Check your account email address ×

Fuck the internet

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I have the phone phone one but I get almost no reception where I am at. and some of the maps I have for GPS are good but with overgrowth you can't tell what dead ends and what dose not etc . a hunting one a bud gave me is nice because it boundery marks state and fed land 

Download google maps of the area and you don't need reception. Go to offline maps in google maps and download the area. I have half the state of Maine on one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

We got out on Saturday.  Beautiful day, lots of people out.  Had pretty heavy rains earlier in the week so lots of mud holes.  The part that sucks is I'm about a 2 hour drive from any place I can ride.  The new Rancher works good.  Definitely not a speed machine or the smoothest ride but it is a good work horse around the house and lets me go out and play on the weekends.  Took an hour and a half yesterday to get everything cleaned up.  The mud was thick and dried on solid.

Your pic did not come through for me.  I use my quads a lot on my property up north for utility work and it makes working definately more interesting, good to be in a place where I can ride from my place to anywhere I care for,  speed is really not a factor, but different machines serve different purposes.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

they are the fucking worst for that . just awful . and with other people almost unbearable 

Many options available to keep out most dust and even all dust..can get full cabs with air conditioning and heat, roll up windows and even electric ones, front and rear backup cameras, am/fm/Sirus radio and more.

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Your pic did not come through for me.  I use my quads a lot on my property up north for utility work and it makes working definately more interesting, good to be in a place where I can ride from my place to anywhere I care for,  speed is really not a factor, but different machines serve different purposes.

Here is the picture again.  The Rancher is definitely more of a work machine than a trail machine.  Solid axle and no belt help when I tow a trailer the majority of the time around my place.

IMG_20200613_145104.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Many options available to keep out most dust and even all dust..can get full cabs with air conditioning and heat, roll up windows and even electric ones, front and rear backup cameras, am/fm/Sirus radio and more.

may as well buy a jeep at that point . but I would rather just yank out the old yz250  . I am thinking on dumping the sxs I like atv better for how I like to ride . I have a 50 inch wide sxs but it is still long and then you get wedged between trees on tight corners from time to time . I do like the branch protection from a sxs a bit better also . 

I get the roof and rain part but I only drive mine in the rain if other guys are up to ride and really want to ride then I will go in the rain but that is like 1 or 2 times a yr max .

I also bail on going to other guys places more because I can't just toss it in the truck.  if I have to trailer I tend to just say fuck it not with it 

1 hour ago, s pump said:

Download google maps of the area and you don't need reception. Go to offline maps in google maps and download the area. I have half the state of Maine on one.

still won't track where you are at in real time with no reception I have maps in the phone and it will give the not all features available now then just keep your for in the same place till you get a service spot .

I really don't care to much I usually have a ok idea where I am if I have a old school compass and some gas I can always get to a well beaten path . part of the fun is going deep and finding your way out 

27 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

may as well buy a jeep at that point . but I would rather just yank out the old yz250  . I am thinking on dumping the sxs I like atv better for how I like to ride . I have a 50 inch wide sxs but it is still long and then you get wedged between trees on tight corners from time to time . I do like the branch protection from a sxs a bit better also . 

I get the roof and rain part but I only drive mine in the rain if other guys are up to ride and really want to ride then I will go in the rain but that is like 1 or 2 times a yr max .

I also bail on going to other guys places more because I can't just toss it in the truck.  if I have to trailer I tend to just say fuck it not with it 

We're in the Federal Forest here, Jeeps are not allowed on the trails, same with cars and trucks, Routes sure then you can use them.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nothing stopping you from doing all that, except the 1st pick wtf man.  For me the Quad riding, sxs isn't about speed although they can, its about riding in nature.  My point really was you gotta do something else for 9/10 months.:bc:

What's great is it get the wife outdoors. She cant sled so Sea Doos and the side by side make up for it.

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Sweet looking buggy! I'm getting the full windshield for mine and possibly the side enclosures. 

Only took one ride for me to get the front and rear glass.

And Smales can go fuck himself. :bc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

We're in the Federal Forest here, Jeeps are not allowed on the trails, same with cars and trucks, Routes sure then you can use them.

