Check your account email address ×

Records show Hunter Biden still controls 10% stake in Chinese firm despite leaving its board

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Or could it be that there are lots more hands in the cookie jar? 

Oh absolutely.  

The Biden one's optics are as bad as it gets.   Hunter travels with Joe to China while creepy is on a diplomatic visit as VP.   Within days Hunters hedge fund is given $1.5 billion by a bank owned by the Chinese govt.   Come on man.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Oh absolutely.  

The Biden one's optics are as bad as it gets.   Hunter travels with Joe to China while creepy is on a diplomatic visit as VP.   Within days Hunters hedge fund is given $1.5 billion by a bank owned by the Chinese govt.   Come on man.  

I have been saying for years that foreign aid is a grift. You can add in all kinds of other diplomacy too. Countries have been buying influence here forever. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

I have been saying for years that foreign aid is a grift. You can add in all kinds of other diplomacy too. Countries have been buying influence here forever. 

Agreed.  

Funny in America our politicians love pointing at corruption in places like Ukraine.   Ours just make it legal.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

Both Trump sons have operated and promoted the Trump family business overseas during their father’s presidency, even as he retains ownership. And while the Trump and Biden father-son relationships differ in many ways, the business dealings have set up a simple parallel.

“They are criticizing the vice president’s son for doing exactly what they are doing themselves,” said Martin Ford, a member of the Aberdeenshire Council in Scotland, which voted last month to approve a proposal by the Trumps to build a 500-unit housing development. “They are conducting international business here in Scotland.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-eric-trump-business.html

18 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Both Trump sons have operated and promoted the Trump family business overseas during their father’s presidency, even as he retains ownership. And while the Trump and Biden father-son relationships differ in many ways, the business dealings have set up a simple parallel.

“They are criticizing the vice president’s son for doing exactly what they are doing themselves,” said Martin Ford, a member of the Aberdeenshire Council in Scotland, which voted last month to approve a proposal by the Trumps to build a 500-unit housing development. “They are conducting international business here in Scotland.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-eric-trump-business.html

trumps kids were in the family business before he decided to run for president.  Bidens kid was like clintons-  hired to get political favors regardless of qualification.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Here is the thing the Trump family has been in construction for 40 years or more and will be in that business after Donald has left office. Hunter Biden is only on the board of directors of several companies because his father was VP and the political power that comes with the position. You are giving a pass to the Biden's that they do not deserve.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Anler said:

Think of all the laws Congress has exempted themselves from over the years.

38 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Think of all the laws Congress has exempted themselves from over the years.

For sure. But we never debate that. 

36 minutes ago, Anler said:

For sure. But we never debate that. 

Sure we have, every time we talk about the politicians that have been in office for decades, we are actually debating the corruption.   We really need to look at the laws and the people responsible for pushing them through.   And get rid of them, not keep electing them.

Just now, racer254 said:

Sure we have, every time we talk about the politicians that have been in office for decades, we are actually debating the corruption.   We really need to look at the laws and the people responsible for pushing them through.   And get rid of them, not keep electing them.

When I say "we" I mean its not a topic discussed in national debates. Term limits are things that are mentioned but not discussed seriously. It all comes down to the money to be made in politics and nobody is trying to stop that. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

When I say "we" I mean its not a topic discussed in national debates. Term limits are things that are mentioned but not discussed seriously. It all comes down to the money to be made in politics and nobody is trying to stop that. 

Ah, I see your point and you  are 100% correct.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Ah, I see your point and you  are 100% correct.

Its the #1 reason I side with Libertarians because they are primarily about ending govt corruption and thats why nobody wants to give them a voice. 

I remember in the 2000 election Pat Buchanan started pounding on alot of those things and they quickly labeled him a racist and tossed him to the side. He pretty much had to leave the republican party after that. But it was also mentioned by others that republicans and democrats didnt want Pat in the debates because he would have dominated them with things the people in power dont want to talk about. 

• Like 1