Check your account email address ×

What kind of man doesn’t like dogs?

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Love all Labs but........................Yellow Labs FTW!

20200515_183145.jpg

Awesome dogs...we had a yellow lab puppy when we first moved up here...I was 8 and he got away from my sister and ran into M-66 and was killed...Dusty was his name...broke my damn heart.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, spin_dry said:

Harris, Bloomberg, Klobuchar, etc.

Kamala Harris, the California senator, is an enthusiastic tweeter of doggy things, and the supporter of animal protection bills, but has not introduced the public to any dogs of her own. Vermont senator Bernie Sanders did not have a dog during the last presidential race, and doesn’t seem to have gotten one since. Neither Amy Klobuchar, the Minnesota Senator, nor Julian Castro, the former Housing Secretary, nor Tulsi Gabbard, the Hawaii Congresswoman, nor Seth Moulton, the Massachusetts Congressman, have mentioned owning dogs during the early days of the race. Howard Schultz mentions his family’s love of dogs in his bio, but hasn’t during his exploratory presidential bid, while Mike Bloomberg doesn’t really seem to care for them at all

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Harris, Bloomberg, Klobuchar, etc.

Kamala Harris, the California senator, is an enthusiastic tweeter of doggy things, and the supporter of animal protection bills, but has not introduced the public to any dogs of her own. Vermont senator Bernie Sanders did not have a dog during the last presidential race, and doesn’t seem to have gotten one since. Neither Amy Klobuchar, the Minnesota Senator, nor Julian Castro, the former Housing Secretary, nor Tulsi Gabbard, the Hawaii Congresswoman, nor Seth Moulton, the Massachusetts Congressman, have mentioned owning dogs during the early days of the race. Howard Schultz mentions his family’s love of dogs in his bio, but hasn’t during his exploratory presidential bid, while Mike Bloomberg doesn’t really seem to care for them at all

and?  

dog ownership/love is not a liberal or conservative trait.  But you have to really look hard at people who don't like dogs or who dogs don't like. Its another good reason to not like/trust Trump. :snack:    

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

and?  

dog ownership/love is not a liberal or conservative trait.  But you have to really look hard at people who don't like dogs or who dogs don't like. Its another good reason to not like/trust Trump. :snack:    

But any of those people were trustworthy.  :lol:  Thanks for making my point for me.  :thumbsup:

Big difference between people who don't own dogs and people who mistreat them.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, F3600 said:

For labs you have to have a caveat, they are dumb as a 2x4 until about 2.5 years old and need said 2x4 to make them listen up until then.

My dad's black lab was smart from the start. He retired and got her. They spend every day together.

If you're gonna get a dog and leave it in the house all day alone it's not going to learn shit!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My dad's black lab was smart from the start. He retired and got her. They spend every day together.

If you're gonna get a dog and leave it in the house all day alone it's not going to learn shit!

I'm fortunate enough to work in a dog friendly environment but that is rare for a lot of people.  I actually have my dog here with me today so he could play with his buddy.

mandt.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, F3600 said:

For labs you have to have a caveat, they are dumb as a 2x4 until about 2.5 years old and need said 2x4 to make them listen up until then.

Only the males from my experience. My females have all been very smart, my males have beed dumb as stumps but very sweet and loving.

5 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Great looking dogs. I the one in the middle a chocolate silver mix or just older?

Yup Silver. We named him Bullet (Silver-Bullet, get it? Lol!) He is literally my shadow and goes just about everywhere I go.

5 hours ago, F3600 said:

Idk. In addition to the three pictured, we've had two others. All of them have been pretty smart. Attention and training are key. They need things to do otherwise they will find things on their own and that's usually a bad thing.

22 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Yup Silver. We named him Bullet (Silver-Bullet, get it? Lol!) He is literally my shadow and goes just about everywhere I go.

Cool, I've had Labs all my life, we had a yellow a black and a chocolate all at one time, we have a 14 year old black and a 6 month old chocolate now, the old guy is nearing the end now I'm afraid. We had a chocolate silver mix female, she was a great dog a little different than all the others we have had, more aware of everything, ate  apples,, pears, and   peaches would find them anywhere.  Our new chocolate had a silver father and she is very similar to our silver chocolate. My old black named King has only been away from me about 30 hours in his life that was when I in the hospital, has traveled at least 200,000 miles with me, we still walk everyday just not as fast or as far.

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive got 2 females now but have had males in the past . By 2 yrs old they would do as told with just hand commands and head nods. 

I teach all mine that too makes it easier when they get older and lose hearing. I look at King and nod he knows its time to go, point down means sit  palm out means stay point any direction or wave him to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Cool, I've had Labs all my life, we had a yellow a black and a chocolate all at one time, we have a 14 year old black and a 6 month old chocolate now, the old guy is nearing the end now I'm afraid. We had a chocolate silver mix female, she was a great dog a little different than all the others we have had, more aware of everything, ate  apples,, pears, and   peaches would find them anywhere.  Our new chocolate had a silver father and she is very similar to our silver chocolate. My old black named King has only been away from me about 30 hours in his life that was when I in the hospital, has traveled at least 200,000 miles with me, we still walk everyday just not as fast or as far.

Aware as in protective? Bullet is a lot more intense than the other two. Very in tune to his surroundings almost on guard all the time. If I go to the basement without him I can hear him pacing back and forth until I come back up.Tucker and Oakley are laid back like typical Labs.

36 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Aware as in protective? Bullet is a lot more intense than the other two. Very in tune to his surroundings almost on guard all the time. If I go to the basement without him I can hear him pacing back and forth until I come back up.Tucker and Oakley are laid back like typical Labs.

No not more protective, but as you say more intense, and in tune with their surroundings and notice everything and anything that the other labs just seem unaware of.  The breeder we got ours from had bred probably thousands of Labs, she brought out a pup of every color to show us that the silver would lay on its back and be submissive to an adult male and the others didn't, she also said that silver females regurgitate food for their pups and no other colors do that. If you look at a silver their eyes are closer together and more forward than the other colors, she said it is from the recessive wolf genes, not sure if it is true but there is definitely a difference in behavior.