Check your account email address ×

Bush and Obama Admins Need to Answer for Waste

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/pentagon-buries-evidence-of-125-billion-in-bureaucratic-waste/2016/12/05/e0668c76-9af6-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html?utm_term=.8acb73b53f84

The Pentagon has buried an internal study that exposed $125 billion in administrative waste in its business operations amid fears Congress would use the findings as an excuse to slash the defense budget, according to interviews and confidential memos obtained by The Washington Post.

Pentagon leaders had requested the study to help make their enormous back-office bureaucracy more efficient and reinvest any savings in combat power. But after the project documented far more wasteful spending than expected, senior defense officials moved swiftly to kill it by discrediting and suppressing the results.

The report, issued in January 2015, identified “a clear path” for the Defense Department to save $125 billion over five years. The plan would not have required layoffs of civil servants or reductions in military personnel. Instead, it would have streamlined the bureaucracy through attrition and early retirements, curtailed high-priced contractors and made better use of information technology.

The study was produced last year by the Defense Business Board, a federal advisory panel of corporate executives, and consultants from McKinsey and Company. Based on reams of personnel and cost data, their report revealed for the first time that the Pentagon was spending almost a quarter of its $580 billion budget on overhead and core business operations such as accounting, human resources, logistics and property management.

2300-1-PENTAGON1113.jpg?uuid=oW59zLtIEeaueb7HLTT4yQ

*Not whole article, more found at link* 

10 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Holy shit... Mattis has a steep slope of incompetence and corruption to climb. 

I read the whole story yesterday, DDS Robert Work (who ordered the study) and the Pentagon chiefs feared that cuts to "The Fourth Estate" would result in further cuts in the Pentagon budget, so they buried the study.

The amount of deadbeats sucking on the taxpayers tit via the DOD budget budget is staggering, and even more sickening in how these fucks have repeatedly ignored producing reports with the idea they would wait and let things pass until the next SECDEF came to the position.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!! 

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I agree.  Lets fix this shit.  Why was it allowed to be buried for the bush and obama years is just as big of an issue.

It goes on way before Bush and Obama,

Ike delivered this speech on January 17th, 1961

23 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

all part of a "good old boy" network where everyone scratches each others backs. doesn't just happen in DOD either. so let's see what the donald does about it, rather than just throw more money at it.

What did Obambi do with it for the last 8 years?

13 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

What did Obambi do with it for the last 8 years?

Well Sheepr, if ya read even the snip in the OP, you would have seen the report only came out less than a year ago....so I dunno where you're getting this "8 years" crap.

8 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Well Sheepr, if ya read even the snip in the OP, you would have seen the report only came out less than a year ago....so I dunno where you're getting this "8 years" crap.

They knew long before that. If they didn't, they are utterly and totally incompetent. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

They knew long before that. If they didn't, they are utterly and totally incompetent. 

Likely, but I'm not going to hold it against Obama for not doing anything about it when he took office - if he was even aware of how bad it was.  The article says the people who commissioned the report were even surprised at how bad it is.  In 2008 America was involved in two foreign wars and a year later the economy tanked.  Overhauling the Dept of Defence would have been seen as an attack on it by Obama.  The right wing conspiracy theorists would have been all over the foreign born Muslim President "dismantling" your military.

7 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Likely, but I'm not going to hold it against Obama for not doing anything about it when he took office - if he was even aware of how bad it was.  The article says the people who commissioned the report were even surprised at how bad it is.  In 2008 America was involved in two foreign wars and a year later the economy tanked.  Overhauling the Dept of Defence would have been seen as an attack on it by Obama.  The right wing conspiracy theorists would have been all over the foreign born Muslim President "dismantling" your military.

He wasn't elected POTUS to make the easy decision or be everyone's favorite buddy... He was there to do the job bestowed upon him by the American people. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He wasn't elected POTUS to make the easy decision or be everyone's favorite buddy... He was there to do the job bestowed upon him by the American people. 

Too bad Congress didn't hear your speech 

7 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Too bad. Maybe we will get someone with a spine soon. Maybe Trump won't "drain the swamp", but someone sure as shit should. 

Sorry you think your boy Obama gets a pass, but I don't. Not over popularity and mean things that some retard gapped tooth hillbilly on the far right might say. Good cop out and deflection though. 

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

I wish I could say something before XLT.  But he's buying and owning asses in here well enough.  And you look like a chump, "I'm not gonna hold it against Obama..."

:handjob:

19 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

And another pass from the left.

Edited by Sleepr2

8 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

all part of a "good old boy" network where everyone scratches each others backs. doesn't just happen in DOD either. so let's see what the donald does about it, rather than just throw more money at it.

How would clinton of handled it?

Edited by MiSledder