Check your account email address ×

Let’s see those muffpot/hotdogger recipes

Shifty

Word to the wise, small oven safe liners. You can usually find them in the same area as the tinfoil, crock pot liners, etc. That way, next to no clean up. 

We have run them for a long time, on our off trail sleds. I’ve grabbed a couple extra orders of wings from BW3s on the way north to throw in there, hot pockets, brats, whip up some small burritos to throw in there or even a good ol pastrami and provolone on rye sammich. The biggest bitch about them now is that there isn’t enough room to mount them close enough to the engine to actually cook your food, because hoods aren’t easy to get off and there just isn’t that much room in there period. So, you usually get stuck with having to mount them back by the silencer end of the pip which is really only good for warming things up and you still have to be ridding pretty hard for a while to do that. 

Personally, I don’t even use mine much anymore. A Kind bar, some jerky and maybe an apple is all I need to really eat while out riding. I hit it hard when we get back in at the end of the day. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Can build a camp fire also to cook some grub up on...

That sounds good...make up some of those hobo dinners in foil beforehand and throw ‘em in the fire.:thumbsup:

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That sounds good...make up some of those hobo dinners in foil beforehand and throw ‘em in the fire.:thumbsup:

Hell yea. Dry gloves or whatever over em for a bit too. 

57 minutes ago, Shifty said:

No trail side fires allowed in NH. Officially 

Just pull off into the bush somewhere. Will want to find a spot with a bunch of dry wood close anyway. A blowdown pine tree for example with limbs sticking up in the air dry. A Cedar even better yet ...love the smell of Cedar smoke. 

• Like 1

I find it best to wrap snacks individually in tin foil . So shit like frozen food pizza rolls chicken tenders etc wrap each one in a small hunk of foil .

I rally like trader Joe's marinated meats like the pesto chicken or carne asada beef leftovers .again wrap each one up . Also only use your leather gloves I have wrecked many gloves on hot pipes fucking with muff pots . Some sleds cook real fast some take a long time all depends on where you can mount it and have ez access .

I had on on my old M that was literally built in to the can . I could cook raw meat in that thing in just a few pulls up the hill  the one on the backup pro rmk has a beacjed welded to to of can that holds muff and you need to load that thing over a hr before you get warm food 

I never use liners but again I wrap all my shit and I see it like a BBQ grill just call it seasoned 

NEVER try shrimp scampi . Lol my bud had a rmk that smelled like burnt butter all yr after it was spilling all over the place  

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Hell yea. Dry gloves or whatever over em for a bit too. 

Just pull off into the bush somewhere. Will want to find a spot with a bunch of dry wood close anyway. A blowdown pine tree for example with limbs sticking up in the air dry. A Cedar even better yet ...love the smell of Cedar smoke. 

That is always fun but when you want a quick  snack cant beat a muff pot 

I usually just bring cut up kielbasa. I precook it about 80% done as my muffpot is on my SLP can inlet so its easy to access. It will get burnt if you leave it there long enough but usually by the time I want it its just slightly charred which is the best way to eat it IMO.

Nothing like a warm tasty treat trailside for a pick me up on a ball freezing cold day. Just don't forget you have something in it on the last ride of the year and find it in November. Been there haha

Also a bud still has a ting cooker in his rmk he makes cornbread batter freeze it in small tinfoil tins about the size of cooker 2 good hunks cooked . Puts one in frozen and in about 30 min warm cornbread to share with some BBQ ribs or what not .

Don't think a pipe mounted one would get hot enough to bake bread but poss?

Why not just take a fukkin sub and a Thermos of coffee, instead trying to be BOBBY FLAY OF THE TRAILS???  

What's next, ya' gonna' make a fukkin skid for a TRAEGER GRILLE, so ya' can haul that out on the trails!!!  

What a bunch of bullshit!!!!!! 

14 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Why not just take a fukkin sub and a Thermos of coffee, instead trying to be BOBBY FLAY OF THE TRAILS???  

What's next, ya' gonna' make a fukkin skid for a TRAEGER GRILLE, so ya' can haul that out on the trails!!!  

Sledders that put on serious miles , need a way to eat ! We aren't talking 25 mile rides !!!

23 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You don't use them for trails there are bars on a trail . You use them when you are a hr or 2 from the closest road that may go to food . And why eat a shitty sub when you can eat good warm  food ? 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You don't use them for trails there are bars on a trail . You use them when you are a hr or 2 from the closest road that may go to food . And why eat a shitty sub when you can eat good warm  food ? 

Oh yeah, I really wanna' eat something that's been absorbing petro-chemicals in an enclosed environment. 

You're a fukkin dope. I rarely use that term.