I know stupid laws when you look at a new 4 door sxs next to a cj 

again if I had to get that big I would not go out any way not my style of ridding . he'll I love running tree filled hillsides on old TW 200s more than running fast open trail any day . but every body has there hobby.

other thing I like about getting off established trail and on to old skidder tracks is not much dirt just bugs and busted branches 

11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Really nothing for Jeeps around us either.

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I know stupid laws when you look at a new 4 door sxs next to a cj 

again if I had to get that big I would not go out any way not my style of ridding . he'll I love running tree filled hillsides on old TW 200s more than running fast open trail any day . but every body has there hobby.

other thing I like about getting off established trail and on to old skidder tracks is not much dirt just bugs and busted branches 

At camp is everything. 3 miles  ride to the intersection and trails are as different as night and day. Did 70 miles one day... 30 the other.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GGNHL said:

If you don't find golf enjoyable you aren't doing it right. Having a few beers with your buds and getting out and walking around a course hitting golf balls. I have a blast every time. Just can't take it too seriously. And i get that, anything to get outdoors is great, different strokes for different folks. At some point I may get one to dink around with, but would probably get a ranger with a bed to be able to do more snowmobile trail stuff with instead of having to grab Dad's 86 Toyota mud truck to get into some of the spots. :bc:

I would rather punch my self in the balls 18 times than go golf.  I have good buds who are all about golf the have the fucking simulators in the house fly around to golf . I can't do it . my wife also can't stand it and her job for like 3 yrs was all golf related markiting and videos etc she had to go on all these trips to top course with famous players and b list celbs and would not golf just drive the cart and drink and bullshit .she especially hated the  shit in like Alabama trent Jones trail  in hot humid summer . a lot of my friends were just pissed she of all people had that gig . 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

At camp is everything. 3 miles  ride to the intersection and trails are as different as night and day. Did 70 miles one day... 30 the other.

around my place there is everything also surrounded by state forest and nat forest tons of atv trail tons of min maint forest road endless logging stuff that is kept open from use lots of old logging stuff tons of 2 track that goes for miles that just 1 or 2 guys keep open just to get to there hunting spot in the wildlife management spots . in my parts if it is a trail and it is not posted it is all good unless it is a dedicated atv then it is no cars or jeeps . I run my wife's Subaru outback all over the trails up at my place all the time. it is shocking what that thing will go through especially after I put the AT tires on it . that fucker will deff go thru more shit than my f150 with its fake 4wd and it has pulled my buds gmc mid size truck canyon thing out way more than he cares to admit lol.  makes me want to find a old school brat to put some atv tires on 

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

around my place there is everything also surrounded by state forest and nat forest tons of atv trail tons of min maint forest road endless logging stuff that is kept open from use lots of old logging stuff tons of 2 track that goes for miles that just 1 or 2 guys keep open just to get to there hunting spot in the wildlife management spots . in my parts if it is a trail and it is not posted it is all good unless it is a dedicated atv then it is no cars or jeeps . I run my wife's Subaru outback all over the trails up at my place all the time. it is shocking what that thing will go through especially after I put the AT tires on it . that fucker will deff go thru more shit than my f150 with its fake 4wd and it has pulled my buds gmc mid size truck canyon thing out way more than he cares to admit lol.  makes me want to find a old school brat to put some atv tires on .

I ride this aria and the atv trails on map are prob less than 20% of what is ridable.  I would say I am on the actual atv trail less than 30% of the time . 

Screenshot_20200615-135415.jpg

9 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

That's why the Ride Command is so good, impossible to get lost.

I had that on my SKS.  Awesome system, and I've used several different GPS setups, and that was the best overall imo.  Doesn't have every single feature, but the ones you need and they're easy to use.

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

around my place there is everything also surrounded by state forest and nat forest tons of atv trail tons of min maint forest road endless logging stuff that is kept open from use lots of old logging stuff tons of 2 track that goes for miles that just 1 or 2 guys keep open just to get to there hunting spot in the wildlife management spots . in my parts if it is a trail and it is not posted it is all good unless it is a dedicated atv then it is no cars or jeeps . I run my wife's Subaru outback all over the trails up at my place all the time. it is shocking what that thing will go through especially after I put the AT tires on it . that fucker will deff go thru more shit than my f150 with its fake 4wd and it has pulled my buds gmc mid size truck canyon thing out way more than he cares to admit lol.  makes me want to find a old school brat to put some atv tires on .

