Check your account email address ×

Arizona, Florida, Texas

Just now, BOHICA said:

I don’t know.  Not really.  I may work from time to time in the middle of nowhere....

point is it is not and has never been an issue in more remote and rural areas or in areas that do not see a lot of mass movement in or out on a daily basis.

Big metro areas are a different story altogether. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

point is it is not and has never been an issue in more remote and rural areas or in areas that do not see a lot of mass movement in or out on a daily basis.

Big metro areas are a different story altogether. 

Ya.  I live in a city that is the one of the largest in the Pacific Northwest and do a bunch of traveling into large cities.  Most people In my travel aren’t concerned with the covid anymore by there habits. 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ya.  I live in a city that is the one of the largest in the Pacific Northwest and do a bunch of traveling into large cities.  Most people In my travel aren’t concerned with the covid anymore by there habits. 

what city? Healthy cities are getting by unscathed as well. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Boise is pretty small by metro pop standards

3rd largest in the Northwest....  larger then Salt Lake City.  Within the top 100 largest cities in the US

• Gold Member
Just now, frenchy said:

Well I stated 'big metro areas' which Boise clearly is not. 

The Boise-Nampa metropolitan area, also known as the Treasure Valley, includes five counties with a combined population of 709,845, the most populous metropolitan areain Idaho. It contains the state's three largest cities: Boise, Nampa, and Meridian. Boise is the 80th most populous metropolitan statistical area in the United States.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was under the impression that the WHO should not be trusted and Trump is defunding them. BTW we are in good shape here in Michigan so maybe “That Woman” isn’t all that bad. 
Meanwhile The EU is mulling a travel ban on travelers from The United States. 

That is a huge deal.  Most countries already require two weeks of sitting around.  It has already made travel rather pointless.

The idea of an all out ban is a going to be a mess.   It is essentially a no confidence vote in the American system.  It's not just the EU that is getting ready to state their opinion. 

We wanted to turn this into a political matter.  We got our wish.  Now, we have to deal with the rest of the world. Turning this whole thing into a political fight is going to produce some big losers. 

This topic should be huge to anyone that cares about the big picture.  It is about a whole lot more than handling some virus.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

you continue to make my point for me. Thanks!

:lol: 

Definetly not hayseed or buttfuck nowhere like you or the corkster assume.  My travels to areas like Seattle and such from my 3/4 million population metropolis Says most people aren’t concerned with covid at this point...  the ones that are concerned with covid are those that are offended by garage Pull ropes So it’s no suprise covid is a big deal to them

42 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

If you look on the box that surgical masks come in it says right on there that the do not protect against viruses or bacteria.  

How is it possible people still aren't getting this?

OF COURSE IT WON'T MAKE A CLAIM OF BEING ABLE TO PROTECT AGAINST VIRUSES!  That's not the fucking point!

Masks, even thin ones, help by catching, slowing, and deflecting a percentage of respiratory droplets.  A decent cotton mask or a surgical mask catches up to 50% of these, meaning you can be around a sick person for twice as long without catching enough viral load yourself to get sick.  This drives down transmissibility.

If you're in a room with a COVID carrier, it's not important that YOU are wearing a mask (unless it's n95).  It's critically important that THEY are wearing one.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

OF COURSE IT WON'T MAKE A CLAIM OF BEING ABLE TO PROTECT AGAINST VIRUSES!  That's not the fucking point!

Masks, even thin ones, help by catching, slowing, and deflecting a percentage of respiratory droplets.

If you're in a room with a COVID carrier, it's not important that YOU are wearing a mask (unless it's n95).  It's critically important that THEY are wearing one.

I don’t know anyone that doesn’t understand this. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t know anyone that doesn’t understand this. 

The internet is packed with assholes claiming "masks don't protect you" and saying they refuse to wear one.  We see it a lot here in AZ where masks are now required.  I was in Scottsdale yesterday and fortunately, most folks were wearing them in public indoor settings.  Way more than 3 weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

The internet is packed with assholes claiming "masks don't protect you" and saying they refuse to wear one.  We see it a lot here in AZ where masks are now required.  I was in Scottsdale yesterday and fortunately, most folks were wearing them in public indoor settings.  Way more than 3 weeks ago.

masks are why places like SK are where they are. Trumpers don't like facts. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Anler said:

A wave of COVID is good for AZ and Florida. Hopefully free up a bunch of real estate there. 

California is leading the charge in all this but I think real estate plateau’d there awhile ago.

i don’t think covid Deaths will do anything for freeing up real estate at bargain prices As it will be passed down to some silver spooners

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

What every Corky.  You need to stick to being offended about garage door pull ropes and children in red hats smiling at an Indian beating a drum

And you stick to making stupid statements about shit you know nothing about...fuck you don’t even understand where you live!🤣🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Masks, even thin ones, help by catching, slowing, and deflecting a percentage of respiratory droplets.  A decent cotton mask or a surgical mask catches up to 50% of these, meaning you can be around a sick person for twice as long without catching enough viral load yourself to get sick.  This drives down transmissibility.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

18 minutes ago, frenchy said:

masks are why places like SK are where they are. Trumpers don't like facts. 

They take their lead from The Orange Dumbfuck.