Check your account email address ×

UPS lost my package

f7ben

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I just used USPS to ship to Canada.

They are so unimaginably expensive now.

i shipped the same guy a pair of props USPS and it was $237 for a smallish 50lb package 

Just now, f7ben said:

i shipped the same guy a pair of props USPS and it was $237 for a smallish 50lb package 

It's been awhile, but I shipped an engine to PEI and it was +/- $400.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

This is why nobody ships to Canada.  We have a few guys who come down from Montreal to the River run in CT that buy stuff online and just have it sent to one of us in the club here in the states.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m done shipping international. I sold $43000 worth of boat parts this summer and shipped most of them. All 3 issues I had were with international shipments

The one, and only time, I shipped parts to Canada they didn't show up.  I'm lucky it was a set of carbides and not something to get worked up about.  Not worth screwing with international shipping, as you found out.

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

This is why nobody ships to Canada.  We have a few guys who come down from Montreal to the River run in CT that buy stuff online and just have it sent to one of us in the club here in the states.

This dude was in missauga but with the Corona bullshit he was t getting across the border or didn’t want to try

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The one, and only time, I shipped parts to Canada they didn't show up.  I'm lucky it was a set of carbides and not something to get worked up about.  Not worth screwing with international shipping, as you found out.

Yup....fuckers

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I shipped it to Canada and agreed not to declare the value more than a small amount because of the 20% duty fees the guy would have had to pay. It would have cost the guy an additional $420 just to collect them.

I knew I’d get fucked 

Dude, you're the nicest asshole I know. WTF :lol:

You let Toolkit return a sled because he was a fucking idiot and now you let yourself get fucked over just so some random fucking guy could save on his duty fees?

Fuck that shit, if he wants to buy it he can pay the duty fees. CYA

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I had to cross the border a few times with Jet Engine parts and test equipment.......never really went all that well.  

This dude was in missauga but with the Corona bullshit he was t getting across the border or didn’t want to try

Yup....fuckers

Do you ever ship Speedee?  If they service the area I'm sending the package I almost always use them now.  Fast, cheap, and local.

Just now, SSFB said:

Dude, you're the nicest asshole I know. WTF :lol:

You let Toolkit bring back a sled because he was a fucking idiot and now you let yourself get fucked over just so some random fucking guy could say on his duty fees?

Fuck that shit, if he wants to buy it he can pay the duty fees. 

I like helping people.

I sold a $9000 outboard motor on eBay this summer.

They paid with paypal and I noticed eBay charged them fucking sales tax.

I called the couple and told them I’d like to refund them their paypal payment and they could just mail me a check so they could save the $700 in tax eBay collected. Then I told them I’d take another $300 off the price because I’d have paid PayPal fees anyway. They were really happy with me. 

What goes around comes around buying and selling shit

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was just trying to help the kid out that needed the lowers. When they lost them I told him it was my problem and I sent him back his $2130. I’m too nice I guess

:lol: 

You have a good heart Ben.:bc:

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I had to cross the border a few times with Jet Engine parts and test equipment.......never really went all that well.  

They give Americans a hard time regardless.  I went across once for work in a rental car.  It went about as well as your jet engine trip.

Do you ever ship Speedee?  If they service the area I'm sending the package I almost always use them now.  Fast, cheap, and local.

I use them 100% of the time in their coverage area. They are the absolute best

• Like 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You have a good heart Ben.:bc:

I just hate wasting money on shit like tax and duties . I have always marked shit as “warranty” and tried to keep the values low

I like helping people.

I called the couple and told them I’d like to refund them their paypal payment and they could just mail me a check so they could save the $700 in tax eBay collected. Then I told them I’d take another $300 off the price because I’d have paid PayPal fees anyway. They were really happy with me. 

The sales tax now on Ebay is BS.  A lot of times now I find the vendor on Ebay or Amazon and see if they have a website I can order direct from.  90% of the time, no sales tax.

I like helping people.

Nope, fuck that, they accepted the terms when they chose to buy. 

I can appreciate the good will but you have to accept that it opens you up to getting fucked over. 

• Like 1

The sales tax now on Ebay is BS.  A lot of times now I find the vendor on Ebay or Amazon and see if they have a website I can order direct from.  90% of the time, no sales tax.

I’ll never sell on eBay again

fuck paypal and fuck eBay 

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Nope, fuck that, they accepted the terms when they chose to buy. 

I can appreciate the good will but you have to accept that it opens you up to getting fucked over. 

They were super nice. They mailed me a cashiers check priority mail and USPS lost the fucker so she canceled that one after a week and overnighted next another one. I called and verified the funds before I released the pallet for shipping 

Edited by f7ben

I just hate wasting money on shit like tax and duties . I have always marked shit as “warranty” and tried to keep the values low

eBay is pretty bad these days for international shipping but sometimes they are the only game.  You should see some of the insane costs.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

eBay is pretty bad these days for international shipping but sometimes they are the only game.  You should see some of the insane costs.

This corona shit has stuff so fucked ....I never imagined things could be so incredibly fucked up shipping wise 

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That was pretty much just recently implemented in all states but a few. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

International shipping is by far the worse, then add in import duties on top of that and it gets beyond ridiculous in a hurry! 

For some reason, which goes against the norm, it is cheaper sending things stateside than it is for them to send things up here. I dabble in sports memorabilia and cards and it is getting difficult to find sellers who don't use Global shipping or don't ship at all to Canada anymore.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You're lucky where you live (USA).

It's not just Corona.

I had a guy in Australia buy some parts from me. I couldn’t fit some hydraulic lines in the flat rate box we were trying to use 

He said it was retarded expensive just to get something like a standard hydraulic hose built there. He claimed it would be over $200 for a 18’ line. I ended up shipping him the lines in another box that he paid $80 for 

It took almost 7 weeks for them to get there.