I ride this aria and the atv trails on map are prob less than 20% of what is ridable.  I would say I am on the actual atv trail less than 30% of the time . 

Screenshot_20200615-135415.jpg

So it looks like I'm gonna own (inheritance) a townhouse in the highlands of southern Italy (Calabria) that I was totally good to let crumble to the ground.  Then I take a look with the wife, it's about 30 mins to either side Mediterranean Sea and more importantly world class ATV trails that the locals know little about.  The trails go throught about 5000 feet elevation and roughy between 30 to over 100 miles.  So I'm gonna take a very close look at now, as the trails look awesome.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So it looks like I'm gonna own (inheritance) a townhouse in the highlands of southern Italy (Calabria) that I was totally good to let crumble to the ground.  Then I take a look with the wife, it's about 30 mins to either side Mediterranean Sea and more importantly world class ATV trails that the locals know little about.  The trails go throught about 5000 feet elevcation and roughy between 30 to over 100 miles.  So I'm gonna take a very close look at now, as the trails look awesome.

nice . i thought italy had some real fucked up real estate laws?

one of my customers was married to a Italian woman they have 2 homes they own together and 1 she owned before they were married 30 yrs ago and that property has been a pita for him and i think ended up more ez to just give it to a relative  resident of his dead wife .

also he could not get residency in 30 yrs even after owning 2 homes and spending 7 mo a yr there .

not sure on the 1 home details he was going on about it as I was working and lightly paying attention . I was just thinking why do you care about a house you guys spent a few weeks a yr at you are pushing 80 and worth millions with no kids 

10 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So it looks like I'm gonna own (inheritance) a townhouse in the highlands of southern Italy (Calabria) that I was totally good to let crumble to the ground.  Then I take a look with the wife, it's about 30 mins to either side Mediterranean Sea and more importantly world class ATV trails that the locals know little about.  The trails go throught about 5000 feet elevation and roughy between 30 to over 100 miles.  So I'm gonna take a very close look at now, as the trails look awesome.

In my immediate area we have ONE STATE ATV trail. Old railroad bed, about 12 miles long. That's it. Haven't been on it, in years. 

I ride my quad around here every day, mostly yard work related. Don't like going in the woods too much in summer...ticks. Every now and then I go up to check around.  My trails are about 2 miles in total, maybe a bit more. I pretty much can access all our property on them. I have to make a water crossing some day.............deep muddy area, can't get through......got stuck before. Will cut some fukkin logs and lay them down or somethin'. Maye I'll drag some 4x8 sheets of plywood up there, and nail them down on some lengthwise logs. 

6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

In my immediate area we have ONE STATE ATV trail. Old railroad bed, about 12 miles long. That's it. Haven't been on it, in years. 

I ride my quad around here every day, mostly yard work related. Don't like going in the woods too much in summer...ticks. Every now and then I go up to check around.  My trails are about 2 miles in total, maybe a bit more. I pretty much can access all our property on them. I have to make a water crossing some day.............deep muddy area, can't get through......got stuck before. Will cut some fukkin logs and lay them down or somethin'. Maye I'll drag some 4x8 sheets of plywood up there, and nail them down on some lengthwise logs. 

More than 600,000 acres of Forested land here  (Fed, State, County) and over 600 miles of trails just in this county  that interconnect with other County trails. The Tuscobia trail alone is 73 miles and we ride that one lots including today.

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

nice . i thought italy had some real fucked up real estate laws?

one of my customers was married to a Italian woman they have 2 homes they own together and 1 she owned before they were married 30 yrs ago and that property has been a pita for him and i think ended up more ez to just give it to a relative  resident of his dead wife .

also he could not get residency in 30 yrs even after owning 2 homes and spending 7 mo a yr there .

not sure on the 1 home details he was going on about it as I was working and lightly paying attention . I was just thinking why do you care about a house you guys spent a few weeks a yr at you are pushing 80 and worth millions with no kids 

Guess I'm about to find out.  Decided to go there next year and see if there is anything we want a part of.

On the bold, I thought the 1st home you pay no taxes on.