Check your account email address ×

More dire predictions when states reopen....233k additional deaths

• Gold Member

They were so far off base on the first round that I no longer trust the government to give us accurate information about this issue.  Not that I I ever did.

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

They were so far off base on the first round that I no longer trust the government to give us accurate information about this issue.  Not that I I ever did.

Actually there are pretty close.....they said 100-240k if shutdowns were implemented and it’s going to be spot on 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Actually there are pretty close.....they said 100-240k if shutdowns were implemented and it’s going to be spot on 

they said 2 million to get us in our homes with out a fight actually it was 2.2 million but what is a extra 2ook one way or another when seeing what it takes  getting sheep in the barn 

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they said 2 million to get us in our homes with out a fight actually it was 2.2 million but what is a extra 2ook one way or another when seeing what it takes  getting sheep in the barn 

Without mitigation how do you know it wouldn't have reached that number? Do you understand how these models work? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Without mitigation how do you know it wouldn't have reached that number? Do you understand how these models work? 

how do you know we would not be exactly where we are now ? 

I know how the models work and how they are manipulated to fit the projection they want . just look at global warming models of the past if you need a quick reminder .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

so many variables with this never mind the fact it's all of 4 months old..... I think the estimates have been pretty good all things considered

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

it was 2 million if everything remained business as usual. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

like I said to get the sheep in the barn with out a fight 

just giving context. I don't think many would have changed their normal habits without being forced to even with that estimate out there. 

8 minutes ago, frenchy said:

just giving context. I don't think many would have changed their normal habits without being forced to even with that estimate out there. 

I don't think many on MN have any way still stop and go in to the city in the am . zero parking at the few stores slowed to stay open.  but again I get it we can't get covid crammed in to a target or menerds after driving around the lot for 5 min looking for a spot 

49 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't think many on MN have any way still stop and go in to the city in the am . zero parking at the few stores slowed to stay open.  but again I get it we can't get covid crammed in to a target or menerds after driving around the lot for 5 min looking for a spot 

Derrrrrrrr

• Like 1

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

That’s a fucking lie!!! They said there would be 2 million with full social distancing then they said 250k then it was 60k. 

Let’s not also forget they are padding the numbers by labeling everything at COVID-19 death

• Like 1

Just now, jtssrx said:

That’s a fucking lie!!! They said there would be 2 million with full social distancing then they said 250k then it was 60k. 

Let’s not also forget they are padding the numbers by labeling everything at COVID-19 death

Derp derp derp derp 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Why do you keep lying about this.The 2.2 million number was if we did NOTHING.  

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

38 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

this is true about the covid death .

my electricians father-in-law had had copd for some time had a hospice nurse coming over regularly for about 60 days . he died like 2 weeks ago the coroner makes his death as covid . when asked about covid the coroner said all respiratory deaths are being called covid related . then asked he he was tested because other people in the family were worried they may have it or have given it to him . the responce was no he was not tested all repratory related deaths are marked as covid related . 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why do you keep lying about this you fucking idiot? The 2.2 million number was if we did NOTHING.  

no it was 2.2 before any talk of social distance or talk of shelter in place it was before any of this shit .

then it switched to oh if you lock your self in your house and new York stops mandating recovering covid patients are addmited on to long care facility's only 250k will die . they did not know shit and wer e just tossing shit out to see what stuck . just like every other day 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Were you expecting any kind of educated answer?

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

how do you know we would not be exactly where we are now ? 

I know how the models work and how they are manipulated to fit the projection they want . just look at global warming models of the past if you need a quick reminder .

:lol: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

The few stores that are open have limited people allowed inside.  Walmart are like nazis about it. I haven’t found any of the stores to be crowded. It’s actually quite nice. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The few stores that are open have limited people allowed inside.  Walmart are like nazis about it. I haven’t found any of the stores to be crowded. It’s actually quite nice. 

no at least not in MN in the last 30 days lines down the aisle 10 or more deep every register open . 

it is a fucking joke and worse at least menerds old John the tight ass was not even supplying gloves and masks for his people . like he has no connections for that shit or even a,plant that could pump them out.  but what ever as long as he can keep shoveling mo at in to his pool the lady who owns a salon can fuck off and the guy who runs suit store can just file chapter 19 and tge resort owner well screw those millionares they can afford to not in biz for opener because every one know as how much more risky those stores  are than target or walnart . 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

go see your daughter and go to the menerds or wall Mart by her house in maple grove.  fucking packed but all the small stores around the rest of that shit show closed up 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no at least not in MN in the last 30 days lines down the aisle 10 or more deep every register open . 

it is a fucking joke and worse at least menerds old John the tight ass was not even supplying gloves and masks for his people . like he has no connections for that shit or even a,plant that could pump them out.  but what ever as long as he can keep shoveling mo at in to his pool the lady who owns a salon can fuck off and the guy who runs suit store can just file chapter 19 and tge resort owner well screw those millionares they can afford to not in biz for opener because every one know as how much more risky those stores  are than target or walnart . 

Every employee here at menards has masks and gloves and apparently they are mandatory.  Maybe it’s a store manager decision.  Ironically (maybe) all I’ve talked to about having to wear it hate it and think it’s just stupid.  I’m actually surprised not one has given me some “for the greater good speech”.

Our medical and viral “experts” can’t even convince basic Americans that any of these preventative measures a worthy because their stories have changed so often.  My god. Total mess.