Check your account email address ×

Obama a 'piker' compared to these Republicans on spending

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I left the republican party about 16 years ago becuase of this very reason 

2003 for me when we decided to invade Iraq. I still have my Snowmobilers for Bush bumper sticker because back then the tree huggers were trying to kick us out of Yellowstone and close other land use areas. Record spending, Patriot Act and then the invasion of Iraq I was like WTF? I actually supported Pat Buchanan in the 2000 election but they ran him off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

2003 for me when we decided to invade Iraq. I still have my Snowmobilers for Bush bumper sticker because back then the tree huggers were trying to kick us out of Yellowstone and close other land use areas. Record spending, Patriot Act and then the invasion of Iraq I was like WTF? I actually supported Pat Buchanan in the 2000 election but they ran him off. 

sadly I still voted for Bush, McCain, Romney and Trump because there was nothing better.  None of whom i supported during the NH primaries although I was OK with Romney as he did a decent job in Mass.  Hardest vote was for Orange Jesus.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sadly the GOP is no longer fiscally conservative but honestly the other side is worse when it comes to spending. 

Still love to see a Rand Paul/Ben Crenshaw ticket in 2024.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Sadly the GOP is no longer fiscally conservative but honestly the other side is worse when it comes to spending. 

Yep, fiscal conservative should never be used to describe either party any longer.

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, fiscal conservative should never be used to describe either party any longer.

Reality is without 60 votes in the Senate its impossible to be fiscally sound and not enough American's like govt shutdowns.  Same people who cry about spending cry about govt shutdowns.    People also have to understand that mandatory spending makes up 60% of the budget.   Takes an act of God to get that reduced.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sadly the GOP is no longer fiscally conservative but honestly the other side is worse when it comes to spending

Actually that is not true. republicans are the big spenders. 

Just now, Anler said:

Actually that is not true. republicans are the big spenders. 

So the GOP wants to double the govt budget with UHC?

Again, lack of understanding of what makes up the budget.   

Just now, Highmark said:

So the GOP wants to double the govt budget with UHC?

Again, lack of understanding of what makes up the budget.   

If that is all that matters to you then I see why you support the big spenders. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

If that is all that matters to you then I see why you support the big spenders. 

No.   I look at both history of what a party did and what the party is proposing in the future.   Between the Green New deal, UHC and many other things the dems want to spend trillions and trillions more.   

I'm also smart enough to understand the difference between D and M spending.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

No.   I look at both history of what a party did and what the party is proposing in the future.   Between the Green New deal, UHC and many other things the dems want to spend trillions and trillions more.   

Well the reality is we cant really afford our current expenditures much less new ones. So you keep making excuses for the people who are supposed to be "conservative" and Im sure things will get better. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Well, one time spending compared to programs that spend more in the years going forward seems to be the difference to me.

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sadly I still voted for Bush, McCain, Romney and Trump because there was nothing better.  None of whom i supported during the NH primaries although I was OK with Romney as he did a decent job in Mass.  Hardest vote was for Orange Jesus.  

You may as well have voted for Hillary you libtard

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well the reality is we cant really afford our current expenditures much less new ones. So you keep making excuses for the people who are supposed to be "conservative" and Im sure things will get better. 

I completely agree.   I'm not making excuses for the party but I'll make a point why one side is still a more fiscally conservative choice than the other based on the programs they are advocating for now and in the future.

Reality is we have to do something about mandatory spending of which neither party has the nuts to do.  Defense while out of had is still only about 17% of the total budget.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I completely agree.   I'm not making excuses for the party but I'll make a point why one side is still a more fiscally conservative choice than the other based on the programs they are advocating for.

Reality is we have to do something about mandatory spending of which neither party has the nuts to do.  Defense while out of had is still only about 17% of the total budget.  

Deficits go up more under the last 2 republican adminstrations. They pretend to be fiscally conservative to get elected but thats about as far as that goes. You can argue about who wants to spend what where but republicans arent the least bit fiscally conservative or even at least more fiscally conservative. they are whores. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Deficits go up more under the last 2 republican adminstrations. They pretend to be fiscally conservative to get elected but thats about as far as that goes. You can argue about who wants to spend what where but republicans arent the least bit fiscally conservative or even at least more fiscally conservative. they are whores. 

So it didn't go up under Obama?

The GOP is not legislating conservatively.....I'll give you that but the alternative is worse.  I've been saying that for years.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/bidens-spending-proposals-could-top-10-trillion-draws-ire-trump-campaign

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Me too if we could look at her on the campaign trail!! 😂😂😂

IMG_5539.JPG.f490dd4330ebb82439564cb3340d5aa6.JPG

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So it didn't go up under Obama?

The GOP is not legislating conservatively.....I'll give you that but the alternative is worse.  I've been saying that for years.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/bidens-spending-proposals-could-top-10-trillion-draws-ire-trump-campaign

You are picking between losers. And either way, youll get a loser.