Check your account email address ×

Ammo prices

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Pretty simple to learn, I started loading shotgun shells in the early 1960's and in the late 60's started loading 44 mag. Have also loaded 40's but not for awhile.

44 mag is what I was thinking on starting with

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was too and 9mm target rounds were not even available a couple months ago. Now they are but like you said 3x normal price. 

I found a place near me that makes ammo and I went over there to see if I could get some. Dude told me they are so backed up they aren't even selling retail. 

I was talking to a co worker about this and he owns a gun range. He has a customer that buys 55 gal drums of ammo when the price is low. Packages it in smaller boxes and sells when the price goes up. He said it’s a nice little side hustle. You need that warehouse with a dock and fork lift fuck face.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sig P320. It’s all I’m using now. Have both the 9 and 10. I prefer Sig to anything else out there. 

dont blame ya. I have a p238 and a p239 . Was looking at a mini sig 45 last weekend but didnt excite me enough to drop the coin.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

dont blame ya. I have a p238 and a p239 . Was looking at a mini sig 45 last weekend but didnt excite me enough to drop the coin.

Spend time with the 320 and it becomes obvious why the army picked it up. There’s nothing it does badly or even mediocre. 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

10mm is such as bad ass round

It is, but because of legal aspects, I wouldn’t CC the 10mm. There’s some judicial precedents established against the 10mm round that should be considered. 

Edited by spin_dry

26 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I was talking to a co worker about this and he owns a gun range. He has a customer that buys 55 gal drums of ammo when the price is low. Packages it in smaller boxes and sells when the price goes up. He said it’s a nice little side hustle. You need that warehouse with a dock and fork lift fuck face.

Think he might need a license to sell though.

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Does he buy the 55 gal drums from China ? or where does he get it ? Do you need a special licence to buy in that type of quantity ?

Edited by Frostynuts

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Does he buy the 55 gal drums from China ? or where does he get it ? Do you need a special licence to buy in that type of quantity ?

He is in the competition shooting scene heavy. Has a dealer license and is a retired fed. I don’t know much more about it other then my co worker is looking into it.  Depending on the ammo it can be 10k to 20k a drum. Takes some upfront cash and a while to make the cash back. My coworker doesn’t have 50k cash to get something like that started. His gun range isn’t open to the public. He has contracts with police departments,Home land security ECT. He also said a bunch of people are doing the repacking game on line. The license and insurance he has doesn’t cover being a ammo dealer in Illinois.  Anler lives in Indiana and the laws are very relaxed compared to Ilanoid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I'm looking

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Thanks fuckers. Gave me the itch. Just spent $80 on ammo and $499 on a sig p320

I was looking at the 320 when I bought my glock. Looking at cz's now. 

56 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Browning ftw

8A7FBC1C-25D1-4C9F-A4DC-80C4C7A8A008.jpeg

You guyz got ladies guns!!! 

Go against this if you wanna'. 

wrong pic, I'll re-post later.

Edited by Guest