Check your account email address ×

Flag Protection Act

BOHICA

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Romney should have never met with Trump. I always respected Romney but lost it all when he kowtowed back to Trump. He does not need Trump

clearly he does,  Mitt lost Donnie won.  Trump FTW

And you motherfucked Romney every chance you had over the years like you do every Pub.  Romney was the best choice by far in 2012 and yet you were lined up right there with the rest of the liberal obie supporters

Who knew Romney could be bought for a meal?

The Hill ‏@thehill 21m21 minutes ago
WATCH: Romney gives Trump high praise after private dinner meeting http://hill.cm/hoouQ02

Cygx-O0XAAAnim6.jpg

Mitt Romney ‏@MittRomney Mar 3
If Trump had said 4 years ago the things he says today about the KKK, Muslims, Mexicans, disabled, I would NOT have accepted his endorsement

Mitt Romney @MittRomney 7 Oct 2016
Hitting on married women? Condoning assault? Such vile degradations demean our wives and daughters and corrupt America's face to the world

Khary Penebaker ‏@kharyp 10h10 hours ago
"Here’s what I know. #DonaldTrump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from #TrumpUniversity." - @MittRomney #SoS

christine teigen ‏@chrissyteigen 11h11 hours ago
"But yes I'll have the crab cakes"

CyeXdc7UQAAslAu.jpg

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

It's freedom of speech, bottom line.

If you don't like the Constitution, maybe you should fucking leave. 

Sure is.............Great Country, huh?

Where else can you  :finger:  to a Country that is oppressing you.

37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Thats totally different you actually picked his mother out to shit on

That hypothetical reveals how some people view this country and its flag.

It is as dear to them as a parent. It is beyond criticism like a parent, and in the rare occasion it is criticized for a mistake, it is done while assigning completely pure motives to that mistake. 

It's not a healthy relationship when you make excuses for an abuser and pretend they're abusing you for your own good.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Last year was the Confederate flag.....this year the American flag. Pretty soon the only PC flags will be the Rainbow flag and the ISIS flag. :flush:

The fucking issues some people have with simple symbols :lol:

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

It is as dear to them as a parent. It is beyond criticism like a parent, and in the rare occasion it is criticized for a mistake, it is done while assigning completely pure motives to that mistake. 

It's not a healthy relationship when you make excuses for an abuser and pretend they're abusing you for your own good.

Just because you do not feel the same affinity for the flag does not mean that it does not hold a value that is different for others. An open and free willed thinker would not criticize someone for their open and free willed choice to see the flag as a symbol of something greater just because you do not. You may see the flag as a symbol of oppression or lack thereof of symbology, but why is it if another man does not associate the bad this country has done with the flag that their opinion is therefor irrelevant? Who is to say what they associate the flag with? Who is to say their thinking is lesser than yours? A hierarchy of worth is a pretty fascist thing to support.. :wacko:

56 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Very true. We literally had God & Country beat into us as kids.

my Dad came back fucked up from Vietnam.  Watched my Dad go ballistic on a guy for not stopping and standing at attention during a memorial day anthem at Disney.  Kind of scary as a kid and has always stayed with me.  

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Just because you do not feel the same affinity for the flag does not mean that it does not hold a value that is different for others. An open and free willed thinker would not criticize someone for their open and free willed choice to see the flag as a symbol of something greater just because you do not. You may see the flag as a symbol of oppression or lack thereof of symbology, but why is it if another man does not associate the bad this country has done with the flag that their opinion is therefor irrelevant? Who is to say what they associate the flag with? Who is to say their thinking is lesser than yours? A hierarchy of worth is a pretty fascist thing to support.. :wacko:

I will always criticize those who fail to criticize their government out of an unhealthy and misplaced love of country. 

I criticize this country not because I loathe it, but because I love it. I know it can be so much better than it is. How can we improve if we don't know and accept where we are deficient?

Edited by motonoggin

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I will always criticize those who fail to criticize their government out of an unhealthy and misplaced love of country. 

Why does criticizing the symbol have to be equivalent to criticizing the country? Why can't the symbol represent the good without the bad in someone's opinion? Who are you to determine what is a proper line of thinking in regards to outcries against the govt?

