Check your account email address ×

When will ski doo quit making such slow boring sleds?

Rod

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yep strong 3rd place would prob be first but more suckers bought doo 800s than poo 800s so doo has the numbers to win 

Oh and doo did nothing to attempt to fix a well knowen issue at least poo worked on it 

Cat released probably the worst sled ever next to the 900 fusion....the whole 2012 procross line up was a mess...at least a 600 fusion was ok.....even the 13 cats were awful

• Gold Member

Loved my 11 ptek 800 never gave me a issue until it’s demise. Eventually crank split in two piece at 9k miles. I did go through control arms by just hitting a mosquito so that sucked. My buds 12 cat when new was by far the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever seen on the trails. That thing was breaking and in the shop every other mile that got put on it.

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

Loved my 11 ptek 800 never gave me a issue until it’s demise. Eventually crank split in two piece at 9k miles. I did go through control arms by just hitting a mosquito so that sucked. My buds 12 cat when new was by far the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever seen on the trails. That thing was breaking and in the shop every other mile that got put on it.

Sounds like my 08 xp 

19 minutes ago, Dave said:

Cat released probably the worst sled ever next to the 900 fusion....the whole 2012 procross line up was a mess...at least a 600 fusion was ok.....even the 13 cats were awful

Why because of clutching ? Other than the clutch alignment and really only on the turbo. What was the issue ? 

10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Thankfully never bent up the nun but fuck that thing go through control arm.  I’ll give that to cat my buds hit just as much shit as me and never bent a control arm.

I have literally tore arms off my 06 to 14 cats and never bent a bulk head . I litteraly bent the module and arm  on my xp catching a carbide loading in to a trailer total junk  . Ez to pull back and sell though 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Why because of clutching ? Other than the clutch alignment and really only on the turbo. What was the issue ? 

Cheap bogies ....tunnels bending..jackshafts...turbo models catching fire....the list was long.

:lol:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

My buds 12 clutch replaced 3 maybe 4 times, reverse blew out twice cause the chain case to explode, cracked both rear skid rails, third wheel fell apart, the tunnel was replaced because the rivets came loose and ovaled out the holes, heated grip, I’d have to ask him I’m sure there more I don’t remember...it was a rough couple years when it was new but it’s bullet proof now 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have literally tore arms off my 06 to 14 cats and never bent a bulk head . I litteraly bent the module and arm  on my xp catching a carbide loading in to a trailer total junk  . Ez to pull back and sell though 

I Believe it those cats have good front ends. I bent my control arm on my 11 gade on a old logging road just by riding over a rock under the snow. Basically rode over it at speed idk maybe 30, kicked that side up and off angle almost fell off but saved it and kept going only to notice something wasn’t right, look down and the thing is almost bent in half lol. One of many times

Edited by 800renegaderider

55 minutes ago, Snake said:

I have only been stranded twice. The engine in my 99SX600 blew the cast in half when a rod came through... and my 08 Vector blew a chain case.

Twice in 25 years ain't bad.

Two worst sleds for me were my 95 XCR 600 which seized 3 times in its first 500 miles.  Second was my 12 Cat turbo, which was flawless for the first 2000 miles and then was programmed to self destruct after that.  Throw in 3 more blown motors, and I've had my share of bullshit  :lol: 

Actu7ally got to ride an SRX with 200 miles on it back from the crash scene. I'll tell you, you can feel the difference in the way it winds up only spinning a 1 inch track opposed to the 1 3/4 on mine.

Very nice sled.

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

Actu7ally got to ride an SRX with 200 miles on it back from the crash scene. I'll tell you, you can feel the difference in the way it winds up only spinning a 1 inch track opposed to the 1 3/4 on mine.

Very nice sled.

I'd think that 1.75 would be the tits though for trail work.  Out on the lake, that SRX must wheel out like a mother fucker.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Well, you do buy piles of shit for $100.

Maybe it's the mechanic? Or driver?

That’s about what my 08 XP was really worth new. What a garbage can 

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Two worst sleds for me were my 95 XCR 600 which seized 3 times in its first 500 miles.  Second was my 12 Cat turbo, which was flawless for the first 2000 miles and then was programmed to self destruct after that.  Throw in 3 more blown motors, and I've had my share of bullshit  :lol: 

Ya you got lucky the 1st 2000

:lol:

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Zero question.  That was a 10k with out major issue sled 

They were a good unit. So we’re the Barney’s really. Just hideous.

the rev was a nice chassis but garbage engines. XP was a garbage chassis with garbage clutching and garbage engines. The new XP’s aren’t much different 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

That is beyond rare I have never seen a 800 petc with more than 4k on it . Pretty sure I have personally helped swap 6 junk case 800doo every one with a hole in the fr of the case 

Now going over classifieds i am getting a bit nervous about my 850 summit . Seeing a lot of them with <new factory motor > 

I bought the 5 yr warranty well because it is a doo and history has a way .

So will prob run next yr again and dump with a yr of power train coverage left 

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

They were a good unit. So we’re the Barney’s really. Just hideous.

the rev was a nice chassis but garbage engines. XP was a garbage chassis with garbage clutching and garbage engines. The new XP’s aren’t much different 

I had a 11 M8 limited.  Still one of my all time fav sleds . Last of the ez to do anything on sleds . And for what it was extremely capable deep snow sled . I can still jump on one and feel comfortable and know what it is going to do 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Now going over classifieds i am getting a bit nervous about my 850 summit . Seeing a lot of them with <new factory motor > 

I bought the 5 yr warranty well because it is a doo and history has a way .

So will prob run next yr again and dump with a yr of power train coverage left 

I'd never own an 800 or 850 etec without warranty same with poo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'd think that 1.75 would be the tits though for trail work.  Out on the lake, that SRX must wheel out like a mother fucker.

We got off the trail and did 2 small lakes. Like 30mph steps on the speedo.... :lol:

Clamping it at 50 is almost a religious experience.