Check your account email address ×

Covid detected in Donated blood from last October

jtssrx

Just now, spin_dry said:

This is more of your spazoid stuff that goes no where. 

Can you prove your statement? The Study says it found Covid 19 antibodies on the Samples from December. Meaning Covid was hear in Octorber or earlier. 

10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Can you prove your statement? The Study says it found Covid 19 antibodies on the Samples from December. Meaning Covid was hear in Octorber or earlier. 

Read a bit more. Cross reactivity is a probable possibility. It’s been one of the problems with the inaccuracies of antibody testing for Covid 19. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Spin is correct however the Chinese have been so truthful to date.  :lol:  

Remember according to CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/asia/wuhan-china-covid-intl/index.html

• A large and previously undisclosed outbreak of influenza happened in early December in Hubei province.
Edited by Highmark

I've said before i'd bet money I and others around here had it last  December into early January.  All the same symptoms and the absolute worst i've ever felt in my life.  Problem is, I can't say it was real contagious.   No one around me physically in this house had any signs of the same thing till first week of March and that was our son.  Wife never had anything, and neither did our daughter.  I would think if it were covid it'd went through the house like wildfire and anyone immediate to us that we were in contact with.

I guess i'll always just have to wonder.

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

I've said before i'd bet money I and others around here had it last  December into early January.  All the same symptoms and the absolute worst i've ever felt in my life.  Problem is, I can't say it was real contagious.   No one around me physically in this house had any signs of the same thing till first week of March and that was our son.  Wife never had anything, and neither did our daughter.  I would think if it were covid it'd went through the house like wildfire and anyone immediate to us that we were in contact with.

I guess i'll always just have to wonder.

Me too and my son a week later. Went from feeling fine to waking up 3 hrs later with razor blades in my throat and pneumonia by day 3, fn gross

6 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Me too and my son a week later. Went from feeling fine to waking up 3 hrs later with razor blades in my throat and pneumonia by day 3, fn gross

Mine hung on for 3 weeks.  Fucked my whole holiday season up last year.  People around here that I talk to and had it around the same time, couple of them were tested for the flu and it wasn't that.  Maybe the flu test is junk too I don't know?

Just now, hayward said:

Mine hung on for 3 weeks.  Fucked my whole holiday season up last year.  People around here that I talk to and had it around the same time, couple of them were tested for the flu and it wasn't that.  Maybe the flu test is junk too I don't know?

It was 3 weeks for sure, another friend went to the hospital twice. Healthy guy too. The onset was crazy fast

43 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

The nasal swab test at CVS Pharmacy's.  My first test on 11/19 was negative.

covid test 1.PNG

Test results are all over the map. The nasal swab detects the virus. While it’s accuracy is far better than the antibody test, it’s still mediocre at best. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Test results are all over the map. The nasal swab detects the virus. While it’s accuracy is far better than the antibody test, it’s still mediocre at best. 

When I took my antibody test from a respect lab in Iowa City they said the accuracy was 50/50 if negative.  They did say however that the positive tests were much more accurate than the negative results.  I recall that was around 90% or better.

39 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

What, are you a doctor or something?

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

What, are you an election law expert or something? 

As you know he’s a dime a dozen financial planner with such stellar expertise he has to work until he’s 70 :lol: