Check your account email address ×

Here’s a guy that made a good investment

to be clear, getting invited to invest in a company when their valuation is that low is a friends-and-family type ordeal.  One of my side gigs is venture funding startups in silicon valley.  We do lots of seed and angel investing like this.  It's 100% networking.  Not really stuff that the public ever has a chance to invest in unless they join a fund or two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt said:

to be clear, getting invited to invest in a company when their valuation is that low is a friends-and-family type ordeal.  One of my side gigs is venture funding startups in silicon valley.  We do lots of seed and angel investing like this.  It's 100% networking.  Not really stuff that the public ever has a chance to invest in unless they join a fund or two.

I give him credit.  I never understood the whole UBER business model.  What in hell do I know?  :lol: 

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I give him credit.  I never understood the whole UBER business model.  What in hell do I know?  :lol: 

Parking at O’hare is really expensive. We always use Uber to and from the airport for trips. It’s popular in the city here as well. Really easy to use and all good experiences so far.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Parking at O’hare is really expensive. We always use Uber to and from the airport for trips. It’s popular in the city here as well. Really easy to use and all good experiences so far.

Until you get that arab driver who smells like he never wipes his ass. But that goes the same for cab drivers. 

40 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Uber and Lyft are 1000x better than the cabs but the money being made by the guy in the streets isn't good but people fail to account for the real costs of driving their vehicle.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Uber is awesome, most of the drivers I have had have been great. To hell with Taxis. 

12 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

To bad he is a cheater. Guy is a piece of shit, deserves to be spit on..

I give him a pass on the cheating. He held out as long as he could when he was with team Motorola. What I don’t give him a pass on is how he treated the good people around him. He ruined reputations to hide his game. That’s psychopathic. 

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I give him a pass on the cheating. He held out as he could when he was with team Motorola. What I don’t give him a pass on is how he treated the good people around him. He ruined reputations to hide his game. That’s psychopathic. 

I do remember reading some articles about that...pretty bad behavior on his part. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I do remember reading some articles about that...pretty bad behavior on his part. 

He literally destroyed some friends and professional acquaintances both financially and reputation wise. They were with him from the Motorola days. He’s such a complicated fucker. He did a tremendous amount of good for cancer patients including kids. Unfortunately everything was destroyed by the lies. 

• Like 1