Check your account email address ×

Trump to invoke Defense Production Act to keep meat-processing plants open amid fears of supply shortage

Just now, Highmark said:

As I've stated before it might have to be the NG but hopefully it won't get to that.   

I don't believe the act Trump evoked mandates full production.   Not sure on what it does say.

Hopefully the company can do as much as possible to help the safety of the workers but if you knew anything about the food processing industry you would understand its likely they are spreading it at home more so than at the plant. 

Home, plant, it all speads when people are in close proximity, I just won't be surprised if there's worker shortage. Two things can prevent that, proper PPE and hazard pay.

58 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Home, plant, it all speads when people are in close proximity, I just won't be surprised if there's worker shortage. Two things can prevent that, proper PPE and hazard pay.

They should get a free pig as a sign on bonus.

• USA Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Now that's an interesting thought, do some research and post up some factual numbers for us.

I'm thinking these meat packing plants are going to have get there folks some serious PPE like you have to keep people working, what are those outfits made out of?

I’m just required to wear a mask. In the morning crews come through parts of the building with disinfectant and clean keyboards, mice, table tops, check out my personal stuff....  I don’t know what the suits are made of, I get up and leave for 5 minutes.

I was told someone got sick on one of the production lines and they ended up baking one of the aircraft in a heat test area as well as quarantining it for a period of time.

Completely unscientific approach 

• USA Contributing Member

Where I am the masks, wash your hands, reduced workforce, the cleanings all seem to be working. I think there are a total of 22 confirmed cases in different areas, I would say they got it outside of work. 

Company just said they are giving the idiots that have been coming into work $500 untaxed, that’s the first “bonus” or “hazard payment” I’ve ever received from this place so I’m happy.  I’m looking for a newer sled and this will help.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just because Trump says plants must remain open doesn't mean they are able to...

Order to open meat plants brings anxiety to Iowa town where 90% of cases are tied to Tyson - USA TODAY
https://apple.news/ANnm6bg88Q2eEFvj9MFT7qQ

21 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Where I am the masks, wash your hands, reduced workforce, the cleanings all seem to be working. I think there are a total of 22 confirmed cases in different areas, I would say they got it outside of work. 

Company just said they are giving the idiots that have been coming into work $500 untaxed, that’s the first “bonus” or “hazard payment” I’ve ever received from this place so I’m happy.  I’m looking for a newer sled and this will help.

Same here, in the field everyone has been wearing a mask since the shelter in place order, we just recently got face shields for the field, in the office we all wear a mask when out in the open area, and we re doing all the hand washing, we also gave everyone hand sanitizer to have at there desk, and we have the office cleaned every night.

• Like 1