Check your account email address ×

Historic agreement in the ME signed today and CNN barely mention's it on their homepage..

Highmark

10 hours ago, frenchy said:

Why?

Because this is nothing more than window dressing that does not make the region any more 'safe' or 'peaceful' than it was last week. Arab states are more concerned with Iran now than with Israel's stance on Palestinians. In fact Arab nations could give a fuck about Palestine. All this is are 2 political leaders who need a public image boost using what was already happening around them to their advantage for nothing more than a photo opp and political posturing. Anything else? 

The Palestinians are like a justified antifa without the gender reveal confusion.

The rest of the Arabs will only use their cause to further there own.  Still a good move.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, frenchy said:

Why?

Because this is nothing more than window dressing that does not make the region any more 'safe' or 'peaceful' than it was last week. Arab states are more concerned with Iran now than with Israel's stance on Palestinians. In fact Arab nations could give a fuck about Palestine. All this is are 2 political leaders who need a public image boost using what was already happening around them to their advantage for nothing more than a photo opp and political posturing. Anything else? 

So economic relations and no more travel restrictions is just window dressing? really ? 

You trying to claim this will result in zero benefit to the region and will not improve living conditions and economic opportunities for the people of the region.

And with prosperity the will for war goes up I guess in frenchies world.

palistine had their time to make a deal and refused to make any progress. fuck em

trump did an end run around them and left them in the dust. making these agreements is the first step to normalization of the area into an economic opportunity zone.

give it some time and you just might see all parties get on board in some form or another.

20 minutes ago, Roosting said:

So economic relations and no more travel restrictions is just window dressing? really ? 

You trying to claim this will result in zero benefit to the region and will not improve living conditions and economic opportunities for the people of the region.

And with prosperity the will for war goes up I guess in frenchies world.

palistine had their time to make a deal and refused to make any progress. fuck em

trump did an end run around them and left them in the dust. making these agreements is the first step to normalization of the area into an economic opportunity zone.

give it some time and you just might see all parties get on board in some form or another.

economic relations were already established as arab states have become more concerned with iran rather than hating on israel over the last several years.  . 

There was no 'end around' so put your pom poms away and have a bit of self respect. The Arab states long ago kicked palestine to the curb. 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

economic relations were already established as arab states have become more concerned with iran rather than hating on israel over the last several years.  . 

There was no 'end around' so put your pom poms away and have a bit of self respect. The Arab states long ago kicked palestine to the curb. 

So this already happened and was a done deal? just nobody knew it existed.

Making it official was just not needed right. Getting it on paper that the jews and arabs exist and can exist is just window dressing ? and I need some self respect? geesus how high is the horse you ride?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Roosting said:

So this already happened and was a done deal? just nobody knew it existed.

Making it official was just not needed right. Getting it on paper that the jews and arabs exist and can exist is just window dressing ? and I need some self respect? geesus how high is the horse you ride?

no I never said that. All this does is put on paper what was happening in practice. 

And in reality having it on paper really means nothing should one side decide they want to reverse their course of action. 

36 minutes ago, frenchy said:

how did Iran get so powerful to become such a worry . oh thats right  

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

no I never said that. All this does is put on paper what was happening in practice. 

And in reality having it on paper really means nothing should one side decide they want to reverse their course of action. 

It is a little more than window dressing. The Arab's only used the Palestinians as a stick to poke Israel with and now they want to use Israel as a stick to poke Iran with.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is a little more than window dressing. The Arab's only used the Palestinians as a stick to poke Israel with and now they want to use Israel as a stick to poke Iran with.

exactly, so hardly a landmark peace arrangement. 

5 minutes ago, frenchy said:

exactly, so hardly a landmark peace arrangement. 

It is more than anyone else has got out of that region in decades. After the 73 war what cards did the Arab's have to play other than not recognizing Israel? Plus the shear might of Israel and the Arab nations that will sign up is far more than Iran can deal with. I guess Iran can forget it's dream of being the main power in the ME.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is more than anyone else has got out of that region in decades. After the 73 war what cards did the Arab's have to play other than not recognizing Israel? Plus the shear might of Israel and the Arab nations that will sign up is far more than Iran can deal with. I guess Iran can forget it's dream of being the main power in the ME.

let's be honest it's a deal between bit players in the region hardly the power brokers that count, and both have had friendly relations for some time now. If it turns into something greater based on this I will eat crow at that point in time. Until then, ......

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

let's be honest it's a deal between bit players in the region hardly the power brokers that count, and both have had friendly relations for some time now. If it turns into something greater based on this I will eat crow at that point in time. Until then, ......

This

5 hours ago, frenchy said:

That is what makes it a big deal. I don't see how you can think it is not.Getting jews and arabs to agree on anything is difficult getting them to agree and put it in writing is what makes it significant and will lead to more states to hopefully join the prosperity that will come with a united region.

but it's on trump's watch so it is automatically bad bad bad. I'm no huge fan of how he operates but if you look strictly at results he somehow is checking off boxes others have not been able to do 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 8:24 AM, Anler said:

All US media outlets are owned/run by zionists so you get their version of the "news"

thank you FCC.  if you dont fit their format guidlines you dont get licensed. Independent news is imposible today. 

7 minutes ago, Roosting said:

That is what makes it a big deal. I don't see how you can think it is not.Getting jews and arabs to agree on anything is difficult getting them to agree and put it in writing is what makes it significant and will lead to more states to hopefully join the prosperity that will come with a united region.

but it's on trump's watch so it is automatically bad bad bad. I'm no huge fan of how he operates but if you look strictly at results he somehow is checking off boxes others have not been able to do 

Yep, have we heard much from North Korea?  Nope, but according to some, trump had his thumb on the nukes and was going to start WW3

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Roosting said:

I never said it was bad, simply the magnitude/importance of it is being overstated by some. 

I never said it was bad, simply the magnitude/importance of it is being overstated by some. 

But it was laughable to you though. So something in your reasoning is faulty here.

I agree it may or may not lead to anything greater in the region but it is the only such agreement to be done in decades. Getting arabs to agree to recognize the jews is a big deal. Lets see what happens. Do the more extreme groups line up or do they join together in defiance. At what point do they get sick of perpetual war and just agree to disagree and get on with it and benefit mutually. 

Apparently you and cnn agree. It's not the end all be all of peace negotiations but c'mon man... Maybe a little credit where credit is due? How many years worth of career politicians have gone by with zero improvement in middle east?

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This

Good God man... have some respect for yourself...

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 9/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Amazing peace between countries that were already at peace with one another!!!!!

3 hours ago, Roosting said:

Polly want a cracker.

No I’m all set and most see  this for what it is but keep waving your Trump Pom Pom’s.