggressive cornering is probably acceptable for most fatsos. But it’s simply not as good as a cat or winder. Noticeably more unpredictable 

it’s an 850 so motor is nice. Smoother idling that the cat. Nice mid range, but see no noticeable difference in total power or throttle response. Fuel economy I’d say is slightly better than the 800 cat or 900T but it’s not as good as a Winder. Lynx would edge out buddies 800 assault most times in a race. And assaults handle like shit 

brake system—- I thought it was maybe just me so I never said anything, but then after Winder buddy tried the lynx he brought it up. The BRP brake is simply not as good as the cat. It takes noticeably more input effort to reach the same level of braking force. Not a deal breaker at all but coming off a cat it’s certainly noticeable. 

spent some time on the Winder again because Winder buddy wanted to try the lynx.  Just a really good all around high zoot 4 stroke with very nice all around trail characteristics on groomed trail.  After the first few trail miles Winder buddy said he didn’t see the point of the lynx, so I told him let’s both fly across the lake and back. The difference across a rough lake between the winder and lynx is night and day with winder feeling like a lead sled in comparison. But on twisty groomed trails the Winder is definitely nicer. 

jumped on a 900T renegade for 10-15 miles. What a stupid piece of shit as a sled compared to the lynx and winder. Jesus fucking Christ. 

C38EC989-172A-4085-9EF2-D3E285531409.jpeg

C6F344B0-01A8-4868-82A2-98E39351A62D.jpeg

B7D0E0F6-8C48-4B80-8365-34E93D7F4E74.jpeg

F5A6D158-34E7-445B-843F-7AC6E3D6B2B4.jpeg

4A3DFC60-8044-4EA8-B9A2-9D6DD53350DB.png

290E0621-1AE6-4800-8401-0E92EDA7DBD3.jpeg

Fuck bro. Incredibly racist