Check your account email address ×

What we’ve done is dumbest decision in American history

We couldn't let the CV run wild because we didn't know its capabilities. Now that we know more about its capabilities its time to change our response. Its a good things states get to govern themselves. Some states will be able to recover more quickly. 

Imagine how fucked we would be if this whole thing was being managed on a federal level. Politics would cripple any hope for recovery. . 

• Thanks 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

We couldn't let the CV run wild because we didn't know its capabilities. Now that we know more about its capabilities its time to change our response. Its a good things states get to govern themselves. Some states will be able to recover more quickly. 

Imagine how fucked we would be if this whole thing was being managed on a federal level. Politics would cripple any hope for recovery. . 

Imagine how this could have been minimized had those at the federal level managed it properly and had taken it more serious from the beginning. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Imagine how this could have been minimized had those at the federal level managed it properly and had taken it more serious from the beginning. 

When?

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I agree.  

The politics has been one the most disheartening thing to come out of the virus pandemic. 

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I agree.  

The politics has been one the most disheartening thing to come out of the virus pandemic. 

The political bullshit has really been coming out over the last 3.5 years.  I sure hope it is opening the eyes of many.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

The political bullshit has really been coming out over the last 3.5 years.  I sure hope it is opening the eyes of many.

Just the past 3.5?  LOL

8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I agree.  What was interesting though is seeing how “precautions” became a political power exercise against Constitutional rights and liberties in some states.  Another “for the greater good” repression of the BIll of Rights....and it’s not over.

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

When?

He doesn’t know.  But he’ll try to answer with something here that blames Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Just the past 3.5?  LOL

Well, it sure seems like a lot more political bs starts showing when someone with an R is elected to a top position in the state I am in and in this case it was in Washington as well.

6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Went to the post office and gas station today. I like the lack of cars and people out there. 

Opposite here, tourist area and fishing season starting may 2nd., many sno-birds have returned from their Winter homes.

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, it sure seems like a lot more political bs starts showing when someone with an R is elected to a top position in the state I am in and in this case it was in Washington as well.

The roles have just reversed.  Same shit different day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Opposite here, tourist area and fishing season starting may 2nd., many sno-birds have returned from their Winter homes.

I think your imbecile’s orders are about to start being ignored.  I was doing some interesting reading on the massive overreach the state and local governments have taken in the business sectors.  It actually sounds like they don’t have much legitimate legal recourse if a business opens back up against the orders. From what I’ve read, they can deny business licensing for a myriad of reasons but, once they’ve issued it, it usually goes to court to withdraw it.  Ooops.

Should get interesting.

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree. For over a month it was a hoax.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think your imbecile’s orders are about to start being ignored.  I was doing some interesting reading on the massive overreach the state and local governments have taken in the business sectors.  It actually sounds like they don’t have much legitimate legal recourse if a business opens back up against the orders. From what I’ve read, they can deny business licensing for a myriad of reasons but, once they’ve issued it, it usually goes to court to withdraw it.  Ooops.

Should get interesting.

Much of it has already been ignored, we ate at 2 places last Wednesday, granted it was outside seating but that wasn't supposed to be allowed either.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Much of it has already been ignored, we ate at 2 places last Wednesday, granted it was outside seating but that wasn't supposed to be allowed either.

Good!  Starting to see some pushback here too.   Looks like May 3rd isn’t soon enough for many.  Time to get going again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Once it opens up around here, there will be tons of cars, traffic...…….AGAIN. 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Once it opens up around here, there will be tons of cars, traffic...…….AGAIN. 

I live in 1 of the larger Counties in Wisconsin, we only have 17,000 year round residents in the whole county, many Lakes and Forests, it's mostly Tourists in the Summer and Snowmobiling in the Winter.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I live in 1 of the larger Counties in Wisconsin, we only have 17,000 year round residents in the whole county, many Lakes and Forests, it's mostly Tourists in the Summer and Snowmobiling in the Winter.

Sounds like a neat area for recreation!!!  :bc:

43 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Seems to me, more people are just dug deeper into divide.   

Does it not seem bizarre that no matter what happens in this Country it is a deeply divided issue. with Dems & Repubs  miraculously being on opposite sides of every issue?

I mean, how could that possibly be?     

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Seems to me, more people are just dug deeper into divide.   

Does it not seem bizarre that no matter what happens in this Country it is a deeply divided issue. with Dems & Repubs  miraculously being on opposite sides of every issue?

I mean, how could that possibly be?     

Well, like him or not, look who is running the country.  His arrogant attitude is just driving a deeper wedge.  

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Well, like him or not, look who is running the country.  His arrogant attitude is just driving a deeper wedge.  

Unfortunately, many don't know how to look past that.   It's fine for a professional athlete to have an attitude as long as he is on the team you like, just like politicians.