Check your account email address ×

This site

Is starting to suffer in terms of reputation scores on infosec auto-blacklisting technologies.  Being labeled a hate site by some auto-classification algorithms.  These lists are auto-generated and get pushed out dynamically to millions of web content filters and corporate proxies.  Even if the category isn't explicitly blocked, if you're surfing at work, your employer can see you're visiting.

Just a warning from an infosec professional.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Is starting to suffer in terms of reputation scores on infosec auto-blacklisting technologies.  Being labeled a hate site by some auto-classification algorithms.  These lists are auto-generated and get pushed out dynamically to millions of web content filters and corporate proxies.  Even if the category isn't explicitly blocked, if you're surfing at work, your employer can see you're visiting.

lol 😂 

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Boy I wonder why that would be.........

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

This place is being listed as a hate-site? Who the hell writes these algorithms???

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest with how pee stain alone posts.  

• Like 3

Just now, Angry ginger said:

prob effects google adsense as well

I know that you are concerned about your cut, but AdSense only amounts to a few bucks a month since they are only shown to guests. Plus I stopped looking at the violation emails a while ago so they have probably cut us off anyway :lol: 

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

I know that you are concerned about your cut, but AdSense only amounts to a few bucks a month since they are only shown to guests. Plus I stopped looking at the violation emails a while ago so they have probably cut us off anyway :lol: 

no wonder why my checks have stopped.  I've been thinking i might need to bring my tremendous posting skills to another site.  

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest with how pee stain alone posts.  

Kick that old racist, urine smellin, lie tellin, ugly broad gettin, no boat owning, ex mall cop to the curb and the intelligence level here quadruples

30 minutes ago, s pump said:

Sounds like an easy fix.

I don't think it is centered around just one or two members. Take a look at the thread titles of this forum. The CE forum is locked down. The crawlers can't read any of the posts, just titles.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I don't think it is centered around just one or two members. Take a look at the thread titles of this forum. The CE forum is locked down. The crawlers can't read any of the posts, just titles.

If the thread content could be read, this place would be overrun by overweight trump people as their new home and end up on the positive end of a trump tweet. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's likely not crawlers.  It's authenticated users accessing from work.  This site isn't using SSL so the proxies don't even need to crack the encryption to read the payload.

Any company using something like a Symantec (or Zscaler or any other) cloud-based web security service is bouncing their web requests off the cloud service.  An authenticated user of this site surfing at work, even if using something like safe or incognito mode, bounces off of that service.  These services dynamically classify and score content.

Every page load is dynamically risk scored.

Incidentally, it's only able to read that which is passed back to the browser, so if we all put a certain few people on ignore, it won't see their racist bullshit.  The second someone quotes someone you ignored though, that workaround breaks down.

I haven't bothered with SSL here as it's just another expense for a site that is never going to attract advertisers, or matter in Google search rankings. 

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I haven't bothered with SSL here as it's just another expense for a site that is never going to attract advertisers, or matter in Google search rankings. 

Probably wouldn't matter. Most of those services crack ssl anyways. 

• Thanks 1

incidentally, the users perusing this site on corporate networks are smart enough not to visit bada bing or the classification would probably be something very different.  :)

• Thanks 1