Check your account email address ×

How many of you are now excluded?

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Did Trump try and balance the budget :lol: 

I didn't say he did everything. I said he tried that's more than most. I mean fuck Biden flat out told everyone if they voted for him they'd get a 2000.00 check. No one is getting 2000.00 and they people that are getting the 1400 keeps shrinking so the democrats can put money into every pet project.

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

I didn’t even break 100 ....the mines up here are a joke. I haven’t made leas than 100 since 2010

that sucks.  i had that kind of wakeup call in 2011-2014 when i went to making 1/4-1/3 of what i had for more than a decade.   Made decent money the last 5-6 years but just finally got back over 2009 numbers in 2020 but still not back to 2000-2008 numbers.  I was actually the only one in the office though that did not have their best year ever in 2020.  I just don't want to manage a team of 20 anymore so i'll be happy where i am at with 6-8 people for another 10 years.  

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

This is about Universal Basic Income and it’s here to stay

I think you might be right. 

UBI might be a better way to handle this instead of food stamps and other forms of welfare. Problem is, we know the Democrats just want to add UBI on top, not change anything else that's existing. 

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

No one should get shit!!!!!    They have all made bad decisions if they can’t go a year with no income.   :lol:

well TBH if they are giving people who mad bad decisions money they should give those of us who made good decision money as well.  My kids are still taking student loans just because Biden might forgive them and thats putting 25k back in my pocket.  

39 minutes ago, old indy said:

Based on earnings for 2020 im eligible.   As long as that tiTay is pouring milk i will lap it up.  :junk:

based on 19 earnings I am eligible,  i was not in 20 so i am waiting to file tax returns to not screw anything up  

IMO 150-160 is pretty fair to still give something.   thats putting gross in the 175 range once you account for 401k and med insurance paid for and is certainly not living large in high cost areas.  hell 2 kids fresh out of college with a decent major aare making 100-120k in this area.  

We never reward those who make good decisions.   Just the opposite.  
I can’t speak for every State, but here bad decisions were made for you.   A lot of hard working people are now in a bad place due to one woman’s thirst for power and incompetence. Who’s misfortune will be used to reward those who are undeserving.   

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

well TBH if they are giving people who mad bad decisions money they should give those of us who made good decision money as well.  My kids are still taking student loans just because Biden might forgive them and thats putting 25k back in my pocket.  

based on 19 earnings I am eligible,  i was not in 20 so i am waiting to file tax returns to not screw anything up  

IMO 150-160 is pretty fair to still give something.   thats putting gross in the 175 range once you account for 401k and med insurance paid for and is certainly not living large in high cost areas.  hell 2 kids fresh out of college with a decent major aare making 100-120k in this area.  

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

I think you might be right. 

UBI might be a better way to handle this instead of food stamps and other forms of welfare. Problem is, we know the Democrats just want to add UBI on top, not change anything else that's existing. 

I think they should make tie ubi to the Fed poverty rates and anyone making less than like 400k should get it. Don’t deincentivize people from working by phasing it out early

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I think they should make tie ubi to the Fed poverty rates and anyone making less than like 400k should get it. Don’t deincentivize people from working by phasing it out early

So 99% of the adult population?

Give them how much per month?

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Businesses  get relief if they make bad decisions.

• Gold Member

2020 was epic in my household.  2021 is shaping up to be stellar year already.  The raise my union negotiated on my behalf is my best raise ever this year.  I think the only raise that will beat this year is when they raise the fed minimum wage and the negiotating power we will acquire from that raise will be something very special.

Edited by BOHICA

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Businesses  get relief if they make bad decisions.

as do people.  no one rewards those that don't fuck up.   i've been a saver all my life,  just happy for once i made just under the guideline to get some free candy,  esp where my 20202 income wiped out all the other deductions i would get

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

2020 was epic in my household.  2021 is shaping up to be stellar year already.  The raise my union negotiated on my behalf is my best raise ever this year.  I think the only raise that will beat this year is when they raise the fed minimum wage and the negiotating power we will acquire from that raise will be something very special.

IBEW does have some good compensation/benefits! Many unions seems to be going backwards, glad it is working out for you. 

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

IBEW does have some good compensation/benefits! Many unions seems to be going backwards, glad it is working out for you. 

I remember you had interest in it but got dealt a shit hand.  How ya doing?

On 3/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, Angry ginger said:

that sucks.  i had that kind of wakeup call in 2011-2014 when i went to making 1/4-1/3 of what i had for more than a decade.   Made decent money the last 5-6 years but just finally got back over 2009 numbers in 2020 but still not back to 2000-2008 numbers.  I was actually the only one in the office though that did not have their best year ever in 2020.  I just don't want to manage a team of 20 anymore so i'll be happy where i am at with 6-8 people for another 10 years.  

