Check your account email address ×

Are there major issues with the 2021 doo 850’s?

Rod

1 minute ago, hayward said:

looks like he may have gotten lucky, and it didn't bounce around in there like a pin-ball machine.  I wasn't so lucky, as clutches came together for a bonding experience, and the jackshaft ground into the bearing flanges.

If you look inside the shaft there’s a pretty long rusty separation line. Must have been a manufacturer defect

On 2/20/2021 at 2:53 PM, ACE said:

Buddies just grenade yesterday 

Mines been minty and I beat the bag out of it 1700 miles so far.  Look at that Blue beauty!

00F0E700-6C5B-4DA2-B968-26B25F9D7B24.thumb.jpeg.14a1f78c06b1bf337836c4fbbac8b6d2.jpeg

On 2/21/2021 at 10:31 PM, jtssrx said:

Did it put a rod through the case? 

My turbo sure did. 😆

14E6F73A-F612-4CB7-A902-3B69DFDC086F.thumb.jpeg.d8fac7dccc83759832a3b5f62e92efb1.jpeg13B78430-B094-4F12-93FF-A929B2235442.thumb.jpeg.30c4c9a0ea72ec0d5f4bf954f6d3ab8e.jpeg

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Mines been minty and I beat the bag out of it 1700 miles so far.  Look at that Blue beauty!

00F0E700-6C5B-4DA2-B968-26B25F9D7B24.thumb.jpeg.14a1f78c06b1bf337836c4fbbac8b6d2.jpeg

My turbo sure did. 😆

14E6F73A-F612-4CB7-A902-3B69DFDC086F.thumb.jpeg.d8fac7dccc83759832a3b5f62e92efb1.jpeg13B78430-B094-4F12-93FF-A929B2235442.thumb.jpeg.30c4c9a0ea72ec0d5f4bf954f6d3ab8e.jpeg

Better knock on wood....that could be the kiss of death!

:lol:

38 minutes ago, hayward said:

holy hell shrapnel!  Hope that was warranty?

Yeahhhhno.  Insurance covered it though.

36 minutes ago, Dave said:

No shit.  I blew up the last two, 2 years in a row....I take nothing for granted  :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I was debating selling my 18 summit early this yr . Started looking at tge paper work and saw I got a 5yr Warr so guess I hold it another year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I was debating selling my 18 summit early this yr . Started looking at tge paper work and saw I got a 5yr Warr so guess I hold it another year 

No warranty on either of my etecs...they are going up for sale if the border is open next fall. :)

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Owning a two stroke without warranty is foolish now.  When they go usually the engine is done.

Another reasons prices have soared.  People want warranties on these EPA nightmares....and they are gonna pay for them on top of retail.  When companies started adding 3-4 year warranties, prices jumped.  Warranties sell very well in a sport where fewer and fewer know anything about their machine....much less have the tools to work on them.

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Owning a two stroke without warranty is foolish now.  When they go usually the engine is done.

Easy to change an engine or fix it if need be...but agree.

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Finally!  Doo made it easy to take the secondary off.  :lol: 

Honestly I hate that garbage setup.  Cats setup with the team is better than any secondary doo has had.  

Just now, ACE said:

Honestly I hate that garbage setup.  Cats setup with the team is better than any secondary doo has had.  

I remember the first time I tackled the clutches on my Doo.  I remember just sitting down and looking at it going, "WTF?!?!  How many fucking tools do I need for this shit?

Cat: 10mm.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I remember the first time I tackled the clutches on my Doo.  I remember just sitting down and looking at it going, "WTF?!?!  How many fucking tools do I need for this shit?

Cats are there for the simple minded.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Cats are there for the simple minded.

Race designed and inspired for those with tools.  Doo: Inspired for those not knowing how to change a fuse....and keep dealers flush with cash while threatening to go on DooTalk and bad mouth previous owner until they get a full refund.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Plus they still use the same garbage rollers from the same XP since 08

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Plus they still use the same garbage rollers from the same XP since 08

I was just remembering those fucking key things you needed for the primary.  God damn those things got messy.  I know I had more "special" clutch tools for my doo than I had for any other sled.  My god.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Race designed and inspired for those with tools.  Doo: Inspired for those not knowing how to change a fuse....and keep dealers flush with cash while threatening to go on DooTalk and bad mouth previous owner until they get a full refund.

We saw 1 abandoned machine on the trail and one ripped apart at a warm up shack on our ride Sunday....

Guess what brands they were...

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was just remembering those fucking key things you needed for the primary.  God damn those things got messy.  I know I had more "special" clutch tools for my doo than I had for any other sled.  My god.

I replaced pucks and pins I believe without any special tools but it’s been years. The holding tools made it easier but weren’t required 

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

We saw 1 abandoned machine on the trail and one ripped apart at a warm up shack on our ride Sunday....

Guess what brands they were...

Polaris.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I replaced pucks and pins I believe without any special tools but it’s been years. The holding tools made it easier but weren’t required 

The amount of shit that needs to be done for simple primary and secondary work is just silly to me.  The etec is an all around fucking nightmare to get into.

• Like 1