Check your account email address ×

Arizona, Florida, Texas

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

As I recall,it was one food plant. The state never shut down.

We've had fairly low numbers here in VT all along too. Hospital's here haven't been overloaded and that's the biggest concern.

Was at the GM dealer today, EVERYBODY was masked. The only people I saw without masks were a couple in their 40s, picking up some parts.

About 9 PM tonight, talked to my fishing buddy in FLA., he said they are gonna' start shutting down everything..............COVID took off. 

13 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Was at the GM dealer today, EVERYBODY was masked. The only people I saw without masks were a couple in their 40s, picking up some parts.

About 9 PM tonight, talked to my fishing buddy in FLA., he said they are gonna' start shutting down everything..............COVID took off. 

strange,  i was at the bmw dealer the other day and not a person with a mask in site.   I've got to drop the mustang for the airbag recall have to see how the ford dealer is next week.  

The rioting in major cities across the U.S. has spread to The Villages, Florida. Looters in Florida’s friendliest hometown have especially broken into stores that sell items like laxatives, vitamins, hearing aids, reading glasses, energy drinks and surgical stockings.

The thugs were easily caught and arrested since they were using their walkers and golf carts to flee. The protests have been limited to the evening hours because most of the lawbreakers either had doctor’s appointments during the day or rioting would have interfered with their naps.

The marches didn’t last that long because many of the demonstrators had to get home to pee. In many cases, the demonstrators simply forgot why they were even there. Officials considered a curfew starting at 9 p.m. But since that’s the time when most of the residents go to bed anyway, it was decided that it wasn’t needed.

Community leaders concluded that part of the problem was that residents were restless because they had too much time on their hands since the recreation centers, pools, theaters, boutique stores and especially the bars were closed due to the corona-virus.

Community officials wanted to form a committee to look further into the problem, but no one would volunteer due to social distancing concerns.

16 hours ago, Matt said:

Arizona just re-locked bars, gyms, and theaters and delayed the start of our fall semester (which usually starts in July out here).  Oddly enough they also shuttered popular river tubing businesses.  This is what the rest of the country has to look forward to once cooler weather arrives and forces everyone back inside.

LA just closed beaches for the 4th of July weekend...

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well they may as well get on the ball and catch up with AZ, FL, and TX.

Lets be honest here ... :read:

Death rate numbers are below a tenth of a percent. Why keep up the pandemic stuff then :dunno:

14 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

LA just closed beaches for the 4th of July weekend...

Lets be honest here ... :read:

Death rate numbers are below a tenth of a percent. Why keep up the pandemic stuff then :dunno:

Where did you get .1%?

I'm pretty sharp with numbers and my math is coming out to 4.96%

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Where did you get .1%?

I'm pretty sharp with numbers and my math is coming out to 4.96%

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Just a quick look here ... https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/05/fact-check-cdc-estimates-covid-19-death-rate-0-26/5269331002/

.2% from CDC in this article.

Multiple experts saying less than a percent also.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, ford_428cj said:

Just a quick look here ... https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/05/fact-check-cdc-estimates-covid-19-death-rate-0-26/5269331002/

.2% from CDC in this article.

Multiple experts saying less than a percent also.

That's an estimated number based on many people who are positive and not symptomatic and not tested.

The mortality percentage rate is going way down with the increased testing. Lots of people who test postive dont have serious or any symptoms. Had they had this much testing in March and April it would be even lower.