Check your account email address ×

Records show Hunter Biden still controls 10% stake in Chinese firm despite leaving its board

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/records-show-hunter-biden-still-controls-10-stake-in-chinese-firm-despite-leaving-its-board

Documents show Hunter Biden still controls a stake in a Chinese investment firm despite his promise to resign from the company’s board and a pledge from his father Joe Biden that no one in the family will have foreign business entanglements if he is elected in November.

The troubled son of Joe Biden, a former vice president who is now the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee, holds a 10% equity stake in the Chinese government-linked Bohai Harvest RST (Shanghai) Equity Investment Fund Management Company, according to Chinese business records first reported by the Daily Caller.

Through his lawyer, Hunter had promised to leave the board of the Chinese firm by the end of October 2019, but his resignation was only submitted to China’s National Credit Information Publicity System this spring. Two Chinese business websites run by Baidu and Qixin both show updates with Hunter’s name being removed from the BHR board of directors in April, but both also show an LLC owned solely by Hunter — Skaneateles — as still being a “sponsor/shareholder” with 3 million yuan invested in the company, purportedly comprising the 10% stake in the China-based business venture.

“We work with China’s industrial leaders, state-owned enterprises, multinational corporations, as well as with start-up visionaries in their international mergers and acquisitions, domestic restructurings and pre-IPO financings,” the Chinese BHR’s company website states, adding that, since launching in December 2013, it now manages “over RMB15 billion in assets” — the equivalent of more than $2 billion.

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

So? 

FBI Director Wray says half of bureau’s 5,000 counterintelligence cases are related to China

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-director-wray-says-half-of-bureaus-5000-counterintelligence-cases-are-related-to-china

FBI Director Christopher Wray on Tuesday warned Americans that the Chinese government’s theft of American information is taking place on so large a scale, suspected incidents make up nearly half of his bureau’s counterintelligence cases.

Speaking at an event hosted by the Hudson Institute in Washington, Wray said that Chinese thefts amount to “one of the largest transfers of wealth in human history,” and that the American people are the victims.

“Of the nearly 5,000 active FBI counterintelligence cases currently under way across the country, almost half are related to China,” Wray said. “And at this very moment, China is working to compromise American health care organizations, pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions conducting essential COVID-19 research.”

In fact, Wray said that most Americans have already been affected.

“If you’re an American adult, it is more likely than not that China has stolen your personal data,” he said.

As an example, Wray noted that in 2014 Chinese hackers stole more than 21 million records from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

FBI Director Wray says half of bureau’s 5,000 counterintelligence cases are related to China

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-director-wray-says-half-of-bureaus-5000-counterintelligence-cases-are-related-to-china

FBI Director Christopher Wray on Tuesday warned Americans that the Chinese government’s theft of American information is taking place on so large a scale, suspected incidents make up nearly half of his bureau’s counterintelligence cases.

Speaking at an event hosted by the Hudson Institute in Washington, Wray said that Chinese thefts amount to “one of the largest transfers of wealth in human history,” and that the American people are the victims.

“Of the nearly 5,000 active FBI counterintelligence cases currently under way across the country, almost half are related to China,” Wray said. “And at this very moment, China is working to compromise American health care organizations, pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions conducting essential COVID-19 research.”

In fact, Wray said that most Americans have already been affected.

“If you’re an American adult, it is more likely than not that China has stolen your personal data,” he said.

As an example, Wray noted that in 2014 Chinese hackers stole more than 21 million records from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.

How much money have you derived from Chinese related mfg/business? 

Just now, spin_dry said:

How much money have you derived from Chinese related mfg/business? 

Through my business very, very little.  We've been down this road.   I've had success with investments mainly in Apple and Amazon.  

No reason not to make changes in the way we do business with them and I'm extremely comfortable if that impacts my rate of return.    

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Through my business very, very little.  We've been down this road.   I've had success with investments mainly in Apple and Amazon.  

No reason not to make changes in the way we do business with them and I'm extremely comfortable if that impacts my rate of return.    

I think he meant your investments in the market.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just now, Mainecat said:

I think he meant your investments in the market.

You think I'm going to actually tell him how much I've made?  :lol:  

I'll give you this.   Quick estimate on the high side is less than 2% of my net worth.   Sorry guys but China didn't make me. 

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You think I'm going to actually tell him how much I've made?  :lol:  

I'll give you this.   Quick estimate on the high side is less than 2% of my net worth.   Sorry guys but China didn't make me. 

So about the same as Hunter 

Just now, spin_dry said:

So about the same as Hunter 

:lol:   So you're his accountant and his doctor.  :lol:  

I imagine that would be a conflict of interest if Biden were to negotiate trade deals with China as president? Or even as Vice president... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I imagine that would be a conflict of interest if Biden were to negotiate trade deals with China as president? Or even as Vice president... 

No curiosity as to how he got on the board of said Chinese company? 

17 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

No curiosity as to how he got on the board of said Chinese company? 

No I can guess. It's how politics works. 

11 hours ago, Anler said:

No I can guess. It's how politics works. 

Something tells me that if this arrangement had the Trump name on it instead of Biden that the locals would not use the word "So" as an answer.  Clearly Biden used his office and tax payer dollars to put his son in financial dealings with the the communist Chinese. Nothing to see here move along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Anler said:

It hasn't been an issue for Trump, his daughter had her trademarks hand delivered by China's President.

16 hours ago, Anler said:

You mean like Trump? 

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Something tells me that if this arrangement had the Trump name on it instead of Biden that the locals would not use the word "So" as an answer.  Clearly Biden used his office and tax payer dollars to put his son in financial dealings with the the communist Chinese. Nothing to see here move along.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

We should just leave it alone. We accept this from certain people.

So why dont you think they are looking into it more? 

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You mean like Trump? 

They dont want to go down that rabbit hole. I mean, unless you really want to drain the swamp...

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

So why dont you think they are looking into it more? 

Because politicians are smart enough to not make laws against it.   Sadly while looking horrible it isn't likely illegal.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Because politicians are smart enough to not make laws against it.   Sadly while looking horrible it isn't likely illegal.  

Or could it be that there are lots more hands in the cookie jar?