Check your account email address ×

ECHO, STIHL, OR HUSQVARNA?

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm a bit leery of cutting on a ladder. My luck, something would go wrong. 

I hear ya.

This ladder base is at least 4 feet wide, very stable but very heavy too. I use it a lot, even when I need to get to my Cell phone amp which is 20 feet up on my 75 foot communications Tower

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I hear ya.

This ladder base is at least 4 feet wide, very stable but very heavy too. I use it a lot, even when I need to get to my Cell phone amp which is 20 feet up on my 75 foot communications Tower

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

Oh the joys of living in a small town. Ran into the owner of my local dealer at the bar last night and turns out he dumped Stihl and now sells Husqvarna. So after a couple vodkas we opened up the shop and I came home with this new Husq 450, 2 chisel chains, a file, and bar oil all for cheaper than any online price I found for just the saw!

IMG_20200906_071254_9.jpg

My wife picked on me for buying the box for the saw. 

29 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Unless you're cutting close to a building with a plug in get a battery powered Pole saw.

I have a 100 foot cord, love my corded pole saw bought it it an estate sale 10 years ago. Fucker winds up like a circular saw.

12 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

My wife picked on me for buying the box for the saw. 

I have 2 now, both came with the saw package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

He threw a tach on it and out of the box this sucker hit 11,700 RPM, she's a ripper!

Good speed. My 026 runs 13,500. Remodeled squish angle, reworked transfers, and matched case, deburred, ceramic coated piston top. Eric Gorr did the work back in “01 when he was my neighbor. The little fucker absolutely screams. I’ve run Red Line kart oil in it since new. Probably why it’s still strong. 

23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good speed. My 026 runs 13,500. Remodeled squish angle, reworked transfers, and matched case, deburred, ceramic coated piston top. Eric Gorr did the work back in “01 when he was my neighbor. The little fucker absolutely screams. I’ve run Red Line kart oil in it since new. Probably why it’s still strong. 

Thats a lot of work to put into a saw.  My favorites are the saws with half a rotax 583 with the RAVE valve, those fuckers are insane.

Dealer says after it breaks in a little, mine should be up around 12,200.  

I should have bought a couple cans of the Husq pre-mix 93 octane, I'll pick some up next week.  Fuel is so important in these high revving small engines, todays gas is so dirty.  In the Remington I've been running gas out of the same can I use to refill the pontoon boat, which is 50:1 91 octane with mystik.

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

Thats a lot of work to put into a saw.  My favorites are the saws with half a rotax 583 with the RAVE valve, those fuckers are insane.

I should have bought a couple cans of the Husq pre-mix 93 octane, I'll pick some up next week.  Fuel is so important in these high revving small engines, todays gas is so dirty.  In the Remington I've been running gas out of the same can I use to refill the pontoon boat, which is 50:1 91 octane with mystik.

You ever see or go to The Lumberjack Village here? They have saws with V-8's, crazy stuff to see there..

https://lumberjackworldchampionships.com/

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

If you use your saw a lot that premix stuff gets expensive. Any good quality premium non-ethanol gas is fine. That and a quality oil. 

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

You ever see or go to The Lumberjack Village here? They have saws with V-8's, crazy stuff to see there..

https://lumberjackworldchampionships.com/

Never been there but I saw videos of the V8 chainsaw lol, I think it took 4 guys to hold the thing lol

• Like 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If you use your saw a lot that premix stuff gets expensive. Any good quality premium non-ethanol gas is fine. That and a quality oil. 

Can't buy non ethanol in mass unless you get race gas, ridiculous. 

I just get a gallon of premix and it lasts most of the season. Weedwhacker and leaf blower get the most use. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Can't buy non ethanol in mass unless you get race gas, ridiculous. 

I just get a gallon of premix and it lasts most of the season. Weedwhacker and leaf blower get the most use. 

I just filled the M2 with non-ethanol, 92 octane yesterday. Right from a local gas station, dummy.