Check your account email address ×

*** OFFICIAL Sweet Ass Deals thread ***

Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Average everything smashed with this baby

What a piece of shit, I raced a guy that had a buddy that knew a dude that blew up 3 of those and couldn't out run a Raptor.

owns facebook as Braaapman with a sweet sounding Jaws can dude's Sno Pro pulls wheelies in the deep pah like a bitch gotta bounce Brah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

What a piece of shit, I raced a guy that had a buddy that knew a dude that blew up 3 of those and couldn't out run a Raptor.

owns facebook as Braaapman with a sweet sounding Jaws can dude's Sno Pro pulls wheelies in the deep pah like a bitch gotta bounce Brah

Lol , maybe the best post you've ever made ! 

• Like 1

Very fast in a straight line, on a road course it is useless. Would it be a fun car, more fun than an economy commuter, but less fun than a mazda miata to drive daily. pretty much a car for men with an inverted penis.

8 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Looks like a transplanted XLT engine

12 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Looks like a transplanted XLT engine

Yeah , I think he posted that a while ago saying that , sled looks familiar . I just love the LE chrome version . It's always the sled you wanted in your younger days that you keep finding ... 

• Like 1

Crappy tire has a $50 promo card if you spend over $200 today.. today only and in store.

some decent deals for their '4 day sale' as well

Champion 3000W Gas Generator

Regular Price: $649.99

Sale: $379.99

Mastercraft Oil-Free Air Compressor with 2 Running HP, 20-gal

Special Buy

Regular Price: $214.99

17 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Good price for the genny if 3000kva will do ya. 

I have the same generator but purchased at Costco many years ago. Mine has battery and starter which is nice. Its a good unit IMO, 4000 peak.. enough to power essentials in a house hold reasonably. When we had the ice storm in January I used it to run almost everything that was 120, power was out for over 30 hours. Fridge, freezer, gas hot water tank, some lights, coffee maker, gas furnace.. If everything kicked in at once might have been an issue, but nothing runs for more than 20/30 mins at a time anymore, so its well balanced, but wouldn't be enough for a total house backup. 12+ hours on a tank. Only problem with it is I find it loud, but I don't hear it.. poor neighbors lol

55 minutes ago, steve6 said:

I have the same generator but purchased at Costco many years ago. Mine has battery and starter which is nice. Its a good unit IMO, 4000 peak.. enough to power essentials in a house hold reasonably. When we had the ice storm in January I used it to run almost everything that was 120, power was out for over 30 hours. Fridge, freezer, gas hot water tank, some lights, coffee maker, gas furnace.. If everything kicked in at once might have been an issue, but nothing runs for more than 20/30 mins at a time anymore, so its well balanced, but wouldn't be enough for a total house backup. 12+ hours on a tank. Only problem with it is I find it loud, but I don't hear it.. poor neighbors lol

Hey Steve, do you have a switch installed to run your gas furnace or did you just wire it in after the power went out?

I'd like to install a switch but I have been told it is illegal to do so and your insurance will not cover you if something were to happen? 

51 minutes ago, irv said:

Hey Steve, do you have a switch installed to run your gas furnace or did you just wire it in after the power went out?

I'd like to install a switch but I have been told it is illegal to do so and your insurance will not cover you if something were to happen? 

I replaced the switch with combo switch outlet and plug the furnace in that way(put a plug on the end of the wire)... so if power goes out and I need to power it I just plug it in to the backup plugs.

Combo-device-188.jpg

4 hours ago, steve6 said:

I replaced the switch with combo switch outlet and plug the furnace in that way(put a plug on the end of the wire)... so if power goes out and I need to power it I just plug it in to the backup plugs.

Combo-device-188.jpg

I'd like to do the same, but I have been warned against it.

The last big blackout/ice storm we had, I just wired the furnace up with the cut end of an extension cord. It worked great and when the power came back on, I just shut the main furnace power off and wired it back up properly. I have been told the reason this is illegal, (your and my way) is because if the lines guys are working on the power lines, they can get shocked/electrocuted as the lines are powered by the generator. That, and have been told your insurance will not cover you if they find out your furnace was wired/switched in like that.

I personally don't want to go to all the trouble of wiring in/installing an inverter, or whatever else I need, to make it legal, but I assume that is my only option?

Suicide cords are a no-no.  Not only can a backfeeding generator energize the local grid, but it could also overheat (fire) if you're drawing too many amps on a line that can't handle it.  Anywhere between the generator and the panel. 

The easiest way to power your entire home, is with a Generlink.  It's approved because it has an auto disconnect from the service.  And the nice thing is, all your circuits are powered (you still have to watch what you're pulling though). 

My dad has a Generac NG auto backup, which powers a sub panel that has his critical breakers (circuits) moved to it.  It has an auto transfer switch also. 

