Check your account email address ×

Illlinois Opening State Parks, Golf, Boating, etc. May 1st

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You are good to go now and in all honesty you could have come up anytime. 

I know. The only thing really driving me to want to go is boredom right now. No urgency...

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I know. The only thing really driving me to want to go is boredom right now. No urgency...

Got ya...sunny today but chilly....warmer days on the horizon. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

You have no game,go back to HCS Phaggit.

Yep, thats all it is to a dumb fuck FIB as yourself a fucking game.

Please continue your display of ignorance.

3 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

He made some good points, you never refuted any of them. Then you called him stupid. Seems legit. :lol: 

So you have nothing? Just fibs are going to give us boomer aids? You are dumb.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

All I'm going to say is that when "out of towners " throw the $$$ thing out.  :bigfinger:

Whether you like it or not the fact remains without tourism a lot of these places in northern Michigan would fold up and go out of business. Just the way it is...

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Whether you like it or not the fact remains without tourism a lot of these places in northern Michigan would fold up and go out of business. Just the way it is...

Understood as I have lived up here since I was a wee lad and yes much of our economy relies on tourist/second homeowner dollars and for the most part people are cool about it. 

33 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Whether you like it or not most of your money goes back to big companies or to support a business that someone from out of town started.  At least that's the way it is in our area. Our area would not need the tourists if it only needed to support the true locals. 

Also,  take it from someone who spent over 25 years catering to tourists... if you have that attitude while you are there you will pay top dollar for everything.  I'm guessing most of you don't act that way when you are there though. :news:

40 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yep.  There’s great perks to living in a touristy area.  One detriment is usually lack of high paying employment.  Our area can have both with the amount of colleges around here but, our liberal run city chooses to keep a good population deficit going.  It’s like bizarro world but....Meh.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

He made some good points, you never refuted any of them. Then you called him stupid. Seems legit. :lol: 

Try to keep up here, wait I'll type slower for you so you can comprehend.

I already stated my case, I can see your just another I don't give a fuck disrespectful FIB.

2 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

Try to keep up here, wait I'll type slower for you so you can comprehend.

I already stated my case, I can see your just another I don't give a fuck disrespectful FIB.

Whats wrong with people traveling to their second home?  Lots of people from Cali, Nevada and Phoenix have second homes in Havasu. Should those people not be allowed to come recreate and enjoy life away from the city when they want?

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

Whether you like it or not most of your money goes back to big companies or to support a business that someone from out of town started.  At least that's the way it is in our area. Our area would not need the tourists if it only needed to support the true locals. 

Also,  take it from someone who spent over 25 years catering to tourists... if you have that attitude while you are there you will pay top dollar for everything.  I'm guessing most of you don't act that way when you are there though. :news:

Most around me are just locals. I’ve got to know a lot of them pretty well over the years. And consider them friends.

I know the guy you’re talking about, throwing hundreds around and acting foolish. I have a few friends that are no longer welcome in some of these places. That’s not me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Most around me are just locals. I’ve got to know a lot of them pretty well over the years. And consider them friends.

I know the guy you’re talking about, throwing hundreds around and acting foolish. I have a few friends that are no longer welcome in some of these places. That’s not me.

Ours were mostly from Boston.  I've meet and become good friends with several guys from Boston.  Then there are the others that I just smiled and took their money. 

I get a kick out of some "flatlanders" that think they are just dealing with a bunch of dumb hicks.  That dumb hick doing the dirt work for their new cabin is laughing all the way to the bank.  I know a lot of dumb hicks that are worth a lot more coin than the supposed rich guy that they are working for. For most it's just a show and they are leveraged to the hilt just to impress their friends.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Whats wrong with people traveling to their second home?  Lots of people from Cali, Nevada and Phoenix have second homes in Havasu. Should those people not be allowed to come recreate and enjoy life away from the city when they want?

As long as the disrespectful FIBs stay out of my state I'm fine.

23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How about the respectful ones. Can they come to your state?

As long as C-19 is active NO.  5x the FIBs are infected stay the fuck out

As long as C-19 is active NO.  5x the FIBs are infected stay the fuck out

Here's the problem with that opnion. You know damn well if you lived in a dangerous area and owned a piece of property in the sticks that you would do what you needed to do to protect your family.  Anyone that wouldn't is a fool.  

However,  that doesn't mean to gi there with a fuck it attitude. Bring 14 days worth of food and go directly to your 2nd home and self quarantine for 14 days before interacting with the locals. 

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

State lines.....why do we need them?

You don't believe in property rights?

The rule here in VT is to self quarantine for 14 days after entering the state.  As long as they abide by the order I'm good with them coming to the property that they pay taxes on.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ckf said:

Here's the problem with that opnion. You know damn well if you lived in a dangerous area and owned a piece of property in the sticks that you would do what you needed to do to protect your family.  Anyone that wouldn't is a fool.  

However,  that doesn't mean to gi there with a fuck it attitude. Bring 14 days worth of food and go directly to your 2nd home and self quarantine for 14 days before interacting with the locals. 

There are thousands of people with second homes who didn't flee to there second homes, and that doesn't make them fools.

I can understand your concern about people coming from areas with a high CV-19 infection rate, most people are conscientious and will either stay at home or if they come up they will quarantine for 14 days, it's the 5-10% that don't give a fuck, it's those 5-10% that made some governors ban second home travel.

This past Wednesday I was at the store and there was this neanderthal looking type and his equally stupid looking wife along with two teenage kids, none with any protection and certainly not paying any attention to social distancing....... All you can do ckf is protect yourself because there is only one thing that stops stupid, we know this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There are thousands of people with second homes who didn't flee to there second homes, and that doesn't make them fools.

I can understand your concern about people coming from areas with a high CV-19 infection rate, most people are conscientious and will either stay at home or if they come up they will quarantine for 14 days, it's the 5-10% that don't give a fuck, it's those 5-10% that made some governors ban second home travel.

This past Wednesday I was at the store and there was this neanderthal looking type and his equally stupid looking wife along with two teenage kids, none with any protection and certainly not paying any attention to social distancing....... All you can do ckf is protect yourself because there is only one thing that stops stupid, we know this.

You know what I meant. If you feared for your families lives and owned property well away from the danger zone.  :bc:

• Like 2