Check your account email address ×

Fuck Goodyear.

49 minutes ago, irv said:

I've used Cooper tires for quite a few years now (mostly snows) and have really liked everything about them. I had a bit of a scare, twice, last weekend coming home from the trailer in the rain so it is definitely time to get rid of my current Goodyear's and purchase these. My father purchased a set for his Allure a couple 2-3 years ago and said they were likely the smoothest, best handling tire he has ever owned. He is 81 yrs old so for him to say that, it means something.

you at crowe in marmora

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’ll probably have to start buying their tires even though they suck. I’ll support anyone who opposes the piece of fucking trash Trump and his cult of fucking morons

Yes, we all know about you and your knee jerk reactions.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

I just put those tires on my truck. 

A lot of guys I know run them on the gravel roads in Northern Maine for puncture resistance from the shale, and they get good life out of them.

I run KO2 BFGoodrichs which are getting more common up there, the guys running duratracs don't do a lot of pavement miles I find as they tend to wear a lot quicker. I love the 10 ply BFGs on my tundra, great on shale, dirt, snow, and really every surface except deep mud. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

We call them Good-4-A-Year down on the farm.  

Some of their tires sure do wear fast.   Couldn't get 30K on the Dmax on them. Toyo's easily go over 50K.  Open country R/T's. 

Edited by Highmark

In 2018 their stock price was over $35.00....now under $10.00.   They got bigger fish to fry than sticking their nose in the political correctness game. 

Just now, irv said:

Yes, going on 15 yrs now. You? 

buddy just retired and bought the mansion on the cliff directly across from the boat launch in town,got invited over for a pontoon rip,cool little river system and lake,never knew what was going on there,lot nicer than stoco lake in tweed

1 minute ago, franks pond said:

buddy just retired and bought the mansion on the cliff directly across from the boat launch in town,got invited over for a pontoon rip,cool little river system and lake,never knew what was going on there,lot nicer than stoco lake in tweed

I haven't been down to boat launch/dam area in a couple/few years now so I can't recall the mansion you're talking about? The river system is pretty cool for sure, even going up Beaver creek is a nice boat ride. I assume you seen the sand bar at the mouth of the river just before you go out into the lake? Very popular spot on a hot summer day. I just wouldn't want to own one of those cottages right there though! 

SDC10031 (Large).JPG

SDC10033.JPG

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’ll probably have to start buying their tires even though they suck. I’ll support anyone who opposes the piece of fucking trash Trump and his cult of fucking morons

I'll never own another Goodyear product.

They, BLM and you can go fuck yourself!

:D

• Haha 1

Here we are in a major pandemic, parents and teachers are seriously concerned about sending their kids back to school. 14 million Americans are out of work and what’s the president worried about.....his political trinkets can’t be worn at a workplace.

Hes the laziest dumbfuck of all time.

TIC TOC

2 minutes ago, franks pond said:

seen the sandbar yes,great fishing, caught a walleye and pike just fucking around lol.buddy,s sister bought a cottage near the mouth guess the hubby bought a 200,000 dollar boat to go with it

I also have a buddy who now lives about 5 cottages in from the mouth. He and his wife sold their house, I believe in Durham Region somewhere, and decided to move there full time. Both are retired now so they decided this was the best. They have relatives along the same side beside each other and a good friend of mine's grandparents own the very first cottage on your left as you're coming into the river. I should have bought a cottage on that river 15 yrs ago but of course, with hindsight being 20/20, that is easy to say now.

36 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

I run KO2 BFGoodrichs which are getting more common up there, the guys running duratracs don't do a lot of pavement miles I find as they tend to wear a lot quicker. I love the 10 ply BFGs on my tundra, great on shale, dirt, snow, and really every surface except deep mud. 

I live in southern Maine but am from the Millinocket area and spend a lot of time up on the Golden Road. The most common tire I see up there are actually the Goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure with kevlar, but I liked the looks of the duratracs and know plenty of people who run them.

BFG KOs were on my short list also.

I have a Tundra also, it is amazes me how many Toyota's I see in the North Maine Woods now... Also plenty of Subaru's with CT plates....

• Gold Member

Always ran duratracs on the work truck.  Had intentions of putting some Goodyear MTR’s but after reading MC’s thread I chose something else today.  Got 8 work trucks and numerous big rigs that will get tires over the next year.  No more Goodyear’s unless they change their hate filled policies

06319B80-FEEC-404B-8CED-5479FDF26754.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

I live in southern Maine but am from the Millinocket area and spend a lot of time up on the Golden Road. The most common tire I see up there are actually the Goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure with kevlar, but I liked the looks of the duratracs and know plenty of people who run them.

I have a Tundra also, it is amazes me how many Toyota's I see in the North Maine Woods now... Also plenty of Subaru's with CT plates....

Yeah I'm from Guilford area originally and spend a lot of time up there also, most of my buds from up there run Duratracs since they don't do a lot of pavement miles. Definitely a lot of Tacoma's and Tundras for sure, Northern Mainers are smart people that's why! :lol:

And yeah at least you don't see those Subis much inside the gate, we went up rafting last weekend and the amount of cars and mini vans doing 20 or less on the Golden road was mind numbing... :flush:

47 minutes ago, irv said:

I also have a buddy who now lives about 5 cottages in from the mouth. He and his wife sold their house, I believe in Durham Region somewhere, and decided to move there full time. Both are retired now so they decided this was the best. They have relatives along the same side beside each other and a good friend of mine's grandparents own the very first cottage on your left as you're coming into the river. I should have bought a cottage on that river 15 yrs ago but of course, with hindsight being 20/20, that is easy to say now.

my dad was land supervisor  at the old lands and forest (mnr)tweed ,he was tasked with selling lots on the lakes north of seven,this was in the seventies 500 bucks a shot,He was not able to buy any (conflict of interest)he tried getting my aunts and uncles to scoop a few up but no takers lol

Just now, franks pond said:

my dad was land supervisor  at the old lands and forest (mnr)tweed ,he was tasked with selling lots on the lakes north of seven,this was in the seventies 500 bucks a shot,He was not able to buy any (conflict of interest)he tried getting my aunts and uncles to scoop a few up but no takers lol

Wow. Likely $500 was a lot of money back then though. My Mom and Dad are from Tweed and Actinlolite. Small world. 

1 hour ago, MILFMAN said:

I have been trying to find a good used Tundra around here...fuck they sure don’t give those away!! Pretty much the same for all used trucks but the Toys command a premium over the domestics.

1 minute ago, franks pond said:

really,whats the last name,ive lived in tweed from 64 to 85 moved back in 2000

My mom's maiden name was Speck and my dad's, Irvin. I was born in 64 and was born in Oshawa so they obviously weren't down there then.

Nannie 024.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, here is their new cooperate policy, so I say Fuck them too.

image.thumb.png.a476eb534fafe2dcf7ed4ae787a556b0.png

https://www.nbc15.com/2020/08/18/goodyear-employees-say-new-zero-tolerance-policy-is-discriminatory/

All of that shit should be banned.  It's work not a political rally. Politics has zero need to be in the workplace

• Like 2