Check your account email address ×

Fuck Goodyear.

lol well if you were we would have been in the same class at school ,irwin and irvine are 2 family names still there.dad use to visit the bootlegger in actinolite  back in the day, use to get me to roll his cigs on the drive up there,vogue papers and players tobacco

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have been trying to find a good used Tundra around here...fuck they sure don’t give those away!! Pretty much the same for all used trucks but the Toys command a premium over the domestics.

Inventory is way down around here. Prices are high for even junk. I recently sold a BMW for $3800 more than I paid for it 4 months ago. A little sweat equity and new tires is all I added. I also sold the sienna two weeks ago for $5100 with 240,000 miles. I bought it three years ago for $2k and put less than $600 worth of parts into it. It’s a crazy market right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’ll probably have to start buying their tires even though they suck. I’ll support anyone who opposes the piece of fucking trash Trump and his cult of fucking morons

You're emotionally frustrated like a dull unwanted child 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, franks pond said:

lol well if you were we would have been in the same class at school ,irwin and irvine are 2 family names still there.dad use to visit the bootlegger in actinolite  back in the day, use to get me to roll his cigs on the drive up there,vogue papers and players tobacco

LOL. My Dad told me a story, of course when I was much older, about the bootlegger. It must have been on a Sunday when we visited this lady (if it's the same bootlegger?) Dad knocked on her door inquiring about some booze and she flat out denied having or selling any. My Dad laughed his ass off because he knew she didn't recognize him. When she heard his laugh, the look on her face was priceless. Needless to say we got the booze we were seeking and they had a great convo.

My dad also told me he got into some moonshine from down there once and it paralyzed him so bad he couldn't move. This was at a dance someplace? I haven't been down that way in likely over 25+ yrs? Time marches on and life gets busy, unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, franks pond said:

lol thats her little house right on the hwy ,it was sundays we would go,when i got a bit older and started to clue in i would pull the spark plug caps off the car so the old man couldnt go anywhere

Yep, and IIRC, her name was Elanor? I couldn't begin to tell you how many yrs ago that was but it was quite a few! I still have some good memories, especially when being a kid when I'd visit my Grandparents. My grandfather worked for lines and stations and would build my sister and I wicked swings sets out of the old poles he used to get. He loved fishing for Muskies out of the Skootamatta river behind his place and would nail the heads on the poles. Of course my sister didn't think it was very cool, but I did. :D

so you must of fed the bears at prices lol i would always save the last few ounces of coke and hand it to them,dad pulled out his old steel rod and rusty spinner and caught a few musky right at prices ,i went to school with the bootleggers son allan,crazy fucker, he and one of his buddies grabbed my wifes cousin of the street looking for cash and drugs,a few years later after jeff filled out and had a 30ft wall of arm wrestling trophy,s he met them again at the bar in tweed,not good for them

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Always ran duratracs on the work truck.  Had intentions of putting some Goodyear MTR’s but after reading MC’s thread I chose something else today.  Got 8 work trucks and numerous big rigs that will get tires over the next year.  No more Goodyear’s unless they change their hate filled policies

06319B80-FEEC-404B-8CED-5479FDF26754.jpeg

We have great luck with Michelins on our semi's, so don't rule out Michelin! 

2 hours ago, franks pond said:

so you must of fed the bears at prices lol i would always save the last few ounces of coke and hand it to them,dad pulled out his old steel rod and rusty spinner and caught a few musky right at prices ,i went to school with the bootleggers son allan,crazy fucker, he and one of his buddies grabbed my wifes cousin of the street looking for cash and drugs,a few years later after jeff filled out and had a 30ft wall of arm wrestling trophy,s he met them again at the bar in tweed,not good for them

I don't recall ever doing that and I am not sure what Price's is? A house or an establishment? The only time I remember seeing the bears was in Huntsville when my dad was working construction building the Kimberly Clark plant. I was likely 5-7 then? 

Glad to hear the boys got what was coming to them. 

13 hours ago, irv said:

I'm going with these very soon on my 13 Ram. Reviews sound great and because I have dedicated Cooper snows, these should fit the bill nicely.

https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-srx

I should have purchased these back in the spring as they have now gone up a $100 bucks. I inquired about them today as they are no longer in the pamphlet but was told they can still get them? I think they came out in 14-15 so I am not sure why they are no longer being made or advertised? 

Edited by irv

Prices was the restaurant gas station bus depot just east of hwy 7 and 37 ,mother bear was killed crossing the rd In front ,the owner built an enclosure for the cubs .they lived there for years ,buster and bandi were their names ask your dad he may remember

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

Some of their tires sure do wear fast.   Couldn't get 30K on the Dmax on them. Toyo's easily go over 50K.  Open country R/T's. 

I don't know if all 8 went the same way, but 5 of them developed bubbles like you over-inflated them.  

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

All of that shit should be banned.  It's work not a political rally. Politics has zero need to be in the workplace

Bingo.  

3 hours ago, franks pond said:

Prices was the restaurant gas station bus depot just east of hwy 7 and 37 ,mother bear was killed crossing the rd In front ,the owner built an enclosure for the cubs .they lived there for years ,buster and bandi were their names ask your dad he may remember

Interesting. I don't believe I ever heard word of that nor was ever there? Mom was a worry wart so maybe she didn't tell us because she didn't want us near the bears? I'll ask my dad for sure. 

Thanks. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member

The only Goodyear tires I ever had came stock on my 85 Iroc Z.......Gatorbacks and they wore out real quick, especially front outer edges, down to the threads in no time and it wasn't an alignment issue.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:34 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have been trying to find a good used Tundra around here...fuck they sure don’t give those away!! Pretty much the same for all used trucks but the Toys command a premium over the domestics.

the toyota cult is strong.    I'd just buy a 4-5 old ram hemi.   they seem to have finally fixed the rust issues and the interior and economy is way better than a Tundra for a lot less money.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

the toyota cult is strong.    I'd just buy a 4-5 old ram hemi.   they seem to have finally fixed the rust issues and the interior and economy is way better than a Tundra for a lot less money.  

Toyota owners all came from other brands. They stay for the quality and reliability.

I loved everyone of my 4 Toyotas.

14 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The only Goodyear tires I ever had came stock on my 85 Iroc Z.......Gatorbacks and they wore out real quick, especially front outer edges, down to the threads in no time and it wasn't an alignment issue.

My uncle had an iroc with gatorbacks. Wouldn't even spin them 😂

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yep...been looking at those as well...on a side note my buddy dropped off his Super Duty yesterday for an oil change and few other things and when I was picking him up I checked out trucks on the lot...Super Duty Platinum 6.7 Diesel...81,000 sticker...holy fuck! 😜

On 8/20/2020 at 8:07 AM, irv said:

I've used Cooper tires for quite a few years now (mostly snows) and have really liked everything about them. I had a bit of a scare, twice, last weekend coming home from the trailer in the rain so it is definitely time to get rid of my current Goodyear's and purchase these. My father purchased a set for his Allure a couple 2-3 years ago and said they were likely the smoothest, best handling tire he has ever owned. He is 81 yrs old so for him to say that, it means something.

I have Goodyears on my GMC and although I always liked them before, they are a bit slick in the rain. 35k miles and starting to show wear. I had them on my previous Denali and truck before that and at 65K they looked about the same. Apparently some OEMs specify less tread depth for off the line trucks.

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

I have Goodyears on my GMC and although I always liked them before, they are a bit slick in the rain. 35k miles and starting to show wear. I had them on my previous Denali and truck before that and at 65K they looked about the same. Apparently some OEMs specify less tread depth for off the line trucks.

Yeah they always have. 90% of new cars sold the tires last 35k max.

7 minutes ago, s pump said:

yes I had an issue with a Honda Pilot because of that and the AWD system

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes I had an issue with a Honda Pilot because of that and the AWD system

I actually think the all wheel drive in the Denali help tires last. Same with the Audi. Tires lasted forever on those. I can feel these tires trying to let loose under hard acceleration. Course, I do have the mighty 6.2 on board.

7 minutes ago, s pump said:

I actually think the all wheel drive in the Denali help tires last. Same with the Audi. Tires lasted forever on those. I can feel these tires trying to let loose under hard acceleration. Course, I do have the mighty 6.2 on board.

in this case there was a suspension issue covered under warranty that caused uneven wear and they would not pay to replace all 4 tires to meet the proper depth requirements of the AWD system. new ones had more depth than factory so the 2 good OEM tires could not be used with 2 new from manufacturer tires.   Fuckers.  

Edited by Angry ginger

30 minutes ago, s pump said:

Mine are still the stockers but since I have dedicated snows, I am unsure the amount of miles that are actually on them? 2 times, like I mentioned, they went squirrely on me. Once was when it hadn't been raining all that long so knowing roads are the most slippery at that time, it wasn't a totally surprise but later, after it had been raining for a while, when I went out to pass, without actually kicking it down too hard, it went squirrely on me again. Needless to say I didn't pass too many from there on in the rest of the way home. I know they are down to 5/32's as I just measured them not long ago so they are due to be changed, but this was the first time they have reacted like this.