Check your account email address ×

House Democrats propose forgiving up to $50,000 in student debt—here’s what’s in the resolution

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yep....along with all civil judgements.

Correct. There ought to be no free lunch. The borrower signed on the dotted line and IMO a certain level of pain needs to be felt when a debt is discharged. Credit is in shambles for a few years, but allow them the opportunity to recover. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Correct. There ought to be no free lunch. The borrower signed on the dotted line and IMO a certain level of pain needs to be felt when a debt is discharged. Credit is in shambles for a few years, but allow them the opportunity to recover. 

If ones life is tied to their credit score...and they check it more than their blood pressure, not much of a life.  i think after a while of learning to live by paying cash or paying off their monthly credit card every month, everyone would be better off.  

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You mean like it is now?

4 hours ago, SnowRider said:

No - they collect unemployment and utilize public assistance just like the old days - eh.. :snack:

Really, so that means they got some useless degree and are not using it anyway.  Again, we should not be paying for it.  Responsible people pay their own debts.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Really, so that means they got some useless degree and are not using it anyway.  Again, we should not be paying for it.  Responsible people pay their own debts.

I was referring to you dipshit :thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

You mean like it is now?

5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s not the way it is now, dummy. 

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

LOL Responsible people pay off their debts.

I swear to fuck that racer is legitimately mentally retarded.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's really not about the degree to me...it's the person getting it.  Plenty of retards getting 5 year "relevant" degrees that have done poorly too.  Although, the curve thickens when it comes to idiotic "liberal arts" degrees.  

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The education system needs to be reformed the idea the current curriculum fits all doesn’t work.

Seemed to me this all started when the educators started saying that everyone deserves to go to college.  That is simply not true.

Wonder if they will give me back the 50 grand I already paid?  The wife should get another 50 grand too.  I'm not holding my breath.  We will be punished for being responsibility and paying it off.  

Or maybe they will pay the $50k if I run up some debt and get my phd.  If that happens, I'd make you guys refer to me as Dr. teamgreen02.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Wonder if they will give me back the 50 grand I already paid?  The wife should get another 50 grand too.  I'm not holding my breath.  We will be punished for being responsibility and paying it off.  

Or maybe they will pay the $50k if I run up some debt and get my phd.  If that happens, I'd make you guys refer to me as Dr. teamgreen02.

IDK but my daughter has now filled out almost a dozen loan/grant applications.  Fuck it.....let's see.  FREE MONEY!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Like all these government programs, punishing the responsible people while rewarding many that do not deserve it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

IDK but my daughter has now filled out almost a dozen loan/grant applications.  Fuck it.....let's see.  FREE MONEY!!

Well, since her parents are broke she should qualify for quite a bit of free money!

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Well, since her parents are broke she should qualify for quite a bit of free money!

You should see our financials!  If she isn’t deserving...who is?  :lol:

Next step, emancipation!  We have chosen to play the game that has been presented to us.  I WANT MY FREE STUFF TOO!!!!!0

6 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Then you'd be like my in-laws.  

You don't want to be like those two dingleberries.  

I'm just hoping that 100 large falls into this household too.  I'm certain I'd put it to better use then at least 95% of the other people who would theoretically get it.  

• Like 1