Check your account email address ×

Illlinois Opening State Parks, Golf, Boating, etc. May 1st

29 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There are thousands of people with second homes who didn't flee to there second homes, and that doesn't make them fools.

I can understand your concern about people coming from areas with a high CV-19 infection rate, most people are conscientious and will either stay at home or if they come up they will quarantine for 14 days, it's the 5-10% that don't give a fuck, it's those 5-10% that made some governors ban second home travel.

This past Wednesday I was at the store and there was this neanderthal looking type and his equally stupid looking wife along with two teenage kids, none with any protection and certainly not paying any attention to social distancing....... All you can do ckf is protect yourself because there is only one thing that stops stupid, we know this.

Meanwhile in NH, a three hour drive from Boston....

Screenshot_20200426-090653_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, A05GSHO said:

As long as C-19 is active NO.  5x the FIBs are infected stay the fuck out

Why are trains running from Wisconsin to downtown Chicago,with Wisconsin residents working in Chicago?  Your logic is stupid and lacks common sense. You should hide under your bed until this is over.I’ve been on the phone with my neighbors in the UP asking if they need me to bring up anything next weekend. Told them I would be at my cabin if they want to stop by, if they don’t want to come over,I completely understand.They asked if there was anything I needed help with. They are out of work and need money . They want me to bring cash and want to come over and work for it. So I’m getting the complete opposite reaction from my little local town. They want us to come up and inject some money into their economy. They are hurting with the shut down,like every other small town. A lot of them work construction. With nobody coming up,no body is calling for quotes. 

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Meanwhile in NH, a three hour drive from Boston....

Screenshot_20200426-090653_Facebook.jpg

The wife and I only go in the woods during the week and then we stay off the paved trails where all the people are doing there exercising walks and biking, I take her down all the old goat paths I used to ride my mountain bike on, you need hiking boots, on the weekend we stay on the road and out of the woods.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Why are trains running from Wisconsin to downtown Chicago,with Wisconsin residents working in Chicago?  Your logic is stupid and lacks common sense. You should hide under your bed until this is over.I’ve been on the phone with my neighbors in the UP asking if they need me to bring up anything next weekend. Told them I would be at my cabin if they want to stop by, if they don’t want to come over,I completely understand.They asked if there was anything I needed help with. They are out of work and need money . They want me to bring cash and want to come over and work for it. So I’m getting the complete opposite reaction from my little local town. They want us to come up and inject some money into their economy. They are hurting with the shut down,like every other small town. A lot of them work construction. With nobody coming up,no body is calling for quotes. 

It's just the opposite where I'm from as far as the building trades. I talked to my buddy last week. He has bad one person ask to put off a kitchen remodel. No worries on his part as he is a year,and xss a half to 2 years out. He said that he is still pricing work and getting new jobs. :dunno:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

You should see south bound 294 with the cheese heads coming into IL to go to work.

Those are parked cars at a trailhead. Most of which have MA plates. The WMNF is a very busy place. 2/3 of the country's population is within a days drive of the White Mountains National Forest.  

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The wife and I only go in the woods during the week and then we stay off the paved trails where all the people are doing there exercising walks and biking, I take her down all the old goat paths I used to ride my mountain bike on, you need hiking boots, on the weekend we stay on the road and out of the woods.

:bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

My daughter and I just got back from the State Park,and we saw a lot of locals and a few out of towners....everybody was friendly and cool...we stayed out of the woods as I need to get some Deet to keep those nasty ticks at bay! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

All I'm going to say is that when "out of towners " throw the $$$ thing out.  :bigfinger:

I never said that and don’t feel that way. More of basic economics than throwing cash around.  The bar by my place ( the only business in town) will go under. There  are only about 100 full time residents. 90% of their business is tourist. Camp grounds, second homes,and rental cabins . There are  twenty or so places  on the two mile dead end road my place is on. Only 4 permanent residents. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's just the opposite where I'm from as far as the building trades. I talked to my buddy last week. He has bad one person ask to put off a kitchen remodel. No worries on his part as he is a year,and xss a half to 2 years out. He said that he is still pricing work and getting new jobs. :dunno:

Most of the second home people near me don’t use them in the winter. Out side projects are done come Nov. they average 250” of snow. Nobody is coming up to open their places. Michigan also shut down tree service and most construction. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My wife and daughter have been doing long walks on the trails by us. Lots of people are finally using them with the gyms closed. She said even though they are crowded,everyone is respectful of each other’s space.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A05GSHO said:

Try to keep up here, wait I'll type slower for you so you can comprehend.

I already stated my case, I can see your just another I don't give a fuck disrespectful FIB.

Looks like 99% of the fibs are staying home. So this might be effecting your top three state industries a tad. Don’t worry,your dairy industry will pull you through. Oh wait,it’s also in the shitter. https://madison.com/wsj/business/tourism-a-key-driver-of-wisconsins-economy-could-see-billions-of-dollars-lost-to-covid/article_bdadc728-5d70-5ad3-8c23-6cb094c6d648.html

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Holy shit. GSHO  getting owned to the maximum max. 

OWNED...:lol2:

39,658 reported CV cases in Fibland

5356 in Wisco

IGNORANT FUCKING FIBS.  Who's owned???  Pull your head out of your ass.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

OWNED...:lol2:

39,658 reported CV cases in Fibland

5356 in Wisco

IGNORANT FUCKING FIBS.  Who's owned???  Pull your head out of your ass.

What does that have to do with anything? It's more than clear that you need Illinois dollars to sustain your up north economies. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks