Check your account email address ×

Today in 1963

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Edmo said:

My cuz posted this pic on FB today. My uncle was a union activist and civil rights guy in the 60’s. He is on the left. The guy on the right looks familiar but I don’t know who he is. My aunt and MLK in the middle.

C5DEEB21-1CC1-4A76-8101-48A6E275A3F2.jpeg

Wow...great picture! 👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My cuz posted this pic on FB today. My uncle was a union activist and civil rights guy in the 60’s. He is on the left. The guy on the right looks familiar but I don’t know who he is. My aunt and MLK in the middle.

C5DEEB21-1CC1-4A76-8101-48A6E275A3F2.jpeg

Very cool! :bc: 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wow...great picture! 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Very cool! :bc: 

Thanks. My uncle was a very well connected dude. He personally knew just about everyone in local politics with a D in front. Worked for the UAW over 40 years.

MLK had respect and he deserved and earned it. He advanced the cause of black people beyond any thing any other person has ever. The reason he had success is because he used a very persuasive argument, not violence. Nobody hears violence and destruction, they only see it and it does not advance any cause, it creates an even larger wedge than had previously existed.What is going on right now is serving to destroy all Dr. King built. Sad times in the USA and it is ALL the direct cause of the democratic party of america.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I always thought it was ironic that when Malcom X was killed nothing happened. When MLK was murdered America exploded in rioting. It took the riots before real change happened with civil rights. Nothing really changes in America without violence. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I always thought it was ironic that when Malcom X was killed nothing happened. When MLK was murdered America exploded in rioting. It took the riots before real change happened with civil rights. Nothing really changes in America without violence. 

Nothing changed then

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

MLK was trying to follow in Ghandi's shoes. Non violence approach is the only thing that ever beat the British empire. 

17 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

MLK was trying to follow in Ghandi's shoes. Non violence approach is the only thing that ever beat the British empire. 

The difference between then and now is that Kings cause was noble and just, what these BLM and antifa scum represent is anything but noble or just.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

The Americans would not have thrown off British rule without France......Ghandi got rid of the British by making cloth and other peaceful means. No shots fired.

Whatever all that means. Eye roll.  Truth is America was a county founded in violence. It’s in our genes. Want something to change? Kill it, burn it, incarcerate it, or stick it on a reservation with pride. Domination and mischief making. 

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Whatever all that means. Eye roll.  Truth is America was a county founded in violence. It’s in our genes. Want something to change? Kill it, burn it, incarcerate it, or stick it on a reservation with pride. Domination and mischief making. 

Well we were British subjects....who has been more violent than the British?

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Well we were British subjects....who has been more violent than the British?

True. Although they did meet their match in Afghanistan. Slaughter 16,000 and leave one survivor to tell the tale. Fucking ingenious. That’s one nasty case of survivor’s guilt 

https://www.thoughtco.com/britains-disastrous-retreat-from-kabul-1773762