Check your account email address ×

136 vs 146

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I'll go off trail and play in a field or something, but it's not like I'm spending hours off trail. My 137 is fine for 2-3 foot of snow in field to mess around in for 20-30 minutes that I do that..

My 129" does shockingly well just fucking around in a couple feet of powder on the Hill, last season I found out 4' is the limit though, I was doing maybe 10mph wide open downhill :lol: 

Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Ok, make sense then,  XRS are coupled.. which do you rather to have ?  XRS or Lynx ?

I currently ride an XRS, but I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the Lynx personally. I like a light front end and I don't mind putting in some work to corner in the tighter stuff.

• Like 1

just got my quotes back,  480 more for the 146 over the 137.   Even with stupid MSRP prices i guess this isn't that bad,  it's 800 more than my 16 renegade xrs was for the Vr1 137.   the renegade xrs today was $20 more but comes with 1 year less warranty and a mapping gauge that has no maine maps.  plus $150 for a medium windshield.  

Are the extensions from TracksUSA still available as tipped rails like his 121-144 ones were back in the day?  If so, best of both worlds might be buy a 137 and stretch it to 146 with one of his kits.  Coupled 146 with tipped rails would be the ultimate trail-leaning crossover.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Kivalo said:

I think I'm leaning toward the XCR with 136 x 1.5 track. Gotta talk about warranty with my dealt later today.

I thought the XCR only came with an Ice RIpper or a Cobra, the 1.5" Storm is only on the VR1 because of the different track pitch if I remember correctly.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I think I'm leaning toward the XCR with 136 x 1.5 track. Gotta talk about warranty with my dealt later today.

What dealer do you go to?? I picked mine up at Excell's

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I thought the XCR only came with an Ice RIpper or a Cobra, the 1.5" Storm is only on the VR1 because of the different track pitch if I remember correctly.

To be honest you might be right. I'll let you know what the dealer says.

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What dealer do you go to?? I picked mine up at Excell's

I'll go to Bibbens, I used to work there.

38 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

yup,  no idea why they are putting the 136 on just 1 sled.  in pretty much the entire industry.   

19 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

To be honest you might be right. I'll let you know what the dealer says.

I'll go to Bibbens, I used to work there.

Great place!! That's where my riding buddy goes..They are real good people there..

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Great place!! That's where my riding buddy goes..They are real good people there..

Yep, Bill and Linda are great people to work for. Every night when the sign got turned off the Blue Lights got handed out to those of use working late! :lol:

Also Linda used to make huge meals for her family so she could bring left overs to the shop so the employees had lunch if we wanted it. 

One time I was riding up north on my day off and my rear axel broke. I called in to the shop to ask if they had any tricks to get me through the day. Bill says to me to me go get breakfast at the Gristmill and he'll see me in a hour. Well an hour later he shows up with one of the used trade-in models and takes mine home with him. I got back to work the next day and my sled was fixed and ready to go.

Great people! :bc:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yep, Bill and Linda are great people to work for. Every night when the sign got turned off the Blue Lights got handed out to those of use working late! :lol:

Also Linda used to make huge meals for her family so she could bring left overs to the shop so the employees had lunch if we wanted it. 

One time I was riding up north on my day off and my rear axel broke. I called in to the shop to ask if they had any tricks to get me through the day. Bill says to me to me go get breakfast at the Gristmill and he'll see me in a hour. Well an hour later he shows up with one of the used trade-in models and takes mine home with him. I got back to work the next day and my sled was fixed and ready to go.

Great people! :bc:

That's awesome!

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

According to the website you are correct. 1.6 Cobra track is the bigger lug track available. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

just got my quotes back,  480 more for the 146 over the 137.   Even with stupid MSRP prices i guess this isn't that bad,  it's 800 more than my 16 renegade xrs was for the Vr1 137.   the renegade xrs today was $20 more but comes with 1 year less warranty and a mapping gauge that has no maine maps.  plus $150 for a medium windshield.  

Do you mind posting  your quote for the Assault 146? I got one today for an 850 146 with a 1.6, Electric Start , Color upgrade, skid plate...including tax it’s

16,900 OTD. 

I also got 850 off the top as I bought my SBA from them...think the quote is pretty high.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Do you mind posting  your quote for the Assault 146? I got one today for an 850 146 with a 1.6, Electric Start , Color upgrade, skid plate...including tax it’s  

16,900 OTD. 

Ho Lee Chit! That's some coin right there!

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Ho Lee Chit! That's some coin right there!

I just got some quotes from another nearby dealer that are much better...my dealer is almost 1000 bucks higher...SMH

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I just got some quotes from another nearby dealer that are much better...my dealer is almost 1000 bucks higher...SMH

That stinks, loyal to a dealer and he highballs you

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Does this mean you will have to update your enclosed trailer as well ?

Probably. My brother and I have been talking about a new enclosed trailer for use as a toy hauler and general utility. Honestly I hadn't considered that it would be needed (just wanted) until just now. :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Oh and I just pulled the trigger on a 2022 XCR 650 with the 136 iceripper.  :bc:

1614885756120-productstill.png

1614885765091-productstill.png

Bad ass!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Oh and I just pulled the trigger on a 2022 XCR 650 with the 136 iceripper.  :bc:

1614885756120-productstill.png

1614885765091-productstill.png

Hell yeah...that’s the same one I built...that baby is going to rip!🇺🇸👊🏻

• Like 1

That’s a bad ass sled bigdums....I’m sure whatever chick or child you bought it for will be more than pleased with the 650 power for their first season of riding!!!  

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That’s a bad ass sled bigdums....I’m sure whatever chick or child you bought it for will be more than pleased with the 650 power for their first season of riding!!!  

I bet it floats better than Don's Phazer. :news:

• Haha 3