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why does criticizing the symbol have to be equivalent to criticizing the country? Why can't the symbol represent the good without the bad in someone's opinion? Who are you to determine what is a proper line of thinking in regards to outcries against the govt?

Because by only treating it as a symbol of good, you ignore all the bad that has been done under it. 

I am willing to acknowledge the good it represents, if you will accept the bad it represents. Only then can we work together to fix it. 

6 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Because by only treating it as a symbol of good, you ignore all the bad that has been done under it. 

I am willing to acknowledge the good it represents, if you will accept the bad it represents. Only then can we work together to fix it. 

That is a way of thinking. You can use it as a symbol of hope and still criticize the govt without denigrating the flag itself. That is a specious argument. A symbol does not have to mean the same to all. 

That is a way of thinking. You can use it as a symbol of hope and still criticize the govt without denigrating the flag itself. That is a specious argument. A symbol does not have to mean the same to all. 

Which is why some people will burn it, which is their right. 

And some people will have sex with it, which is their right. 

If you object to people burning it, stop letting your government do repugnant shit under its colors. 

I object to people ignoring that repugnant shit, but I'm not calling for a loss of their citizenship if they don't agree. I don't want to change the way you feel about the flag, I just want this country to truly live up to the ideals it purports to represent so I can join you in that reverence with a clear conscience.

If we hold her accountable like we should, no one would want to burn the flag. 

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Which is why some people will burn it, which is their right. 

And some people will have sex with it, which is their right. 

If you object to people burning it, stop letting your government do repugnant shit under its colors. 

I object to people ignoring that repugnant shit, but I'm not calling for a loss of their citizenship if they don't agree. I don't want to change the way you feel about the flag, I just want this country to truly live up to the ideals it purports to represent so I can join you in that reverence with a clear conscience.

If we hold her accountable like we should, no one would want to burn the flag. 

I don't like when people burn it, but I stand with their right to do so. But you cannot define the symbolic reaction for someone else. That is impeding freedom just the same as telling someone they can't burn it. 

I don't like when people burn it, but I stand with their right to do so. But you cannot define the symbolic reaction for someone else. That is impeding freedom just the same as telling someone they can't burn it. 

If the flag wavers won't acknowledge the shitty things done under the American flag, we will continue to do them and people will continue to burn the fucking thing. 

It's not impeding freedom at all to tell someone they're wrong. That's patently ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's a flag! It's not a person. Anyone who would fight for a flag needs to rethink their priorities. 

It's symbolic to some. Wars and peace have come from much, much less symbolic things... Why do we need to define for people how they should feel about a symbol, or why they need to see it as a symbol at all. Let people have their own free thought on the subject. 

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I have had loved ones fight and die as well. At the end of the day, it's a piece of cloth. 

Cloth doesn't matter. People matter.

Go ahead and try burning an American flag in front of me, pothead. I will bash your fucking empty, loser skull in 

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Got me a new shirt yesterday. 

No parasan!

IMG_20161130_091105898.jpg

Oooooooooooh, I'm real scared :lol::lmao:

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If the flag wavers won't acknowledge the shitty things done under the American flag, we will continue to do them and people will continue to burn the fucking thing. 

It's not impeding freedom at all to tell someone they're wrong. That's patently ridiculous.

It is your opinion that their opinion is wrong... How do you not see this? How can you claim the high ground of protection of freewill if you discount another person's freewill on something? That is patently ridiculous. Freedom of speech to burn it, freedom of speech to worship it. Hindering or impeding that by sending a message against their freewill by telling them to stop through burning it is a strange way to show you pro-freewill. 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It's symbolic to some. Wars and peace have come from much, much less symbolic things... Why do we need to define for people how they should feel about a symbol, or why they need to see it as a symbol at all. Let people have their own free thought on the subject. 

Correct. But I think we have been brainwashed since we were children to worship that flag. Pledge of allegiance everyday since kindergarten. Pledging... To a FLAG...

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Correct. But I think we have been brainwashed since we were children to worship that flag. Pledge of allegiance everyday since kindergarten. Pledging... To a FLAG...

That's not all you're pledging to you fucking retard