Check your account email address ×

Forget that LS swap and go for a Tesla drive unit that bolts up to a small-block V-8's mounts!

“Literally, that’s what this wonderful creation is. A crated electric motor. Even better, it’s a bolt-in setup gunning to replace one of the most common crate engine choices out there, GM’s small-block V-8. That is because the EV West Tesla powertrain bolts up to small-block V-8 engine mounts and can be hooked up directly to a driveshaft, so you can fit it into your small-block V-8 project and keep your rear axle as-is.”

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-crate-motor-ev-conversion-small-block-v-8/

• Like 1

We are going to start seeing a lot of options for transforming fossil fueled vehicles to ev.

There is a guy near me that has converted a couple of Ford Rangers to EV using off the shelf stuff and they work pretty good but I'm sure he's not getting big miles per charge.

• Gold Member

The new F-150 Hybrid has like 430hp and 570 ft lbs.  will be awesome when the have a phev/ev pickup

new Hummer EV is just a couple weeks away from reveal and is suppose to have over 1000 hp

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Ouch 11900 then you still need to buy some battery packs some sort of software package and a charger.  

$12000 for a 550 hp crate motor to bolt in so power wise it's equal but supporting equipment is probably another $12000.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

The new F-150 Hybrid has like 430hp and 570 ft lbs.  will be awesome when the have a phev/ev pickup

new Hummer EV is just a couple weeks away from reveal and is suppose to have over 1000 hp

That Hummer isn’t going to be cheap. 100k plus I bet.

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That Hummer isn’t going to be cheap. 100k plus I bet.

It will be spendy for sure.  Heck the ram raptor copy pushes into the 6 figure mark and it only has 702 hp

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It will be spendy for sure.  Heck the ram raptor copy pushes into the 6 figure mark and it only has 702 hp

Henry Ford’s plan was to make it affordable for the average Joe. Seems to be the opposite for some of these electric cars coming out now. High end stuff. 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Henry Ford’s plan was to make it affordable for the average Joe. Seems to be the opposite for some of these electric cars coming out now. High end stuff. 

You can still get affordable models if you want though but gas powered.  It will be just transportation though like Henry built with his first vehicle which aren’t all that exciting.  I think a nicely equipped ecosport  can be had for under 20 grand

Not electric yet anyways but it will come.

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Ouch 11900 then you still need to buy some battery packs some sort of software package and a charger.  

given that crashed teslas get blacklisted from supercharging and software updates they are perfect donors for things like this.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Electric will be great once battery tech isn’t trash 

It's getting pretty good but the charging tech isn't there yet.  People need 400 mile range under load and 20 minute re-charge times.

I think tractor trailer tech is here it's just not being used correctly with batteries.  They should have a diesel generator running electric motors, should be able to pull 80 tons as long as the brakes can stop it.