*** OFFICIAL Sweet Ass Deals thread ***

Puzzleboy

So, the Seafoam jug thing got me thinking..... let's have a thread for deals we can use. 

Anyway, if you're anything like the Puzzler, you use your Dremel on almost every project.  And the one thing I consume more than anything, are the sanding drums.  And they do work on aluminum and steel.  Even just for edge finishing, deburring, etc.  I went to Home Depot - $6.99 plus tax for a pack of 6, made in China. 

So I ordered these on Ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/401118591382?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

100 pieces, including 2 new mandrels, also made in China, shipped to your door from HK, $2.95 USD.  I've used 3 of them now, and I'd say the life is 80-100% comparable to the Dremel ones, and definitely better than the Mastercraft ones (worst I've ever used, and they fly apart).  So, 3 cents each, instead of $1.32 each (44 times cheaper).  The mandrels are fine also.  They also have the smaller drums/mandrels available. 

Drums.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy

I was thinking I'd get an old bedliner and cut me some ski guides. But then I'd have to get rid of the leftover material. Found this yesterday, just went and got a couple pieces.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile-parts-trailer-accessories/markham-york-region/snowmobile-trailer-ski-guides/1217408022?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Crappy Tire flyer today:  Long 1/2" breaker bars for $10 again, smart battery charger for $45 (I have one, it's the best I've ever used), Syntec (Edge) for $29/ 5 litre, big titanium drill bit set for $29 (I've had one for years, decent enough for steel, etc.), 7.5 amp 1/2" impact wrench ($49)..... sale starts Thursday, so hide the stuff you want in the store tomorrow......

:)

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Crappy Tire flyer today:  Long 1/2" breaker bars for $10 again, smart battery charger for $45 (I have one, it's the best I've ever used), Syntec (Edge) for $29/ 5 litre, big titanium drill bit set for $29 (I've had one for years, decent enough for steel, etc.), 7.5 amp 1/2" impact wrench ($49)..... sale starts Thursday, so hide the stuff you want in the store tomorrow......

As I get older I find that long breaker bar comes in handy once in a while. Don't use it often but I'm glad it's hanging on the wall when I need it.

I've got two boxes of those drill bits, one I bought the other was a gift. I can break the smaller bits all day, I'll never run out.

10 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Used the bar this past weekend.  Got about 5 of the trickle chargers, might pick up the drill set.

wow how funny, i also saw the breaker bar and said that could replace my current breaker bar that i use with i pipe over it to lengthen it. a mechanic at work mentioned it also. this must be what girls do when they see a great price on nail polish LOL

i also looked at the 1/2" tq wrench as a back up. and the portable battery pac. 

you should see how excited the boys in the back get when the princess auto flyer shows up.  

is this what happens when you get old...john wayne movies, naps on the couch and automotive flyers, no wonder why Trump got elected  

Since you mentioned Princess Auto... the Toy Store

Nov 21 - 27

Capture.JPG

November 15 - 27

We have one we use for the tires from my wife's Escape. Let's me move them easily in the garage

Capture.JPG

Cut in half gives two 18" X 4' track mats

Capture.JPG

Coming up in their Mega Smasher Sale Nov 29 - Dec 11

2 wheel snowmobile dolly $129.99

Capture.JPG

Snowmobile Lift $59.99

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

That's a big shopping list you have there O2!!

The only thing I want is the 2 wheel snowmobile dolly. Already have the others. Just good deals available for snowmobilers though.

Called the Jeep dealer the other day.  They wanted $27.99 for a touch-up paint (my old one dried up).   A bit ridiculous. 

On Ebay, just type in your paint code, and hundreds of listings appear.  Received mine today (via Korea).  $6.99 shipped to the door, and the volume is twice as large as the factory one.  Used it on a few stone chips on the hood; looks good. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Called the Jeep dealer the other day.  They wanted $27.99 for a touch-up paint (my old one dried up).   A bit ridiculous. 

On Ebay, just type in your paint code, and hundreds of listings appear.  Received mine today (via Korea).  $6.99 shipped to the door, and the volume is twice as large as the factory one.  Used it on a few stone chips on the hood; looks good. 

You'd wonder how the hell they can ship you a bottle of touch up paint from Korea for $6.99.

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

what kind of jeep?