Check your account email address ×

Clorroquine saves lives

From Health Canada on it's use:

results from “large, well-designed studies are essential to determine if the benefits of chloroquine and hydroxycholoroquine outweigh their risks in the treatment of COVID-19.”

“To date, data from clinical trials are limited, and the results have not conclusively shown that any specific medications are effective against COVID-19" 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

results from “large, well-designed studies are essential to determine if the benefits of chloroquine and hydroxycholoroquine outweigh their risks in the treatment of COVID-19.”

“To date, data from clinical trials are limited, and the results have not conclusively shown that any specific medications are effective against COVID-19" 

It’s been a strike out on all medicines. There was a blood thinner and anti clotting pair of drugs that showed promise. Those were proven to be mostly ineffective also. Shit, they still can’t figure out how covid is killing people. 

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Is it effective or disinfective?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s been a strike out on all medicines. There was a blood thinner and anti clotting pair of drugs that showed promise. Those were proven to be mostly ineffective also. Shit, they still can’t figure out how covid is killing people. 

Designed in a lab with TWO characteristics: 

Contagiousness

Pneumonia 

Think about it, what could be more effective? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 7:04 PM, frenchy said:

Are you ready to admit that you were wrong about this yet or do you still believe it? 

I think this is the first time the internet history you should finally stand up and admit you were wrong. What are you going to do though That's the question 😂And no this isn't the proper quote of you laughing about it saying how stupid it was and how wrong Trump was I didn't feel like going to look for that one but you know what you said. Now what's it going to be?

Edited by washedupmxer

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Are you ready to admit that you were wrong about this yet or do you still believe it? 

I think this is the first time the internet history you should finally stand up and admit you were wrong. What are you going to do though That's the question 😂And no this isn't the proper quote of you laughing about it saying how stupid it was and how wrong Trump was I didn't feel like going to look for that one but you know what you said. Now what's it going to be?

you better start looking :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Virol J. 2005; 2: 69.
Published online 2005 Aug 22. doi: 10.1186/1743-422X-2-69
PMCID: PMC1232869
PMID: 16115318

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.

Abstract

Background

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

Results

We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

So just to be clear you've never said chloroquine was a non treatment and a dumb trumper thing? 

I don't think I have made a single post on the subject aside from a C&P re HC's position on it. Feel free to prove me wrong though. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Another article showing some effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine against SARS and MERS......both coronavirus'. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5733787/

Edited by Highmark

On 4/27/2020 at 4:48 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Somehow. I can't put too much stock in what some Orthodox Russian Jew, with a face full of repulsively disgusting hair says.   

You’re a total prick. But sometimes you crack me up. 

On 4/27/2020 at 10:40 PM, f7ben said:

Isn’t it crazy how JT parrots literally every single fucking retarded thing that emanates from Trumps cockholster?

It has zero to do with Trump. But if you feel the need to suggest it, have at it. I'm not arguing with you anymore on this. I don't like Trump and as a matter of fact he supports shelter in place which makes me like him even less