Thought you slung morgages? Guys I know killed it in 19and20 both 

On 3/4/2021 at 9:58 AM, jtssrx said:

I didn't say he did everything. I said he tried that's more than most. I mean fuck Biden flat out told everyone if they voted for him they'd get a 2000.00 check. No one is getting 2000.00 and they people that are getting the 1400 keeps shrinking so the democrats can put money into every pet project.

Trump out spent 8 years of Obama in 4 years. And increased military spending while bragging about not starting any new wars. 

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Trump out spent 8 years of Obama in 4 years. And increased military spending while bragging about not starting any new wars. 

That statement is false. The national debt was 20 trillion when Trump took office. It was 9 trilllion when obama took office. It’s 28 trillion now and it would be around 24 or less than that if not for covid. I agree Trump spent to much but dont lie about the amount 

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

That statement is false. The national debt was 20 trillion when Trump took office. It was 9 trilllion when obama took office. It’s 28 trillion now and it would be around 24 or less than that if not for covid. I agree Trump spent to much but dont lie about the amount 

Well what would it be had Obama not inherited an economy at the peak of collapse? Your comparison is total bullshit and trump is a fraud. He increased spending in a growing economy and increased military spending every year while bragging about not starting any wars. 

I'm not making excuses for Obama, he was an empty suit, a salesman. Not a leader. Trump "got shit done" right? Well what we got is what trump left us. You can make whatever excuses you want. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well what would it be had Obama not inherited an economy at the peak of collapse? Your comparison is total bullshit and trump is a fraud. He increased spending in a growing economy and increased military spending every year while bragging about not starting any wars. 

I'm not making excuses for Obama, he was an empty suit, a salesman. Not a leader. Trump "got shit done" right? Well what we got is what trump left us. You can make whatever excuses you want. 

I make no excuses. Trump completely bumbled covid. And not in the way you think he did. He should have never shut down the economy over Covid. His message should’ve been if an individual state would like to shut down their economy they’re welcome to but the federal government stances to not shut down the economy over a virus that we simply don’t do it. All messaging from the federal government should’ve came from the White House people like Fauci should’ve been muzzled. Had he done that there would’ve been no need for all of this Covid spending. I think Trump is a total fucking idiot. But I’m not gonna be a revisionist and claim he spent more money than Obama when he didn’t. Obama spending had nothing to do with repairing the economy much like this new Covid stimulus the Obama stimulus was a pay back to people that got him elected. I’m not super big a military spending but at least that money went into defense which is part of our constitution not bullshit shovel ready jobs were you send a bunch of money off to the SEIU and Arcorn 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Thought you slung morgages? Guys I know killed it in 19and20 both 

as i said 20 was good but not 00's good personally but i don't want to have to deal with 20 sales people and a big support staff like i did then.  Now i manage 8 total. this is a business with a huge burnout factor and it's very hard to stay at the top of your game for 20+ years and i have been doing it 29.  

for a guy just selling 20 was prob the best year they will ever have and most will be lucky to be at 2/3 that for most of the next decade.  My best year selling i did 278 loans for about $40 million in business,  guy who did close to 300 loans in 2020 prob produced close to if not more than 100 million.  

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

It was 10.6 trillion when Obama took office not 9, secondly the debt and deficit were both dropping when Trump took office, thirdly Trump spent more in his first 3 years in office than Obama did in his last 4 and that was before covid hit. Not to mention Obama inherited 2 wars and a world economy in collapse, Trump inherited 4.8% UE and record emerging markets, and the longest bull market in history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Debt exponentially has increased under each president for some time.  Bush increased the debt less per year then Obama who increased the debt less per year then Trump who will increase the debt less then Biden.

38 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

It was 10.6 trillion when Obama took office not 9, secondly the debt and deficit were both dropping when Trump took office, thirdly Trump spent more in his first 3 years in office than Obama did in his last 4 and that was before covid hit. Not to mention Obama inherited 2 wars and a world economy in collapse, Trump inherited 4.8% UE and record emerging markets, and the longest bull market in history.

Wrong it was less than 9 6 when oboma took office . Because on this date in 2008 the debt clock says so . And we all remember the spree he was on the first 3 mo in office then the following  2 yrs in office 

Screenshot_20210306-104418_Chrome.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Wrong it was less than 9 6 when oboma took office . Because on this date in 2008 the debt clock says so . And we all remember the spree he was on the first 3 mo in office then the following  2 yrs in office 

Obama didn't take office until January 2009

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

So actually if you look at the debt clock you just posted and consider the debt was 1 trillion more by the time he was sworn in, kind of  puts in perspective how bad thing were before he took office.