Check your account email address ×

$86 Billion

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m fine with keeping pensions afloat. Take the entire military budget and use it for retirements of all kinds

RON PAUL!

To be God's honest truthful with you Bhen, for the first time in my life I do not advocate for young men or women to go into the military.

Edited by Snake

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

RON PAUL!

To be God's honest truthful with you Bhen, for the first time in my life I do not advocate for young men or women to go into the military.

Ive also come around to that way of thinking.  If someone attacks us, use our fucking drones.

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

RON PAUL!

Welcome to the Club. Why anyone would want to subject themselves to be enlisted into what’s become a shameful disservice to our nation and constitution is beyond me.

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member

Why do Federal employee's deserve $21K in "home schooling expenses" yet the average American just gets the stimulus.   This is why even FDR realized public sector unions are bad.   The same side negotiating with itself.   Bet the fed employee's got all the stimulus checks as well. 

52 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Welcome to the Club. Why anyone would want to subject themselves to be enlisted into what’s become a shameful disservice to our nation and constitution is beyond me.

Its a mercenary army, its not national defense

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Mine went up by $45,000 in 1 year.

Your pension? We have a bunch of them around here that are failing bad. Ours and the electricians are still good. But I have heard that the Operators and the teamsters are not good

Just now, Anler said:

Your pension? We have a bunch of them around here that are failing bad. Ours and the electricians are still good. But I have heard that the Operators and the teamsters are not good

Yes, I have 2 Pension funds, the 1 increased by $45k and the other by a few 100 only.

Our Edward Jones investments has gone up quite a bit too.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sorry but "Wall Street" isn't the reason pensions fail.   If that was the case all of them would be failing and there are plenty doing just fine.   Poor management, under funding and over promising is the most common reasons. 

Lots of public pensions where pay is based off the last so long they were employed.   Poor planning allows workers to massively build up time towards retirement which guarantee's them obscene payments all the way till death.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yes, I have 2 Pension funds, the 1 increased by $45k and the other by a few 100 only.

Our Edward Jones investments has gone up quite a bit too.

Private accounts are not a pension fund. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Sorry but "Wall Street" isn't the reason pensions fail.   If that was the case all of them would be failing and there are plenty doing just fine.   Poor management, under funding and over promising is the most common reasons. 

There is no "poor management" it is theft. Ive seen this movie a bunch of times now. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Private accounts are not a pension fund. 

I know that, I simply mentioned the Edward Jones one which is my wifes, my Pensions are from places I worked at, and they are called Pensions from there as it's stated on each months statement. The large one is privately managed.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I know that, I simply mentioned the Edward Jones, my Pensions are from places I worked at, and they are called Pensions from there as it's stated on each months statement. The large one is privately managed.

Also it sounds like you have an annuity and not a pension on the one that went up $45k.