Check your account email address ×

C7 market is tanking.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that has nothing to do with the market for C7's you need to whore a rental car out more than a regular one as the expectation it's been beat on. 

I would expect any c7 bought used to be beat on.  Any performance car I would expect to be rode hard.

My uncle is pissed about his c7z

paid over sticker with every option and then GM releases a base model Vette for half the money that’s just as fast :lol:

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 5

Just now, f7ben said:

My uncle is pissed about his c7z

paid over sticker with every option and then GM releases a base model Bette for half the money that’s just as fast :lol:

Yeah even the "cheap" vettes are pretty damn good. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Liftthrottle oversteer :dunno:

Prolly not knowing what they were doing...mid engines can’t fix shitty driving. If you can’t drive a front engine corvette without piling it up you will for surely pile up a mid engine model.  That and drunk drivers 

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020/03/07/accident-2020-corvette-on-a-flatbed-already-cmon-man/

mazda rotary powered c8 in the making on a salvage

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/this-wrecked-c8-chevrolet-corvette-is-set-to-get-a-4-rotor-engine/

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Prolly not knowing what they were doing...mid engines can’t fix shitty driving. If you can’t drive a front engine corvette without piling it up you will for surely pile up a mid engine model.  That and drunk drivers 

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020/03/07/accident-2020-corvette-on-a-flatbed-already-cmon-man/

mazda rotary powered c8 in the making on a salvage

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/this-wrecked-c8-chevrolet-corvette-is-set-to-get-a-4-rotor-engine/

The c8 is a considerably better handling car than any other vette

Its also brutally fast and people are going to crash brutally fast cars regardless of how well they handle 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its also brutally fast and people are going to crash brutally fast cars regardless of how well they handle 

Yep.  The c8 doesn’t fix shitty driving ability

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

esp when they think they are cool and shut of the nannies because they think they are good drivers.  it's why lots of vettes end up in the ditch.

Even with only 420 hp and a  mid 4 second 0-60 I can get my mustang all sorts of squirrely with the traction control off.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

esp when they think they are cool and shut of the nannies because they think they are good drivers.  it's why lots of vettes end up in the ditch.

Even with only 420 hp and a  mid 4 second 0-60 I can get my mustang all sorts of squirrely with the traction control off.  

Yup....I never shut tc off on the M5 and the only time I ever knew it was there was when I’d see a flicker of the light on the dash. The shit probably kept me out of the ditch 100x on my last two cars

• Platinum Contributing Member

No traction control on the Vipers and I often turn it off on my V when I want to lay some smoke or drift a turn. Feedback is great on the V....not so much on the Vipers where Ive had some close calls and almost been bitten when pushing to the g limit.

5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

No traction control on the Vipers and I often turn it off on my V when I want to lay some smoke or drift a turn. Feedback is great on the V....not so much on the Vipers where Ive had some close calls and almost been bitten when pushing to the g limit.

Ah the old Widow Makers. 

Love me a Viper.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Laying some smoke and drifting a turn is gay as fuck and should be avoided at all cost

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I would expect any c7 bought used to be beat on.  Any performance car I would expect to be rode hard.

I bought a new 79 Trans Am 6.6 with WS2 package.  Day before I was supposed to pick it up my brother saw it out in front of where he worked at the time, my name written in yellow windshield chalk, and a dealer plate, and the monkey driving it did a smoke show.  Years later, I bought a new GTO with a 400 hp LS2 motor in 05.  I told the guy I wanted a 0 mile car because I knew these things, but he located one in Boston 80 miles away.  Ok fine.  I show up to take delivery and it had 400 miles on it, and two paint chips on the hood.  I should have walked away, because 3 years later I went to trade it at the same dealer for a truck, and the appraiser comes in looking like fucking Columbo, says to me, that hood has been repainted.  I'm like "yeah, by you".  Never again.

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

With your motor skills, there's a high probability it will eventually get wrapped around a tree, so there's that.

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yup....I never shut tc off on the M5 and the only time I ever knew it was there was when I’d see a flicker of the light on the dash. The shit probably kept me out of the ditch 100x on my last two cars

Fuck yeah.  I will never own a high performance car without AWD and the nannies.  They just cost too fucking much to be doing 70s style mullet burnouts and power slides.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I bought a new 79 Trans Am 6.6 with WS2 package.  Day before I was supposed to pick it up my brother saw it out in front of where he worked at the time, my name written in yellow windshield chalk, and a dealer plate, and the monkey driving it did a smoke show.  Years later, I bought a new GTO with a 400 hp LS2 motor in 05.  I told the guy I wanted a 0 mile car because I knew these things, but he located one in Boston 80 miles away.  Ok fine.  I show up to take delivery and it had 400 miles on it, and two paint chips on the hood.  I should have walked away, because 3 years later I went to trade it at the same dealer for a truck, and the appraiser comes in looking like fucking Columbo, says to me, that hood has been repainted.  I'm like "yeah, by you".  Never again.

With your motor skills, there's a high probability it will eventually get wrapped around a tree, so there's that.

Fuck yeah.  I will never own a high performance car without AWD and the nannies.  They just cost too fucking much to be doing 70s style mullet burnouts and power slides.

Not to mention 70s style power slides are slow as fuck and the least efficient way around a corner. I want every spec of the power I pay for to be forcing my ass into a seat when my foots in it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Laying some smoke and drifting a turn is gay as fuck and should be avoided at all cost

You'd look good in a KIA or used Yugo.....I like smoke and pushing the g force with a little pedal persuasion when the time is right. 

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

You'd look good in a KIA or used Yugo.....I like smoke and pushing the g force with a little pedal persuasion when the time is right. 

Smoke and G force are at odds you fucking retard.....have you ever even driven a fucking car? 

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Guaranteed my V Will thrash your 06 M5 around to turn........as Ive had both

Not if you’re laying a big gay smoke show you stupid faggot

Just now, f7ben said:

Not if you’re laying a big gay smoke show you stupid faggot

I like to have fun from time to time. not afraid to take it sideways you wuss