Check your account email address ×

Lynx imo

Rod

On 3/13/2021 at 8:36 AM, ACE said:

Put aboot 130 miles on so far and I have some thoughts.

A lot people say it’s “like an XRS on steroids” wrong!

across a wind blown lake or choppy trails it’s like riding on a pillow. It feels so unique hitting solid drifts you almost aim for them. You can catch air and it’s like landing on kittens 

but it’s not a snowcross sled at all, and it comes with some minor trade offs. I had to stiffen the compression on the front shocks all the way to keep it’s from handling like a kayak. But once i got it dialed it was acceptable. Probably just fine for most people.  If you treat it like a cat RR through big whoops you can and will bottom it out, but it will be smoother than the RR until you reach that point, where the RR will just start handling better and better. But we’re talking about aggressive levels of riding that most won’t reach 

the weight transfer is incredibly beautiful, predictable and linear. 

aggressive cornering is probably acceptable for most fatsos. But it’s simply not as good as a cat or winder. Noticeably more unpredictable 

it’s an 850 so motor is nice. Smoother idling that the cat. Nice mid range, but see no noticeable difference in total power or throttle response. Fuel economy I’d say is slightly better than the 800 cat or 900T but it’s not as good as a Winder. Lynx would edge out buddies 800 assault most times in a race. And assaults handle like shit 

brake system—- I thought it was maybe just me so I never said anything, but then after Winder buddy tried the lynx he brought it up. The BRP brake is simply not as good as the cat. It takes noticeably more input effort to reach the same level of braking force. Not a deal breaker at all but coming off a cat it’s certainly noticeable. 

spent some time on the Winder again because Winder buddy wanted to try the lynx.  Just a really good all around high zoot 4 stroke with very nice all around trail characteristics on groomed trail.  After the first few trail miles Winder buddy said he didn’t see the point of the lynx, so I told him let’s both fly across the lake and back. The difference across a rough lake between the winder and lynx is night and day with winder feeling like a lead sled in comparison. But on twisty groomed trails the Winder is definitely nicer. 

jumped on a 900T renegade for 10-15 miles. What a stupid piece of shit as a sled compared to the lynx and winder. Jesus fucking Christ. 

C38EC989-172A-4085-9EF2-D3E285531409.jpeg

C6F344B0-01A8-4868-82A2-98E39351A62D.jpeg

B7D0E0F6-8C48-4B80-8365-34E93D7F4E74.jpeg

F5A6D158-34E7-445B-843F-7AC6E3D6B2B4.jpeg

4A3DFC60-8044-4EA8-B9A2-9D6DD53350DB.png

290E0621-1AE6-4800-8401-0E92EDA7DBD3.jpeg

I road one as well. If you like to high speed corner to Corner ride it’s not for you. If your tall the panels bash your legs. They are almost 2 inches further back then the doo panels 

Just now, jtssrx said:

I road one as well. If you like to high speed corner to Corner ride it’s not for you. If your tall the panels bash your legs. They are almost 2 inches further back then the doo panels 

Yeah that never bothered me. But buddy who’s 6’2 was complaining about it yesterday when he was riding it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah that never bothered me. But buddy who’s 6’2 was complaining about it yesterday when he was riding it 

I think it’s sweet. But it’s not my cup of tea. The shock package is sick

42 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Good to know.  Its about the only thing I dont like about the G4 chassis.  I ride with my knees out wide of the cowl as it is, and im only around 6’. Ive only sat on on a Lynx, but I did like the firm seat. 

Edited by DriftBusta

On 3/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, DriftBusta said:

Good to know.  Its about the only thing I dont like about the G4 chassis.  I ride with my knees out wide of the cowl as it is, and im only around 6’. Ive only sat on on a Lynx, but I did like the firm seat. 

I have been searching for the part number for the lynx seat and foam but have not found it.  raising the hips a couple inches makes a huge difference whether by making the seat harder or higher or both like the lynx.  might go seat concepts

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I have been searching for the part number for the lynx seat and foam but have not found it.  raising the hips a couple inches makes a huge difference whether by making the seat harder or higher or both like the lynx.  might go seat concepts

When I sat on the Lynx the seat didn't really feel that much taller than my X-RS. I think the XRS seat might be taller than the Lynx seat with no rider on the sled so even though it's softer your ass ends up at about the same height when you sit down on both sleds.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I don’t believe lynx parts are in the system yet 

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

When I sat on the Lynx the seat didn't really feel that much taller than my X-RS. I think the XRS seat might be taller than the Lynx seat with no rider on the sled so even though it's softer your ass ends up at about the same height when you sit down on both sleds.

the current xrs seat is way too soft.  when i bought my 16 i replaced it with an older firmer XRS seat from before they watered it down.  I may see if a local motorcycle seat guy can add some stiffer foam if i can't get the hard lynx seat.  I like a hard narrow seat even on a long day.  I put 300 miles many times on a hard XRS seat.  Otherwise a seat concepts seat might be in the mix.  the polaris seat on my pro s is far better IMO

19 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

the current xrs seat is way too soft.  when i bought my 16 i replaced it with an older firmer XRS seat from before they watered it down.  I may see if a local motorcycle seat guy can add some stiffer foam if i can't get the hard lynx seat.  I like a hard narrow seat even on a long day.  I put 300 miles many times on a hard XRS seat.  Otherwise a seat concepts seat might be in the mix.  the polaris seat on my pro s is far better IMO

Personally I like the feel of a stiffer seat too, just wanted to throw it out there that the Lynx seat doesn't really feel taller than the XRS seat when you're sitting on it.

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Personally I like the feel of a stiffer seat too, just wanted to throw it out there that the Lynx seat doesn't really feel taller than the XRS seat when you're sitting on it.

i thought it felt a bit higher and far firmer when i sat on it.