Check your account email address ×

19 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If dams break once they prolly shouldn’t be rebuilt.  Let the river go back to its natural course to eliminate future loses when it breaks again.

thats all fine and dandy assuming it's not going to flood out a ton of places downstream.  Lots of dams have been being removed all over the country.  The biggest issue for me is how are you going to reimburse the people on the lakes for the huge loss of value between lakefront and at best riverfront location.  

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thats all fine and dandy assuming it's not going to flood out a ton of places downstream.  Lots of dams have been being removed all over the country.  The biggest issue for me is how are you going to reimburse the people on the lakes for the huge loss of value between lakefront and at best riverfront location.  

Maybe give them a chunk of extra property that was once under the lake that is gone. Or do what we use to do for public works project that took people’s land.....  tell the people tuff shit 

• Platinum Contributing Member

100 year old dams that provided hydroelectric power to the area. Rebuild and enhance them. 

I'm sorry your lake is gone but "Tough shit"  :lol: SMH

Edited by Skidooski

• Gold Member

Looks like it hadn’t produced any hydro for awhile.  Looks like it edenville had its hydro power license revoked due to FERC deeming the dam unsafe and unable to even handle 50% of flood waters.  Let the lake front property owners at there cost to rebuild it to 100% capable of handling flood water capacity if they want there lake front property.  That damn should have been empty but the only reason it was holding back water was for the benefit of the lake front property owners.  If it wasn’t for having enough water in it to float boats it most likely could have hsndled the flood waters.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/20/edenville-dam-power-license-revoked-failure-reinforce-structure/5226539002/

Edited by BOHICA

Fuck you lake front property owners...you  rebuild this shit!!!!  It's all your fault anyways  :lol: 

I know on my lake, the association controls the dam but the county is responsible for maintaining it and the road. 

39 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Fuck you lake front property owners...you  rebuild this shit!!!!  It's all your fault anyways  :lol: 

I know on my lake, the association controls the dam but the county is responsible for maintaining it and the road. 

My uncle owned a place on rainbow lake just north Lansing that lost their dam a few years back. They all (lakefront property owners) had to ante up to replace it. I think it cost them 8-10k each, something like that.

Edited by Edmo

8 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

Looks like a great amount of planning and organizing went on in Midland. Hotels could use some business and be safer.....but dear leader 

Screenshot_20200520-083700.png

More WDS

You're the self proclaimed risk management expert...why don't you help her out? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

More WDS

You're the self proclaimed risk management expert...why don't you help her out? 

Holy fuck bro you've lost complete control.

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Fuck them, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, nobody forced them to buy.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Earthen dams are prone to failure.  They get compromised from below, then eventually rupture. 

Yea that's actually how it started-a dyke sprung a leak.

Edited by Phoenix