Check your account email address ×

it's getting almost time

01mxz800

Well the chill has been the air, and it's almost time to go out and pound trails signs so I figured it was time to put doors back on and wash the gardening crud off her and get ready for the trail work season

20200919_112900.jpg

20200919_112914.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'm putting the plow frame back on my RZR on Monday and oil change.

I am going to put a plow on this one just haven't decided on which one to get, just did my 1st service 

27 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I have the Denali plow it cost a little more than the Polaris plow but it is thicker guage steel.

20200321_144300~3.jpg

leaning towards the Denali, don't need a plow as I have 2 plow trucks and tractor but getting tired of trucks and tractor tearing up the driveway and figure the wheeler would not do that

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I pay a guy to plow my drive usually done before i wake up . or when I am out of town snowmobiling . fuck all that pushing snow around bullshit  

I am a plow guy just tired of tearing up the driveway with full size plow 

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

leaning towards the Denali, don't need a plow as I have 2 plow trucks and tractor but getting tired of trucks and tractor tearing up the driveway and figure the wheeler would not do that

I have a truck too I use that for the 1.0 mile drive in but the RZR works so much better inside our driveway and turn-around, tight turn radius is a huge plus.  The trucks taken quite a beating also needs a brace welded back up on the plow frame.  My BIL bought a V-plow for his 3/4 ton last spring so I'll have him take the brunt of the road in.  My poor old Ford 1/2 ton that just won't die lol.

plow truck2.jpg

Cool to start talking about winter.

What the heck are those plows that look like stainless?  I've seen a few on pickups and they appear to looks pretty straight.  Figure they must be a spendy unit.

I would have left the snow if it wasn't for the wife burning my ears.  Seems like the big events always kept happening when I was riding.  I went the plow guy route a few times when I was out of town.  Price was ok, work was junk.  I have a north facing super steep jobber.  Not a good setup for plowing.  Can't climb the drive with snow and the only place to push is down.  Tore the hell out of the driveway and yard.  I spent half the summers fixing damage and regrowing a decent lawn. 

Ended up going with the super expensive option on snow removal.  Radiant snowmelt.  Hurt like hell to write the check.  Feels pretty good now.  The phone conversations are nice and pleasant when I'm gone during a storm.

4 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

I am a plow guy just tired of tearing up the driveway with full size plow 

At my new home I will have to plow I am sure seeing as the drive will be about 200 yards  but for the cost of a atv plow I will just buy one for one of my trucks and prob never take it off.  

5 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I have a truck too I use that for the 1.0 mile drive in but the RZR works so much better inside our driveway and turn-around, tight turn radius is a huge plus.  The trucks taken quite a beating also needs a brace welded back up on the plow frame.  My BIL bought a V-plow for his 3/4 ton last spring so I'll have him take the brunt of the road in.  My poor old Ford 1/2 ton that just won't die lol.

plow truck2.jpg

We plow with our 95 f150. I put air bags in front last year and it made a huge difference. Mines a 300 6.

1529353592299 (1).jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

We plow with our 95 f150. I put air bags in front last year and it made a huge difference. Mines a 300 6.

1529353592299 (1).jpg

Mines a 302 no cats or mufflers, true duals. In 4 low 2nd gear plowing holding a steady 2500 rpm the whole lake knows when I'm plowing :lol:

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

Mines a 302 no cats or mufflers, true duals. In 4 low 2nd gear plowing holding a steady 2500 rpm the whole lake knows when I'm plowing :lol:

Lol, I had a 93 x cab with the 5.0 and the same exhaust. Great sound but yeah, she barked.