Mine has a 30A inlet on the house exterior, hooked to a 40A rated supply line feeding a dedicated breaker in the panel, normally off.  Was going to design a panel interlock (backfeed breaker can only be on IF main breaker is off), like the U.S. panels, but not UL listed anyway, so why bother...... anybody know if the interlock panels are legal in Canada yet?  Last time I checked, years back, IIRC, they weren't (CSA bitched that front panel removal rendered the interlock feature useless..... ).  Ok for Americans though..... :)

Best of both worlds..... mechanical interlock ensuring that gen and service cannot be feeding simultaneously, and all circuits in your home are powered.  No expensive transfer switches.  UL approved for sure...... CSA, I dunno.....

On 2017-04-21 at 5:52 PM, irv said:

I'd like to do the same, but I have been warned against it.

The last big blackout/ice storm we had, I just wired the furnace up with the cut end of an extension cord. It worked great and when the power came back on, I just shut the main furnace power off and wired it back up properly. I have been told the reason this is illegal, (your and my way) is because if the lines guys are working on the power lines, they can get shocked/electrocuted as the lines are powered by the generator. That, and have been told your insurance will not cover you if they find out your furnace was wired/switched in like that.

I personally don't want to go to all the trouble of wiring in/installing an inverter, or whatever else I need, to make it legal, but I assume that is my only option?

Edited by Puzzleboy

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎25 at 3:23 AM, Puzzleboy said:

Suicide cords are a no-no.  Not only can a backfeeding generator energize the local grid, but it could also overheat (fire) if you're drawing too many amps on a line that can't handle it.  Anywhere between the generator and the panel. 

The easiest way to power your entire home, is with a Generlink.  It's approved because it has an auto disconnect from the service.  And the nice thing is, all your circuits are powered (you still have to watch what you're pulling though). 

My dad has a Generac NG auto backup, which powers a sub panel that has his critical breakers (circuits) moved to it.  It has an auto transfer switch also. 

Mine has a 30A inlet on the house exterior, hooked to a 40A rated supply line feeding a dedicated breaker in the panel, normally off.  Was going to design a panel interlock (backfeed breaker can only be on IF main breaker is off), like the U.S. panels, but not UL listed anyway, so why bother...... anybody know if the interlock panels are legal in Canada yet?  Last time I checked, years back, IIRC, they weren't (CSA bitched that front panel removal rendered the interlock feature useless..... ).  Ok for Americans though..... :)

Best of both worlds..... mechanical interlock ensuring that gen and service cannot be feeding simultaneously, and all circuits in your home are powered.  No expensive transfer switches.  UL approved for sure...... CSA, I dunno.....

Just shut the main and you are not feeding power onto the grid. Suicide cord is fine if you are not a moron. lots of morons in this world, looks at steve, so of course they are illegal.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, Puzzleboy said:

Suicide cords are a no-no ya, but this isn't that, its just taking the cord and plugging it into the generator source and when power comes back on moving the cord back to the main grid line. Irv probably had an extension cord coming into the house from outside or whatever and just powered essentials.

My basement is not 100% finished, I setup about 10 plugs in the basement on its own circuit, that is hooked to two male plugs(5 plugs on each circuit'ish), that if the power goes out I run those through the basement window manually and plug them into the generator that sits outside. There is no connection from this circuitry to the house wiring. The problem with the furnace line its usually hard wired into the switch box so not easily movable to a backup source. That is why I put a plug on it and that switch, so I can unplug it from one circuit and plug it into another(generator) if needed. These plugs are near the duct work vents (and my freezer in the basement) so I can run small power cords through these vents if needed and power items on the main floor, its not perfect and usually you only need generator for small amounts, but in January when it went over 30 hours it was nice to have.

And fuck you Zosa, you're an idiot.

6 hours ago, steve6 said:

Suicide cords are a no-no ya, but this isn't that, its just taking the cord and plugging it into the generator source and when power comes back on moving the cord back to the main grid line. Irv probably had an extension cord coming into the house from outside or whatever and just powered essentials.

My basement is not 100% finished, I setup about 10 plugs in the basement on its own circuit, that is hooked to two male plugs(5 plugs on each circuit'ish), that if the power goes out I run those through the basement window manually and plug them into the generator that sits outside. There is no connection from this circuitry to the house wiring. The problem with the furnace line its usually hard wired into the switch box so not easily movable to a backup source. That is why I put a plug on it and that switch, so I can unplug it from one circuit and plug it into another(generator) if needed. These plugs are near the duct work vents (and my freezer in the basement) so I can run small power cords through these vents if needed and power items on the main floor, its not perfect and usually you only need generator for small amounts, but in January when it went over 30 hours it was nice to have.

And fuck you Zosa, you're an idiot.

Why not get a proper generator panel installed?

way easier then having plugs and cords.

One plug for my generator outside on wall.  Generator Panel switches automatically to generator and locks out regular hydro.  Manual Switch back after power back on.  Impossible to feed from power both generator and hydro sides at same time.