Check your account email address ×

I Was the Homeland Security Adviser to Trump. We’re Being Hacked.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I read something the other day, said for the past 15 years, the US files and "espionage grievance" with China every 10 minutes..If that's true, that's insane

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Of course American hackers aren’t snooping. It’s those damn commies 

This was more about stealing of american technology, personal info, and monitoring us citizens via cell phone when they were out of the US.

So ya know

Companies always say when breached that it was "sophisticated" attackers.  That phrase is overused in infosec.  However, in this case, it's warranted.  Fucking crazy sophistication to this breach and their ability to weaponize SolarWinds' own infrastructure and software build/distribution systems, yet do so in an almost undetectable way.  We're actually getting pretty good at spotting breaches these days because most attack patterns result in anomalous behavior that's not been seen in the environment before.  This wasn't like that.

I'm an infosec pro and make my living building and selling software to protect against this kindof thing, and I'm really impressed.  The game has been elevated.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Companies always say when breached that it was "sophisticated" attackers.  That phrase is overused in infosec.  However, in this case, it's warranted.  Fucking crazy sophistication to this breach and their ability to weaponize SolarWinds' own infrastructure and software build/distribution systems, yet do so in an almost undetectable way.  We're actually getting pretty good at spotting breaches these days because most attack patterns result in anomalous behavior that's not been seen in the environment before.  This wasn't like that.

I'm an infosec pro and make my living building and selling software to protect against this kindof thing, and I'm really impressed.  The game has been elevated.

I have a first generation Russian that married into my family. He is the epitome of a Russian. A wizard with software. I swear there’s something in Russian DNA that makes computer science second nature. If Stalin hadn’t purged the USSR of all the best and the brightest, Russia would probably be running this place. 

57 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I have a first generation Russian that married into my family. He is the epitome of a Russian. A wizard with software. I swear there’s something in Russian DNA that makes computer science second nature. If Stalin hadn’t purged the USSR of all the best and the brightest, Russia would probably be running this place. 

It’s why our education system needs big changes.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Example?  :news:

When students are about third grade level they should be evaluated on what they excel at and really enjoy doing. If a student is really good at math and loves it put him or her in a class with other students like them and just study math. It can be science or whatever. 

The Russia does it and it’s why they can hack better than anyone.

• Like 1

Just now, Mainecat said:

When students are about third grade level they should be evaluated on what they excel at and really enjoy doing. If a student is really good at math and loves it put him or her in a class with other students like them and just study math. It can be science or whatever. 

The Russia does it and it’s why they can hack better than anyone.

Hmmm...sounds racist as hell.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Explain?

African Americans will typically score closer to your "3rd grade level"..along with Native Americans and those from South American descent.  So, do we send them to their own schools or segregate them into their own classes within the public educations system?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

African Americans will typically score closer to your "3rd grade level"..along with Native Americans and those from South American descent.  So, do we send them to their own schools or segregate them into their own classes within the public educations system?

You seem to be the racist. I stated starting in the third grade not comparing adult skill levels. Every kid would evolve into something they were great at and loved.

Think about how much money would be saved on college tuition when kids don’t wast money on courses they find out they hate and have zero interest in perusing.