Check your account email address ×

Artic cat 800 RR 1400 miles issues report

Rod

13 hours ago, Anler said:

Maybe you should get one of those cat durability kits... :news:

They just call those "consumer engines" in Cat talk.  No aftermarket company sells those.  That's just Poo stuff.  :lol: 

The argument on HCS about "which Poo durability kit was best" was almost as good as "which oil works best to get my Poo to 1000 miles?"

:lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

They just call those "consumer engines" in Cat talk.  No aftermarket company sells those.  That's just Poo stuff.  :lol: 

The argument on HCS about "which Poo durability kit was best" was almost as good as "which oil works best to get my Poo to 1000 miles?"

:lol:

My poos seem to hold up well with no durability kit and aftermarket oil. 6000 miles on the 800 now.. :news: 

Just now, Anler said:

My poos seem to hold up well with no durability kit and aftermarket oil. 6000 miles on the 800 now.. :news: 

I am running lucas oil in my Poo,  $30 gallon and thats only because i could not find mystik for less.  I watched Spump pour every kind of oil in his 800's and they kept running.   

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I am running lucas oil in my Poo,  $30 gallon and thats only because i could not find mystik for less.  I watched Spump pour every kind of oil in his 800's and they kept running.   

Best 2 stroke oil you can buy and I got it for $11 a gallon with rebate right before christmas. Its always around $18-$22 at farm and fleet. It gets sold out quick tho. Ive already gone thru about 5 gallons this year. 

http://d2ul0w83gls0j4.cloudfront.net/products/62/300/620304.jpg

Just now, Anler said:

Best 2 stroke oil you can buy and I got it for $11 a gallon with rebate right before christmas. Its always around $18-$22 at farm and fleet. It gets sold out quick tho. Ive already gone thru about 5 gallons this year. 

http://d2ul0w83gls0j4.cloudfront.net/products/62/300/620304.jpg

no one local had any mystik,  its what i started running at the end of my Freerides life.  I actually think the lucas may be made in the same plant.  same color and smell.   i got it shipped prime for $30 gallon.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

no one local had any mystik,  its what i started running at the end of my Freerides life.  I actually think the lucas may be made in the same plant.  same color and smell.   i got it shipped prime for $30 gallon.  

Well that is still better than $50 skidoo or polaris oil. Lot of guys around here run Klotz religiously but it can be expensive too. 

I pulled my exhaust valves on the 800 just under 5000 miles because i heard they need regular cleaning. Virtually no carbon build up and they were all oily. I didnt even wipe them off, I put them right back in. Lesson learned. Then i fired on all of those polaris faggots that say you are stupid to not run only VES while posting pictures of their gummed up exhaust vaves. :lol: 

Just now, awful knawful said:

Yep. 

Internet bs. Out in the wild I haven't seen many melt downs.

And also if I had a nickel for every time I had to make a visit to the arctic cat dealership while snowmobiling... 

Just now, Anler said:

And also if I had a nickel for every time I had to make a visit to the arctic cat dealership while snowmobiling... 

I've never seen a ctec go down, but spit, sputter, high idle and flames oh my!

Saw 2 poo 850s slow at a "y" both were farting and popping. Wtf.

Etec are always spot on 

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well that is still better than $50 skidoo or polaris oil. Lot of guys around here run Klotz religiously but it can be expensive too. 

I pulled my exhaust valves on the 800 just under 5000 miles because i heard they need regular cleaning. Virtually no carbon build up and they were all oily. I didnt even wipe them off, I put them right back in. Lesson learned. Then i fired on all of those polaris faggots that say you are stupid to not run only VES while posting pictures of their gummed up exhaust vaves. :lol: 

I clean my exhaust valves with my thumb. The only ones I’ve ever had to clean were a cat 440 driven by my wife.

These poos definitely drink some oil. I’m on gallon #3 and it’s almost done at 1200 miles.

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I clean my exhaust valves with my thumb. The only ones I’ve ever had to clean were a cat 440 driven by my wife.

These poos definitely drink some oil. I’m on gallon #3 and it’s almost done at 1200 miles.

Thats why I use the mystik! I can get 2 gallons for the price of 1? LOL

Im right behind you, I have about 1000 miles on now

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Anler said:

Shame on you dissing the jesus oil.

59 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Shame on you dissing the jesus oil.

Well judging by all of the gummed up exhaust valve pics i see from all of the VES guys id say stop using that shit :lol: 

5 hours ago, Anler said:

i think doo oil quality is very good but price is outrageous.   I haven't pulled the valves since they went to eraves with too many pieces but the doo oil always burned clean on my old valves