Check your account email address ×

DWI charges dropped against Bruce Springsteen, who pleads guilty to just drinking in the park

DWI charges dropped against Bruce Springsteen, who pleads guilty to just drinking in the park

Source: CNN

CNN)Bruce Springsteen pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges he imbibed alcohol at New Jersey's Sandy Hook National Recreation Area, despite knowing it was prohibited. 

"I had two small shots of Tequila," Springsteen said in a virtual appearance before New Jersey Federal Court. 

The plea came after federal prosecutors agreed to drop charges that Springsteen was operating a vehicle under the influence and driving recklessly, charges Assistant US Attorney Adam Baker said the government would not be able to prove. 

"The evidence we reviewed indicates that after the defendant's arrest, he submitted to a breath test at the ranger station, and his BAC reading was .02, which as the court is aware is well under the legal limit of .08," Baker said. 

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/entertainment/bruce-springsteen-charges-plead/index.html 

My Bruce story...

My brother and myself were in Boston on business at BU (Boston University). After we were done meetings it was a nice cool August day with lots of parents and their kids being dropped off for the school year so we decided to sit on a bench and enjoy a cigar and watch the crowd. We heard a crowd whistling and clapping for something and soon we see it’s Springsteen walking along by himself. He spots what looks like a homeless guy singing and strumming a wreck of a guitar. Bruce stops and tells him he sounds great. He sits next to him and chats for a while and a small crowd gathers around. Next thing you know Bruce is playing his guitar and singing with the guy. They sang 2 songs and Bruce dropped some cash in the guys hat and the smile on the homeless guys face must be still there. Come to find out Bruce’s daughter was a student at BU.

Hes a good guy that’s not full of himself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

My Bruce story...

My brother and myself were in Boston on business at BU (Boston University). After we were done meetings it was a nice cool August day with lots of parents and their kids being dropped off for the school year so we decided to sit on a bench and enjoy a cigar and watch the crowd. We heard a crowd whistling and clapping for something and soon we see it’s Springsteen walking along by himself. He spots what looks like a homeless guy singing and strumming a wreck of a guitar. Bruce stops and tells him he sounds great. He sits next to him and chats for a while and a small crowd gathers around. Next thing you know Bruce is playing his guitar and singing with the guy. They sang 2 songs and Bruce dropped some cash in the guys hat and the smile on the homeless guys face must be still there. Come to find out Bruce’s daughter was a student at BU.

Listen you POS, there are a lot of "good guys" that get DUI's

31 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Listen you POS, there are a lot of "good guys" that get DUI's

I’m a pos? I related a personal story to a thread I started and instead of commenting the topic you come at me?

Oh and he didn’t get charged with a dwi.

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I’m a pos? I related a personal story to a thread I started and instead of commenting the topic you come at me?

Oh and he didn’t get charged with a dwi.

You've always been and always will be a piece of shit.  You would think after being told that 20 times a day that it would stick in your empty head.

9 minutes ago, CFM said:

I’m no Springsteen fan, not a hater either, he blew an 02 and he’s going thru all this ?

Like to know more about his ‘erratic’ driving. 

He refused a sobriety test at the stop.  They arrested him and he blew .02 at the station later.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

My Bruce story...

That's a cool story.

I am sure it made memories for a lot of people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

You've always been and always will be a piece of shit.  You would think after being told that 20 times a day that it would stick in your empty head.

Another class act you are. Thanks for letting me know the type of guy you are. 

See ya.

1 hour ago, MILFMAN said:

That's a cool story.

I am sure it made memories for a lot of people.

But AOC went to BU. :wink 😂 😆 😝 

Speaking of school full of ‘privilege.’ Even AOC is from ‘privilege’ , of course she is. 😂 

2 hours ago, CFM said:

But AOC went to BU. :wink 😂 😆 😝 

Speaking of school full of ‘privilege.’ Even AOC is from ‘privilege’ , of course she is. 😂 

She's well aware she's from privilege.

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I remember Ronald Reagan commenting on Bruce Springsteen’s Born in the USA without having any clear understanding of the the song’s content. That was pretty funny. What a dumb fuck. :lol: 

And then Bob Dole and Pat Buchanan proceeded to try and do the same damn thing lol